Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,600,022 times

Advertisements

Any predictions on the 2009 elections for governor in NJ?

Corzine is unpopular but has much financial wealth

Christie is running in a blue state but one in deep recession

Anyone seen any polls? What do you NJ people predict will happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 05:42 AM

11,358 posts, read 16,723,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post

After 3 years+ with nothing but broken promises, it's time for Corzine to go away.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,195,084 times
I thought NJ was through with governors named 'Christie'?

Old 06-04-2009, 07:21 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,766,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post

As much as I hate to say it I think Corzine will win. there are so many knee jerk Dems in Jersey that they would not even consider a Republican.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I thought NJ was through with governors named 'Christie'?

Are you kidding compared to the jokers we have had since her Whitman looks like George Washington.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,346,879 times
The Dems could run a dalmation for Gov and it would win.

Jersey voters are cloned jackasses.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The Dems could run a dalmation for Gov and it would win.

Jersey voters are cloned jackasses.
That is true, and I wish they would. A dalmation could do a better job than Corzine

Old 06-04-2009, 10:07 AM

23,577 posts, read 17,253,889 times
Default perfect record

Everyone in NJ who is eligible to vote does so!

Votes are cast by registered voters and eligible, but non registered voters who think they do not participate in the voting.

Biased news media monopolizes the flavor of information the voters need digest in order to make an informed decision.

Politicians practiced in measuring words and calculating sentences operate on the border of ethical and legal limits.

The minimal level of critical thinking and thorough investigation of candidates by the voters ensures that NJ will continue to writhe in a state of chronic pathology.

Will not be surprised if Jon gets elected but strangely enough the day after an election you can't seem to find anyone who voted for the winning candidate.

Would like to see a severe limit on the amount of funds spent on an election and a standard comparison chart published to compare
candidates' records.

In this day of relational databases it is amazing no one has chronicled the statements and actions of candidates and their supporters for quick reference of an accumulated 'body of works'.

We need to see a pattern to make an informed decision. Isolated snippets marketed to promote or denegrated a candidate are all we get from the media. There are a few isolated investigative reporters but without a database to reference and summarizes astounding information, their work becomes neutralized.

NJ - prognosis poor

Old 06-04-2009, 10:29 AM

24,429 posts, read 23,092,690 times
I see Corzine deciding not to run for re election at the last minute. That way they won't have a democrat to blame for the shambles the state is in. New Jersey's courts being what they are, they may even wait until AFTER the legal election deadline to have Corzine drop out so the Christie campaign can't engineer a counter campaign against his new opponent. Senator Torracelli set the precedent.
But the voters may want another Christie in office, they certainly won't want a MacGreevey or a Florio.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:46 AM

1,446 posts, read 4,600,022 times
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSES GUYS!!! However, I am left with one more question. Why has NJ become such a blue state. When my mother was growing up, NJ was slightly for the GOP. Now we are almost the bluest of the blues. Why? What happened? I do not believe it is simply demographic change...Texas experienced even more demographic (racial/ethnic) change without its political leaning changing too much. What happened? I do not believe it is the secular nature of the northeat...many states out west are secular but can still be for the GOP or are swing states. What happened in NJ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections