Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 07:01 PM

3 posts, read 8,223 times

Advertisements

hey Im in dyer need of a 3 bedroom house max rent amount 965.00 I have 4 kids and a dog, I also have section 8 if anyone has a rental and would consider taking section 8 please email me at [EMAILMod cutThanks Kisha

Last edited by Waterlily; 07-18-2008 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: no emails
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 PM

can any one tell me why people dont take section 8 any more you guarented your rent or they lose there section 8 and they have to keep the house just as nice as when they first moved in or you lose your section 8 and most the people on section 8 cant affored to lose it.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:42 PM

5,457 posts, read 8,173,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KishaSnyder View Post
can any one tell me why people dont take section 8 any more ......
Too many bad experiences. This doesn't mean that all Section 8 renters are bad, but enough are so the landlord does not want to take a chance.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:46 AM

36 posts, read 96,839 times
I live in Cali now but plan on moving to Eugene next year. I noticed on craigslist a lot of vacant listings don't accept section 8. I don't have it but I think its a great program that people take advantage of. They get in properties and completely ruin them so landlords basically stop accepting it. It sucks for those like you who probably know how to act and treat your houses. You just have to look around. GOOD LUCK!

Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 PM

6 posts, read 32,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda562 View Post
I live in Cali now but plan on moving to Eugene next year. I noticed on craigslist a lot of vacant listings don't accept section 8. I don't have it but I think its a great program that people take advantage of. They get in properties and completely ruin them so landlords basically stop accepting it. It sucks for those like you who probably know how to act and treat your houses. You just have to look around. GOOD LUCK!
Yes, exactly. While you can't just say all section 8 renters are bad. I think it's ok to say that there's been enough bad experiences to not allow section 8 renters. People just don't want their properties ruined, despite getting paid if it is.
I've seen places that do accept it. Look in the Register-Guard. You'll find some places.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:27 PM

acctualy that is a crock of **** that every one wants you to belive that they move into places and tear houses up, in all actuality if you tear a house up and dont pay for the damage before you move you lose your section 8, if you dont pay your rent you lose your section 8. Ive been on Section 8 for 9 years now and never met a single person on it that has ever not payed there rent on time nor torn a unit up. The real reason no one wants to take section 8 is the land owners have to abide by state law and regulations and incordances with the housing laws which means they have to take the legal actions to clean and repare things that are wrong with there units that they dont want to fix and they dont tell unexpecting renter that does not have the knowledge to look for these things things that can make our children sick most of the houses around hear are cover in paint chips that have lead in them, stuff like that. If I owned a house I would want to know the stuff thats wrong with my house to keep up on it so it doesnt turn in to a pile of crap. So the next time you walk around thinking that people on Section 8 tear there rentals up you need to get your facts right go down to the housing unit and ask them how many have actually torn there units up or not payed there rent not to many its just easier for every one to say we dont rent to section 8 because instead of telling the truth. In all actuality its discrimenation and they should man up and say they just dont wanna have to do all the extra paper work or most of our units dont meet the standards that section 8 has. [quote=KishaSnyder;4500233]

Old 08-01-2008, 09:55 PM

36 posts, read 96,839 times
WOW I don't think anyone meant to offend you. I live in Cali so I am going by what I know and from what I've seen and heard. I'm sure the landlords are being lazy and not wanting to keep up with state laws and regulations as well. Ive met quite a few people on section 8 out here and they are not living in the best of places because they also complained that no one would accept section 8. I don't "walk around thinking people on section 8 tear up rentals", but in actuality there are some people who do ruin places. And it only takes 1 tenant to mess up for a landlord to say they aren't accepting section 8.
I just its something you just have to deal with or let the section 8 go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area