Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 02:21 AM

673 posts, read 4,069,931 times

Advertisements

What party do you think will win the 2008 presidential and congressional elections?

Personally, I think its very likely the congress will increase their Democratic majorities

I dont know what state's are up for senate seats next year but I find it hard to believe the senate wouldnt stay Democratic.

As far as President goes I have a feeling if Guilliani doesnt win the primaries that it will be Democratic also but if Gulliani wins the primaries it will be up in the air who wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 07:41 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,558 times
I am very wary about voting democrat in the next election. The democrats seem intent on giving illegal immigrants amnesty. The republicans seem intent on continuing/starting wars. It's lose/lose. Neither side does what I want. I know I'm not alone in this feeling.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:36 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Maybe I'm baselessly optimistic but I hope the winners of the coming elections will be the best people for the jobs regardless of what party affiliation they may have.

Last edited by burdell; 05-01-2007 at 08:48 AM..

Old 05-01-2007, 08:43 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
If the dems can stay away from the "non-issue" (meaning that most americans are not affected by them in any way and the media loves to hype on them) topics like gay marriage, abortions. And do NOT give illegals amnesty, they will win. The little guy is hurting nowadays and to do the amnesty thing would be perceived as a slap in the face to the working class.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:45 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
I am very wary about voting democrat in the next election. The democrats seem intent on giving illegal immigrants amnesty. The republicans seem intent on continuing/starting wars. It's lose/lose. Neither side does what I want. I know I'm not alone in this feeling.
That pretty much sums up how I feel. Ron Paul is about the closest thing to a perfect candidate for me. He's anti-amnesty and consistently voted against the war in Iraq. He doesn't have a snowball's chance though.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
I think with current candidates to choose from that the White house and Congress being split between the 2 parties is the best thing in order to cancel out the stupidness that all seem to have lately.

In my mind the less they get done the better.

Heaven help us if H C becomes prez and has a Democrat congress backing her.(puking emoticon insert here).

Old 05-01-2007, 10:02 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
If the dems can stay away from the "non-issue" (meaning that most americans are not affected by them in any way and the media loves to hype on them) topics like gay marriage, abortions. And do NOT give illegals amnesty, they will win. The little guy is hurting nowadays and to do the amnesty thing would be perceived as a slap in the face to the working class.
The Democrats have sold out like the Republicans have. Check out Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid's contribution lists from major corporations:

Walmart (a slave-making factory)
Microsoft (exploits H-1B labor and lowers US tech wages).
Tyson chiecken (love illegal aliens).

and the list goes on and on.... all large corporations that exploit US workers.

I rather Republicans starting fights with the Middle East than Democrats pushing amnesties to destroy the quality of life in the USA and continuing to depress US wages.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
I rather Republicans starting fights with the Middle East than Democrats pushing amnesties to destroy the quality of life in the USA and continuing to depress US wages.

So just how much of your own and your family's blood are you willing to contribute to what you seem to be calling a valid political strategy?

Last edited by burdell; 05-01-2007 at 12:19 PM..

Old 05-01-2007, 11:38 AM

793 posts, read 3,122,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
The Democrats have sold out like the Republicans have. Check out Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid's contribution lists from major corporations:

Walmart (a slave-making factory)
Microsoft (exploits H-1B labor and lowers US tech wages).
Tyson chiecken (love illegal aliens).

and the list goes on and on.... all large corporations that exploit US workers.

The problem though is that plenty of Republicans are also pushing for amnesty and two-faced John McCain is one of the biggest culprits. Republicans have plenty of ulterior motives to back amnesty (generally big business) just like the Democrats. There are at least some, not many, but some Republicans who take a no-nonsense stance on illegal immigration and apparently understand the deinition of "illegal" and thus the discussion ends at that point. This issue of illegal immigration disgusts me more than everything else put togther about our worthless corrupt government. To especially all the scum out on the streets protesting reform again today and openly admiting you are here illegally, you aren't welcome here and I don't need you cheaters to retrieve my muffin in the morning and get to work on time. And I don't drink coffee anyhow. Your case isn't in the least bit compelling and now you only make many of us want you hauled out via the paddy wagons more quickly and "arrogantly". My life is in fact BETTER, when you aren't employed. Ditto for all businesses who knowingly hire these illegals. And I don't care that you aren't all "one pea in a pod". I know quite well you come from all points in-between, not just "south of the border". Throw out the dopey pc-racist retorts. I could care less about that predictable stunt and can only actually comprehend that approach when you have no rational, legal counter-point to offer.
Both parties created this mess to begin like everything else from pork barrel spending to deficits to a dying social security system. No its no that simple to just "fix". But you all screwed it up to begin with, so figure out a way. At this point I could care less about the Middle East and what we should do in Iraq. The end result and the goals are meaningless if our soveriengty, the sovereignty of THE United States of America, means nothing to these low-life politicians. For Bush to even pretend to publicly be attempting to enhance our security of our borders is an absolute sham. He has violated his oath to this country in his reckless disregard for our national borders. You want Bush impeached because of Iraq, Harry Reid? Why not try traveling this avenue instead? You would have a compelling legal argument in this case.

Last edited by unknown stuntman; 05-01-2007 at 11:48 AM..

Old 05-01-2007, 11:48 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Both parties created this mess to begin like everything else from pork barrel spending to deficits to a dying social security system. No its no that simple to just "fix". But you all screwed it up to begin with, so figure out a way. At this point I could care less about the Middle East and what we should do in Iraq. The end result and the goals are meaningless if our soveriengty, the sovereignty of THE United States of America, means nothing to these low-life politicians. For Bush to even pretend to publicly be attempting to enhance our security of our borders is an absolute sham. He has violated his oath to this country in his reckless disregard for our national borders. You want Bush impeached because of Iraq, Harry Reid? Why not try traveling this avenue instead? You would have a compelling legal argument in this case.
Quoted For Truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections