Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,557,330 times

Advertisements

HOME : Mike Spears for U.S. Senate
Local business man and Gulf War veteran has decided to throw his name in to run for Senate against Vitter. He owns and runs his own local internet IT business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 02:52 AM

22,208 posts, read 19,494,856 times
He is running as a conservative Independent. If he can garner enough votes from Vitter i its possible he could open the door a bit for Melancon.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He is running as a conservative Independent. If he can garner enough votes from Vitter i its possible he could open the door a bit for Melancon.
Melancon isn't well liked.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:07 AM

something else to consider is Louisiana's open primary system. If no one gets over 50% of the votes in the initial election then there's a run off of the top two candidates.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:39 PM

57 posts, read 104,921 times
There's another opponent as well....

http://www.miltongordonussenate.com/

Over the last few weeks, I've gotten to know Milton and his wife, Mechel, very well.

My dad met Milton when he was in downtown Shreveport putting out flyers. He handed my dad a flyer, and they began talking. Later that afternoon, my dad called to tell me about meeting him. I began researching him, and could not find anything on him, except for a short report announcing him as a candidate.

The next week, I picked up the phone and called him. This man seemed too good to be true, to me, so I wanted to talk to him in person.

To make a very long story short, even though I live in Texas, and have no vested interested in this race, other than the fact that this is the future of our country (Ok, so, that is a big stake in the race, I guess....), but, since I cannot vote in this race.....

I volunteered to create their website. Now, mind you, I have never met either Milton or Mechel in person, but over the last few weeks I've spent literally hours on the phone with the two of them, helping them in this campaign. I can tell you they are TRULY grassroots! They do not have the big money machine backing them. They both have full time jobs that they are continuing to work as they campaign.

So, if you are looking for another option, other than Vitter, I can tell you Milton Gordon is NOT the typical politican! He truly is a middle class man who wants to make a difference in our country!

PS: There's MUCH more to come on the website... I'm currently working on the flash programming. But, this is a new thing for me, so it's taking me a bit of time to learn it. So, come back and check it out in the coming weeks. And tell everyone you know about Milton Gordon.

Last edited by FreedomsBlessings; 04-22-2010 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: adding the PS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections