Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Palin could not be president of my toenail fan club! I think that she is out of touch with the realities of people outside of her fan club
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 04:49 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
I think it would all come down to who cried at what diner in which state.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:00 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Palin could not be president of my toenail fan club! I think that she is out of touch with the realities of people outside of her fan club
you have a toe nail fan club? and you talk about other people this way.you a dem by chance?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:00 PM

807 posts, read 1,303,112 times
Sarah Palin, love her or hate her, she made an attempt at populism in 2008 and did attract some voters, and likely would have fared better attracting the conservative base had she ran with a "real" conservative..

That said, while Sarah Palin is marketed better as a populist, Hillary comes across as arogant and pompous.. It's as if it's a battle between Red State America's Working Class VS. Liberal Elite icon, Hillary Clinton..

Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Clinton 72% / Palin 28% Any questions?

Topic was about who's better qualified. As if there was any doubt.

Source

The 28% that went for Palin is consistent with the stats we've seen on the number of people who still self-identify with the GOP.

Not really a surprise.

Excerpt:

- The survey indicates that a majority of Republicans, 54%, feel Palin is qualified, with 44% indicating she isn't. But only 29% of independent voters questioned feel she is qualified to serve as president, with 68% disagreeing. According to the poll, 90% of Democrats feel Palin is not qualified.

Interesting that 44% of GOP'ers consider Palin not qualified while twice as many DEM's, 90% consider her not qualified. For sure, some party loyalty shows up in both those numbers, but having voted mostly GOP all my life, I find the DEM 90% to be far more honest and accurate, as there's no way in hell I can find Palin even remotely qualified for much of anything.
Yeah, sure. I don't believe it for a second.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
I saw Palin on her little book tour on the news, they showed a clip of one of her interviews w/ Katie Couric, the one about Putin rearing his head.... OH my lord I laughed so hard I cried! Those pre-election days sure were a lot of fun, weren't they?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:42 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:

Source

The 28% that went for Palin is consistent with the stats we've seen on the number of people who still self-identify with the GOP.

Not really a surprise.

Excerpt:

- The survey indicates that a majority of Republicans, 54%, feel Palin is qualified, with 44% indicating she isn't. But only 29% of independent voters questioned feel she is qualified to serve as president, with 68% disagreeing. According to the poll, 90% of Democrats feel Palin is not qualified.

Interesting that 44% of GOP'ers consider Palin not qualified while twice as many DEM's, 90% consider her not qualified. For sure, some party loyalty shows up in both those numbers, but having voted mostly GOP all my life, I find the DEM 90% to be far more honest and accurate, as there's no way in hell I can find Palin even remotely qualified for much of anything.
Mike, I'm sorry that your manhood is threatebed by a beautiful, intelligent, successful lady..
Chill out dude, she won't hurt you....

Old 11-16-2009, 05:43 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
I don't really care either way as long as Hillary is never President.. but it is CNN.. if it was FOX Palin would have crushed her. You HAVE to take that into perspective when looking at anything from the news.
Washington Post/ABC

Sarah Palin: new chapter, same challenges - Behind the Numbers

Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:

Source

Not really a surprise.

Excerpt:

Pretty meaningless at this point in time.

Clinton has been on the national stage for quite some time, and campaigned extensively to be the 2008 nominee. Palin has never run her own campaign for national office, she was a sidekick on a campaign.

Nobody knows how she would do on her own, and independent of partner candate constraints.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Seriously, if ANYONE truly thinks that Palin is more qualified to be president then Clinton they aren't capable of voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections