Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:18 AM

326 posts, read 429,951 times

Advertisements

I wonder whether that Google lady would be a viable option. She is thinking of making a run for California governor I believe. She would make a good GOP candidate. I would vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 03:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman123456 View Post
can I have some of what your smoking? how close minded can someone be?

See, your trying to scam me out of my stash. I worked hard to grow the tasty bud.

You won't even work hard for it.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:22 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
Seren77 wrote;
Quote:
I wonder whether that Google lady would be a viable option.
By "google lady" do you possibly mean Meg Whitman, the EBAY lady?

Based on the little you know about her I wonder if you've taken the time to study what she has been doing in politics up to now, NOTHING, and how she's going about trying to run for governor, HIRING THE SAME OLD POLITICAL HACKS THAT BROUGHT SCHWARZENEGGER TO POWER.

She's admitted that she last voted for President in 1984! Way to be engaged Meg.

She LIED in her first TV ad, saying she'd lived in CA for more than 30 years. Yet in a 2008 interview on CBS she told 60 Minutes that she'd lived in CA for "almost 20 years".

No op-ed pieces on how to fix any of the problems facing the state. No IDEAS on how to fix the problems. Oh, wait, that's right Arnold already fixed them all.

Another billionaire who thinks they have all the answers. Just like Arnold who thought his saying something should happen would make it happen. Politics isn't like that, it's the "art of the possible". And telling people to "just eat cake" isn't possible.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:39 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default The conservative candidate for 2012

Watch for Texas gov. Rick Perry.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:14 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There is nothing wrong with elitism.

"The problem here in America isn't that the country is being run by elites. It's that it's being run by a bunch of hayseeds." -Bill Maher, 13 Apr 2007

Bill Maher: Bring Back Elitism - Truthdig
the problem in america is that it isn't being run by americans.... we are answering to the new world order.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv5cqh26CC0

Old 04-13-2010, 07:16 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Watch for Texas gov. Rick Perry.
yep, he is on my list as well.

Nita

Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
We need someone who is intelligent with experience of running things.

Someone who is very conservative minded.

Someone who can handle money and get us out of the hole the dems and Obama put us in.

The only two who fit that are Newt and Mitt.

Both are intelligent, both have success behind them running things, Newt will be the perfect President for us while Mitt will be one of the strongest VP's ever and actually do something instead of being a Biden and just collect a pay check for nothing.

Gingrich and Romney are my choices as of today.

We have a great amount of rising stars in the conservative party and could be one of those who step up and get noticed.

The lack of experience in running things has shown to be a disaster thanks to Obama. He has failed this country miserably and allowed us to think about who we elect from here on in.

Whoever it is, they will have to be very conservative minded, fiscal responsible and be able to strengthen our military to defend us from those who hate us. They will have to have a money person behind them
( Romney ) to lower taxes and create jobs by doing so.

You cannot create jobs by overtaxing businesses and individuals like Obama is trying to do.

We are long way away from this election and anything can happen between now and then.

The gift ( Obama ) keeps on giving and we need to take advantage of it.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 AM

Sunny-days wrote;
Quote:
The only two who fit that are Newt and Mitt.

Both are intelligent, both have success behind them running things, Newt will be the perfect President for us while Mitt will be one of the strongest VP's ever and actually do something instead of being a Biden and just collect a pay check for nothing.
What exactly has Newt ever "run". His history is a (horrors) a college professor. He is a huge hypocrite on moral issues, denouncing President Clinton while having an affair with someone other than his wife. Dumped one wife while she was hospitalized with cancer. Other than his mouth, and a third rate lobbying firm he hasn't run anything.

Quote:
Whoever it is, they will have to be very conservative minded,
OK, that lets out Romney. Although I guess he can flip flop a couple of more times in the next 2 years. Although he'll have to time it well if he's not going to land on the liberal side again for the 2012 election.

Quote:
fiscal responsible and be able to strengthen our military to defend us from those who hate us.
How exactly would you "strengthen" the military? Are you implying that Obama has somehow weakened the military by eliminating the weapons systems that have (1) been shown not to work or (2) the generals and service secretaries didn't want?

Quote:
They will have to have a money person behind them
( Romney ) to lower taxes and create jobs by doing so.
Wait a minute. Are you saying that Bush's tax cuts didn't create enough jobs? We've had a pretty steady history of showing that you need to collect taxes if you want to buy all the things you want, like a "strengthened" military? What happened to all of the angst we've been reading about from you so called conservatives about BALANCING THE BUDGET?

Great job of parroting the right wing talking points. Now, how about some OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE of anything you've posited here.

Oh, and BTW, Obama has cut taxes, much more than you probably think. But jobs don't just happen the day the tax cuts take place.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Sunny-days wrote;

What exactly has Newt ever "run". His history is a (horrors) a college professor. He is a huge hypocrite on moral issues, denouncing President Clinton while having an affair with someone other than his wife. Dumped one wife while she was hospitalized with cancer. Other than his mouth, and a third rate lobbying firm he hasn't run anything.

OK, that lets out Romney. Although I guess he can flip flop a couple of more times in the next 2 years. Although he'll have to time it well if he's not going to land on the liberal side again for the 2012 election.

How exactly would you "strengthen" the military? Are you implying that Obama has somehow weakened the military by eliminating the weapons systems that have (1) been shown not to work or (2) the generals and service secretaries didn't want?

Wait a minute. Are you saying that Bush's tax cuts didn't create enough jobs? We've had a pretty steady history of showing that you need to collect taxes if you want to buy all the things you want, like a "strengthened" military? What happened to all of the angst we've been reading about from you so called conservatives about BALANCING THE BUDGET?

Great job of parroting the right wing talking points. Now, how about some OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE of anything you've posited here.

Oh, and BTW, Obama has cut taxes, much more than you probably think. But jobs don't just happen the day the tax cuts take place.
Boy, I guess we know how you feel, as if we didn't already. !!! Obama has cut taxes more than we thing? wow, that is a new one...

Nita

Old 04-14-2010, 03:43 PM

nmnita wrote;
Quote:
Boy, I guess we know how you feel, as if we didn't already. !!!
Yes, YOU particularly know how I feel! I feel it necessary to call out people who post such idiocy as someone who says they're going to support a couple of candidates that they obviously know nothing about.

Quote:
Obama has cut taxes more than we thing? wow, that is a new one...
In fact, Obama HAS cut taxes. Since it's "a new one" to you, I guess it would be more than you thinK. But maybe not more than you thinG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections