Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2008, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,228 times

Advertisements

Hi,

No-one can answer this, I'm sure, but here goes:

I'd love to find out the name of a film or TV program I saw when I was a child, which I believe must have been between 1977 and 1982.

Set in England, Tudor or Civil War. Horror film, perhaps Hammer Horror style.

All I can remember is a scene where a brother and sister were kidnapped by a gang of people who could have been bandits or aristocracy. They were taken to a banquet hall where the girl was forced to dance on the table which was laid out with a huge meal, roast piglet etc. The boy was being treated badly, perhaps even murdered and the girl siezed a fork to attack the main evil-doer. She was shot with a pistol.

This is all I remember.

Kind regards, L.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 05:25 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beleif View Post
Hi,

No-one can answer this, I'm sure, but here goes:

I'd love to find out the name of a film or TV program I saw when I was a child, which I believe must have been between 1977 and 1982.

Set in England, Tudor or Civil War. Horror film, perhaps Hammer Horror style.

All I can remember is a scene where a brother and sister were kidnapped by a gang of people who could have been bandits or aristocracy. They were taken to a banquet hall where the girl was forced to dance on the table which was laid out with a huge meal, roast piglet etc. The boy was being treated badly, perhaps even murdered and the girl siezed a fork to attack the main evil-doer. She was shot with a pistol.

This is all I remember.

Kind regards, L.
Sounds like a Friday night at the local "boozer"

Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Try this:

Photos from Escape to Witch Mountain

Old 08-24-2010, 09:55 PM

74 posts, read 113,674 times
Might have been Waxworks or Waxworks II.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:34 AM

13 posts, read 50,587 times
One possibility : Cry of the Banshee, a 1970 horror film from AIP, trying hard to look like a Hammer film. It starred Vincent Price as an evil witch hunter. The film was set in the civil war era, and early in the film a young man and woman accused of witchcraft are forcibly taken to the castle or huge manor-hall of the Price character. IIRC (I saw the film again in 2008 or 2009) the YM was ordered to play his flute or pan pipes, while the YW was placed on a table and ordered to dance (and sing?) while the aristocrats, squires, and wealthy types looked on and mocked her. By the end of the film, Price really wishes he hadn't done that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts