Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:03 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,273,345 times

Advertisements

"Allegria" is coming to the arena in my city, and I want a first hand review before commiting to buying the tickets. This usually isn't my thing, but I am looking for something a little different to do, and was thinking about checking it out. Has anyone out there seen this show? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:14 AM

551 posts, read 855,676 times
I haven't seen Allegria, but I have seen them perform in Las Vegas.

Hands down, the best live show I have ever seen in my life.

Well worth the cost and time to go see them. Enjoy!!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
I havent seen Alegria, but most of their shows are good. Just dont even consider seeing the Chris Angel show in Vegas - HORRIBLE!!!

If you do go, be sure to get the "Tapis Rouge" (red carpet) tickets. Its the only way to see a Cirque du Soleil show. Great seating, free champaigne/mixed drinks, free appetizers and desserts and you'll get to meet many of the performers.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:10 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,588,814 times
Haven't seen this show but have seen several others and Cirque is amazing. Every one was well worth the ticket price. The one caveat is that it can be intense for real small kids so, personally, I prefer going only with adults. Fabulous evening out - enjoy!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:56 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
I've seen 2 or 3 Cirque shows in Vegas and they were all awesome! You won't regret purchasing a ticket and seeing them perform!

Old 07-16-2009, 06:01 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,785 times
Allegria is by far my favorite Cirque show. Go see it; you're in for a treat.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:09 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times
I have seen 2 Cirque de Soleil shows - one in Vegas called Mustere. Oh my gosh, until this day, I can't forget this show. It's excellent. The best show ever.

I have also seen Alegria in New York, and it was great too, but I didn't think it was as amazing as Vegas show. The word of mouth in general, is that the best Cirque de Soleil shows are located in Vegas, and the traveling ones are not as great, but if you have not seen Vegas shows, then you will blown away with the traveling ones.

I also heard that "O" is outstanding.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:17 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I have seen 2 Cirque de Soleil shows - one in Vegas called Mustere. Oh my gosh, until this day, I can't forget this show. It's excellent. The best show ever.

I have also seen Alegria in New York, and it was great too, but I didn't think it was as amazing as Vegas show. The word of mouth in general, is that the best Cirque de Soleil shows are located in Vegas, and the traveling ones are not as great, but if you have not seen Vegas shows, then you will blown away with the traveling ones.

I also heard that "O" is outstanding.
"O" is by far my favorite Cirque show. There was another that was traveling recently that is a close second but I cant remember the name. Great story about a clown dreaming about his own funeral. CORTEO!! That was the name of it. Great show.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:16 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,273,345 times
Thanks! i think I will check it out afterall.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:09 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,313,642 times
I've seen La Nouba, which is one of their permanent shows...at Walt Disney World.

And I've seen Varekai, which is one of their traveling shows. Saw that one in Charlotte.

Of the two, La Nouba was my favorite. It was my first exposure to Cirque du Soleil and it absolutely blew my mind. Amazing. Like...seriously, incredibly amazing.

Varekai was good as well but it lacked the scope of La Nouba, due probably to the fact that La Nouba is in a building and everything is permanent, whereas Varekai was in a tent and everything is scaled down. Also, when we went to see Varekai, we were seated behind a pole. It was bitterly disappointing because it really affected my view.

I would love to see more shows. They're just incredible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts