Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 06:23 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
European women are more mature and self-confident. It's the self-assured way they behave.
Also...Less lard...Less obsession with status...Less religion = less prudish values.
I don't know about less religion. I have met some Catholic women who believe in their faith and they aren't prudish. Prude basically means shy around the opposite sex or afraid of sex. This isn't to say that the woman I met were out there doing it. They just weren't afraid or shy around other men. Oddly enough, I have met more Protestant women who are a bit more prudish. It depends on the persons.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 PM

512 posts, read 1,183,918 times
Living in Chicago I can say that young white women (especially richer ones) try to avoid junk food AMAP. In Europe there are fast food places also on every corner so this can't be the thing. Actually I haven't met a supersized person in Chicago since a looong time.. Times change, Americans get smarter, there are plenty of organic stores here (in fact only rich people can afford them) while there are much fewer of them in Europe. Girls from Europe are attractive for Americans because they are from Europe and often speak different accent/language what makes them "hot". Of course it's not true that all European women are pretty and there are also a lotta beautiful girls here.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:44 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
Living in Chicago I can say that young white women (especially richer ones) try to avoid junk food AMAP. In Europe there are fast food places also on every corner so this can't be the thing. Actually I haven't met a supersized person in Chicago since a looong time.. Times change, Americans get smarter, there are plenty of organic stores here (in fact only rich people can afford them) while there are much fewer of them in Europe. Girls from Europe are attractive for Americans because they are from Europe and often speak different accent/language what makes them "hot". Of course it's not true that all European women are pretty and there are also a lotta beautiful girls here.
The Polish women in Chicago are very interesting because they speak both language fluently, sometimes english with a slight accent. I know, I lived for many years in a Polish neighborhood (Belmont & Laramie). Even if I didn't hear them speak there was something that separated them from the ordinary women. European women tend to be more mature in their behavior.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Maybe this is catching on in Chicago. It isn't so much in the South. In Atlanta, it is commonplace to find young White women(even a few wealthy ones) who are overweight. Actually, you can find you women of any race in Atlanta who are overweight. Maybe it's the culture that's different.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,472 times
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some are sexy some AREN'T.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 PM

61,720 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Even an overweight woman can look sexy ( not everyone is for bones only, some men prefer curves but they do dress more appropriate.
No clothes that are 3 sizes to small, no bare spare tire exposed to view ( blouse/t-shirt will cover it entirely), no shorts, no jeans that shows crack or are so tight that legs looks like a pair of sausages, no blouses cut out so deep that public fear that something will fall out any moment, no flashy jewelry or cheap "gold" rings on every finger, etc. - in other words no girl will dress like "People from Walmart".
Also no wigs or 3 inch fingernails, however I noticed that this tacky trend is on its way, sadly.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:21 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Wasn't it Europe who started the 'big is beautiful' trend back in the 1600s? lol

Old 11-22-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Even an overweight woman can look sexy ( not everyone is for bones only, some men prefer curves but they do dress more appropriate.
No clothes that are 3 sizes to small, no bare spare tire exposed to view ( blouse/t-shirt will cover it entirely), no shorts, no jeans that shows crack or are so tight that legs looks like a pair of sausages, no blouses cut out so deep that public fear that something will fall out any moment, no flashy jewelry or cheap "gold" rings on every finger, etc. - in other words no girl will dress like "People from Walmart".
Also no wigs or 3 inch fingernails, however I noticed that this tacky trend is on its way, sadly.
That is true. I have seen some women who are a bit on the heavier side and they make it work for them, particularly some of the sorority women at my university. I see a certain confidence in them.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:37 PM

512 posts, read 1,183,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The Polish women in Chicago are very interesting because they speak both language fluently, sometimes english with a slight accent. I know, I lived for many years in a Polish neighborhood (Belmont & Laramie). Even if I didn't hear them speak there was something that separated them from the ordinary women. European women tend to be more mature in their behavior.
I live on Belmont & Laramie right now Plenty of Polish girls here, you can say right away which girl is Polish and which one is American. They just look different and dress different from Americans and most of them have Polish accent. There are many Ukrainian girls in this area too, often they speak so fluent Polish that it's hard to guess that they aren't Polish. Actually Polish is an universal language of all Slavic people in Chicago because Poles make up 7.3% of Chicago's population. My boss is Slovak and speak fluent Polish too.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:37 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I was kinda turned off by the amount of Euro chicks that smoked. Gack. Want to make a hot chick nasty? Stick a cig in her mouth.
That's true too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Funny you mention that pop and french fries are not supersized. I happen to like cuisine and other things from East Asia. There is a kind of pop I enjoy. It's from Japan and it's called Ramune(the kind in a glass bottle with a ball-bearing seal). I get the Shirakiku brand sometimes. That stuff comes in smaller bottles than Coca-Cola. Small bottles are standard with Ramune.
So true. You get a large coke in an American fastfood restaurant in Asia, and it looks like a small in the U.S.

Actually every study abroad student I've met seriously laugh about the fact that they visited america, ordered a coke at mcdonalds, and were practically given a 2-liter! Anyone who puts in that much extra sugar and chemicals into their body at every meal is going to have a lousy body. You combine with that with salt, grease, and all health-deteriotating qualities of a supersized large fries...and the lethal combination combined probably speaks volumes for the health-deteriorating obesity-producing diet of the U.S. as they sit driving down the road.

Quote:
Living in Chicago I can say that young white women (especially richer ones) try to avoid junk food AMAP. In Europe there are fast food places also on every corner so this can't be the thing.
You just said a key point, 'on the corner'. Implying they would have to WALK to get to their body-deteriorating foods. As opposed to the US where the majority of the nation goes through the drive-thru and lets all those body-deteriorating chemicals eat away and build up in the fat cells.

Also, I lived in Europe for a little over a year - Spain, Austria, and Hungary. You have SOME fastfood, but it isn't the norm. It exists, but I swear its just a place to feed the tourists. The theme I did noticed, especially in those three countries, you had very few few few of the food options that you get in the States. Grocery stores are much more spartan. Plus instead of rows and rows of chemical corporate cartooned boxed items like in the States, most of the aisles in europe are filled with large varieties of cheeses, breads, and meats...and if you want Tony the Tiger with that, you have to pay some import tax attached to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe