Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:22 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Sarah Palin, love her or hate her, she made an attempt at populism in 2008 and did attract some voters, and likely would have fared better attracting the conservative base had she ran with a "real" conservative..
The conservative base had NOTHING to do with her loss. It was that she didn't attract anyone in the center.

The loyal 30% base still voted for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 06:38 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Clinton 72% / Palin 28% Any questions?

Topic was about who's better qualified. As if there was any doubt.

Source

The 28% that went for Palin is consistent with the stats we've seen on the number of people who still self-identify with the GOP.

Not really a surprise.

Excerpt:

- The survey indicates that a majority of Republicans, 54%, feel Palin is qualified, with 44% indicating she isn't. But only 29% of independent voters questioned feel she is qualified to serve as president, with 68% disagreeing. According to the poll, 90% of Democrats feel Palin is not qualified.

Interesting that 44% of GOP'ers consider Palin not qualified while twice as many DEM's, 90% consider her not qualified. For sure, some party loyalty shows up in both those numbers, but having voted mostly GOP all my life, I find the DEM 90% to be far more honest and accurate, as there's no way in hell I can find Palin even remotely qualified for much of anything.
It ll goes back to Palin being more qualified then state senator 0bama.

Hilary has no accomplishments to point to, none. Getting married to Bill, or getting elected to public office as a US senator is not an accomplishment. Senators are just one of many, they are unaccountable to anything. If Hilary can somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat and get Iran or North Korea to give up nukes, then that would be an accomplishment.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Palin is a know-nothing. She's no threat to anyone's manhood, spare us such taunts. She is a threat to us all if she gets her hands on our government; her near-total lack of knowledge is the greatest threat, like that of the idiot Bush who knew little and cared even less.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:49 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I saw Palin on her little book tour on the news, they showed a clip of one of her interviews w/ Katie Couric, the one about Putin rearing his head.... OH my lord I laughed so hard I cried! Those pre-election days sure were a lot of fun, weren't they?
They certainly were far more fun than what we have to deal with now. And to think 52% of the people believed every word Obama uttered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Seriously, if ANYONE truly thinks that Palin is more qualified to be president then Clinton they aren't capable of voting.
Anyone who thought Obama was more qualified wasn't capable of voting.

Palin is far more qualified than Obama. If she makes a mistake, it'll be an honest one. Obama's are all hidden agenda driven, which should be worrisome to everyone, including those who voted for him.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
I have a question - what is our government going to do to aid the down-and-out/homeless vagrants of our great nation:

Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
The left just cannot get their mind off Palin. It is Palin Deriangment. It's amazing that she captures so much attention. Obbession, jealousy and fear from the left wingers. CNN loses more ground every day.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
I don't really care either way as long as Hillary is never President.. but it is CNN.. if it was FOX Palin would have crushed her. You HAVE to take that into perspective when looking at anything from the news.
Not so much will polling. It depends on the validity of the poll, how large your polling group is, how unbiased your polling question, etc. So if you make your polling fair and your data voluminous then a poll is much different than "looking at the news" which, as you already know, would be opinion packaged as news if you are watching FOX.

As far as the polling data of this poll, I'd say it reflects most of America, however, there are plenty of red areas where it might be reversed. About 3 out of every 10 counties in America might find Sarah Palin more qualified than our current Secretary of State. Even Bush hovered near a 30% approval rating.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:29 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Fear Palin? No.

Fear that another GOP idiot (like G. W. Bush) could finish the job of wrecking this nation? Yes.

Making sure that GOP idiot Sarah Palin never holds public office again? Priceless.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
dcsldcd like to say people FEAR Sarah Palin. I don't know why, it's like a weird tic or something.

Loving that pic of Bill and Hill

Old 11-16-2009, 07:32 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Palin will NEVER be president, at least of the USA. She might make a good president of the local Rod n Gun Club.
Would you even qualify at the Rod n Gun, or Kennel Club, for that matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections