Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:09 AM

435 posts, read 1,521,960 times

Advertisements

Again, I'm not saying a white kid is better than black kids, but many studies have shown than by 2100, Europeans will be almost to the brink of extinction. I don't want to see any color disappear, but it seems we're on that road.

1) Why?

2) Would a no-white world be good/bad?

3) Will the trend ever reverse?

Old 08-10-2007, 11:49 AM

6 posts, read 36,608 times
Default Too lazy for kids

There are many reasons why Europeans are on the straight path to extinction:

1) Having kids is too expensive, time consuming, difficult, etc., you name it.
2) It takes major commitment to your spouse, family and children. People are so self centered that they are no longer willing to sacrifice anything.
3) Having kids is no longer perceived as a blessing rather a major hassle.
4) Birth control pill (who invented them?) and abortion.
5) Different priorities: career, money, leisure instead of: marriage, family, responsibility.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:37 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,430,527 times
Europeans dont have kids ? I must tell my sons that so ....

Old 08-10-2007, 12:56 PM

1,397 posts, read 4,850,474 times
I know that in Austria, for example, and many other European countries ( BUT NOT IN ALL OF THEM ) give couples up to 15,000 Euros when the kid is born. I found that people in those countries have higher standard of living and they want to travel etc., and they usually "leave" kids for later in their life. That's not the case in Serbia for example, although nowadays they give you like 1000 Euros for your first child.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:16 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,096,125 times
Is the Op referring to in Italy where the birth rate is very low?

Obviously Europeans are having kids! I knew a woman in England with 5 and still going!

Yes, in some countries you get a little help with your kids. In England it's child credit. The gov't gives you a little money per month (if you apply) to help defray child expenses.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 PM

435 posts, read 1,521,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Is the Op referring to in Italy where the birth rate is very low?

Obviously Europeans are having kids! I knew a woman in England with 5 and still going!

Yes, in some countries you get a little help with your kids. In England it's child credit. The gov't gives you a little money per month (if you apply) to help defray child expenses.
I know there's "kids" in Europe. But are they "European"? I realize Europe will always have people in it, but will there always be european people?

Old 08-10-2007, 02:30 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,093,879 times
Europeans don't have kids because the alien jihadists have sterilized them all with mind control hypnotic birth control from outer space.
The cure is to wear tin foil hats and doink away ! Just kidding, Maybe I've been listening to Dennis Kucinich a little too much !!!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 02:36 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,924,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briarwood View Post
Again, I'm not saying a white kid is better than black kids, but many studies have shown than by 2100, Europeans will be almost to the brink of extinction. I don't want to see any color disappear, but it seems we're on that road.

1) Why?

2) Would a no-white world be good/bad?

3) Will the trend ever reverse?
First of all, we have no possible way to predict ANYTHING at 2100. I have read that change and technological advances are exponentially speeding up so the world will be as different in 2100 as ours is with people from 1700.

To answer your question: I think it is reversible and I'd say it will reverse. Things come in cycles, first was overpopulation and now its underpopulation in the ist world nations. It will balance itself out kind've like a pendulum.

Why is this trend occuring? Women in careers, abortion, and decline of importance of family ideals.

Is a no-white world bad? Yes, very bad! How could you even ask such a question? Every people group deserves to be allowed to preserve themselves and their culture. BTW, the white race includes many hispanics, and even some middle-easterners as well as Euros and White Americans.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:24 PM

62 posts, read 254,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
First of all, we have no possible way to predict ANYTHING at 2100. I have read that change and technological advances are exponentially speeding up so the world will be as different in 2100 as ours is with people from 1700.

To answer your question: I think it is reversible and I'd say it will reverse. Things come in cycles, first was overpopulation and now its underpopulation in the ist world nations. It will balance itself out kind've like a pendulum.

Why is this trend occuring? Women in careers, abortion, and decline of importance of family ideals.

Is a no-white world bad? Yes, very bad! How could you even ask such a question? Every people group deserves to be allowed to preserve themselves and their culture. BTW, the white race includes many hispanics, and even some middle-easterners as well as Euros and White Americans.
Excellent post! Especially the last paragraph; people wouldn't dare ask that if it was about another race. It should be a given that whites have as much right to preservation as any other. That right should be obvious.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:03 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,924,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHometoCallMyOwn View Post
Excellent post! Especially the last paragraph; people wouldn't dare ask that if it was about another race. It should be a given that whites have as much right to preservation as any other. That right should be obvious.
Yes the fact that this question was even asked shows the double standard. No race is superior to the others globally but they all have the right to be the majority in their homelands. I also find it interesting that the whole multiculturalism obsession is only found in western "white" nations. Seems a little strange to me.

For the record, I am not worried about the survival of white culture at all. Non-white immigration patterns in the US and Europe indicate that whites will be a minority sometime this century but that relies on current rate of immigration extended for years and years. The only thing that stays the same is change and that includes immigration rates. The birth rates of hispanic countries is starting to fall so this will lead to better quality of life in their countries (reducing the need to immigrate to US) and smaller hispanic families in the US.

Now Europe is having a ton of trouble integrating its current amount of 38 million muslims so how could it possibly handle many more. The people are smartening up though. Let's face it, the US is based on a long history of immigration and mixing together-Europe may be trying now but will fail at it in the long run.

By the way, everyone talks about European countries losing population but look at Asia. Japan has one of the lowest birthrates in the world as does South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Of course, Russia and much of eastern Europe have it pretty bad too though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe