Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 02:30 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,643,669 times

Advertisements

A new video produced by Disney claims that Abraham Lincoln never cared about freeing slaves but deporting them. It is called a fake by Lincoln biographer David Kent. Disney is losing audiences in droves and losses at the box office.
The end of Disney is near. Everything that the conservatives build for healthy growth and the protection of innocence in the infant, the communist Marxists enter and destroy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 12:12 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
Not to me. It's a useful alternative when something else falls thru and I would like that information now. It's not the primary source but when a DVD fails, other things like youtube are insisting that I must sign in, Amazon Prime tends to come through immediately.

I have primarily for postage but this second use is nice.

Finally, some might say, "AH-HA! Tamara, you are finally streaming!"....but I am not. I still don't have the Internet quota to make streaming operationally possible. Sure, here or there, maybe, but not all the time. So I don't do it, I don't depend on it, I don't need it......as it said that it is more economical from other services. How can something be economical for me when I don't use it in the first place or at least, don't use it for that in the first place.

Old 02-15-2023, 12:28 PM

8,939 posts, read 2,961,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I subscribed to $9 Amazon Prime video to watch upcoming Live Patrol on Reelz.

I have a Netflix DVD subscription that ships DVDs slow, and I wanted to see if I could watch some of those movies on Amazon Prime video. Speed up the process.

I have 350 movies listed in my Netflix DVD queue. I checked all 350 on Amazon Prime video.

32 movies in my Netflix queue are available for free with no adds with Amazon Prime video. Less than 10% of my list.

28 movies are available with adds. Well, that is bull**** and still less than 10%.

Another 10% were free with some paid channel subscription. No thanks.

Another 15% of the DVDs on my Netflix list were "currently unavailable" on Amazon Prime video.

A full 55% of all of the movies on my Netflix list are only available for paid rental fee of $1.99 to $9.99. Most being $2.99 to $4.99. So average $4 for all the rentals I would watch.

10 movies, $40. 100 movies, $400. Rip off in this day and age.

So far I am finding the $9 Amazon Prime video to be a bad value. Live Patrol on Reelz will make it better, but this is still a bad value. I get it that is only $9/mo and what is that these days, but renting movies nightly at $4 to $5 a pop gets expensive quickly. Heaven forbid you rent 2 back to back.

And don't think for a minute the DVD titles on my Netflix queue are all blockbuster, top billing, super great 4-star films either. A lot of these movies are crap that I can't stand to finish and send them back half watched.

We will see how much I have to pay for Reelz and then how much they charge me to subscribe to Live Patrol. It will probably double my cost.

I have a feeling I may be canceling soon.

Meanwhile, the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is really well done. I am enjoying that on Amazon Prime video. The only saving grace in the meantime.
My entire collection is now in Amazon Prime, but then again I buy all my movies, and I only watch classics.

Old 02-19-2023, 05:26 PM

1,063 posts, read 905,556 times
for us....yes.
our local library
has all the videos
we need for free.

people constantly donate the current ones.
for example: Dune, Don't Look Up, etc.

we are allowed to check out 6 at a time.
that is a week's worth for us.

Old 02-26-2023, 10:36 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,986,069 times
The TV is not my family's primary reason for having Amazon Prime.

However I am finding enough to watch on Amazon and they change the listings often enough. They have a few Korean films, which I like and they offer a few European films which I like. I also access Freevee through Prime and they offer a lot of good things to watch as long as you can stomach the volume of the advertising. Freevee specializes in older films and TV which, in my opinion was much better than whatever is being made today.

The big problem is that many of the content producers have decided to do their own streaming and that leaves not much for anyone else. I like British TV, but the BBC woke up to the fact that they can stream their own shows and they don't share much of anything with anyone else. Want British shows? Then you must pay for BrittBox. I used to watch Korean mini dramas on one of the free services, and suddenly, all in the same day, they were all gone, and available on a Korean streaming service.

As for just plain old regular TV, we watch as much on the network channels as we watch on the cable channels. Those are free with a good antenna'

Old 03-25-2023, 11:45 PM

24,599 posts, read 9,440,677 times
I watched several episodes of “The boys”

I really want to like it and Amazon prime, but I can’t.

HBO Max is far superior. IMO.

Old 03-31-2023, 10:55 PM

980 posts, read 539,238 times
So far what I've like on Prime:
Jack Ryan
Carnival Row
Veep
West World

Old 04-01-2023, 07:28 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,615,441 times
Amazon Prime is amazing when you're not subscribed to anything. I just buy seasons of my favorite shows and can watch them over and over again. It's fabulous.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:08 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times
Honestly, Amazon itself is nearly worthless. I don't like that company and have had more than a few issues w/ them. Besides, all they do is resell other people's stuff! I mean, its not that big a deal to google something and buy from the original source. They have a crappy reputation as far as the way they treat their employees too. OSHA has fined them numerous times for poor workplace safety.

Old 11-03-2023, 05:16 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I just watched Chloe on Amazon today. One of the characters "Chloe" from 2009 she sure grew up fast. She played in the HBO shows Good Love as one of the daughters.
Big Love, not Good Love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts