Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are European women just not as big on race when it comes to dating?
No, they care way less about race, it really means nothing to them 21 17.50%
They care but not the extent that American women do 42 35.00%
They care just as much as American women 25 20.83%
They care about it even more 32 26.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 AM

692 posts, read 1,355,446 times

Advertisements

There are big differences across Europe so you can't just generalise. Southern Europe is often more staunchly religous in areas such as Italy, Greece, parts of the Balkans and Turkey (if you include it in Europe).

As well as difference relating to Northern and Southern Europe, opinion may also be differented according to Eastern and Western Europe. I personally have found some parts of Eastern Europe suffer far higher levels of racism than the West. Europe as a continent stretches right across the East and includes places such as Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria etc as well as the Old Soviet satellite states. A good deal of Russia is also part of the European Continent including it's capital Moscow.

There also may be differences according to urban population as opposed to rural - people in urban areas tend to be far more used to ethnic diversity than people from some rural enclave in Romania.

In my opinion it would be impossble to generalise about the whole of Europe, there are so many differences in a continent of over 800 million people.

Last edited by Mulhall; 03-26-2012 at 06:04 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 06:45 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,662,572 times
lmao there should be a woman section of CD where you guys can ask them all these questions instead of a bunch of guys

Old 03-26-2012, 09:28 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
This is interesting and good to hear. I generally only hear about Russians being racist on the news/in articles.

Also once upon a time, for historical reasons, asian-white relationships were overwhelmingly AM/WF.
I guess its just history coming full circle then

I guess the Mongol invasions in centuries past really installed a pathological fear in Westerners that's still being felt in the present day...

Old 05-20-2012, 05:55 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitchisback View Post
What's so special about white women that they would feel this is an issue that white women aren't into them?? They aren't any better or worse looking than any other ethnicity of women imo. If they don't like your friends there's plenty of other attractive women to go around.

They're trophies.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:05 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I'm not saying that the UK is utopia, bu I think we do a pretty good job of welcoming and assimilating immigrants.
How so? Theyre always stabbing Brits, rioting, and enslaving white girls for prostitution.

You have a very odd sense of how a civilization is supposed to work.

Welcoming people who hate you with open arms is suicide, not "welcoming".

Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 AM

355 posts, read 1,190,239 times

-------

Totally right.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:40 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
How so? Theyre always stabbing Brits, rioting, and enslaving white girls for prostitution.

You have a very odd sense of how a civilization is supposed to work.

For someone who lives in Virginia, it is gratifying to see that you know more about the UK than the Brits do.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:46 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
For someone who lives in Virginia, it is gratifying to see that you know more about the UK than the Brits do.
Don't worry. That description of Britain baffled me too. The Daily Mail must have a Virginia publication.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:38 PM

355 posts, read 1,190,239 times
Scots are also dangerous after the victory of Chealsea.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:41 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighters22 View Post
for this topic, I am talking mainly about White women since they are constitute the majority in both countries

I have heard over the web a lot and just a few weeks ago I heard a personal experience in real life. I know two guys (former classmates), one who is Korean and another who is Indian (harold and kumar anyone? lol). Both are over 6 ft tall, fit bodies, college graduates, and have a decent salary too. When they were in Virginia (Northern VA), they complained of two things:

1. Most women who were White did not really look at them as dating material, they preferred White men and then Black or Latino men.
2. Most women who were White and did look at them as dating material were not desirable in other ways (already had kids, overweight and didn't really take care of themselves, not that good looking (lets be honest, looks matter, and these two guys are keeping themselves fit they at least deserve an average looking girl)).

Regardless my two former classmates dated quality Black, Asian, and in some cases Latina women (though they said the Whiter looking ones tended to avoid them).

Now recently two of my classmates are in Europe. One is in Sweden (Indian one) and the other is in France (Korean one). I keep up with them on facebook and both are in a relationship with quality women who happen to be White, something they themselves said could never really happen in America.

Not only that but I also notice it talking to women, many make their preferences known. A lot make it known that they will not date an Asian at all. Yet in Europe it seems that this is not the case.

Travelers, can you aware me?
This is so sad! Some Korean guys are SO. GOOD. LOOKING!! Indian guys, too! Maybe it's an Eastern (US) thing? or southern? (VA is south of the Mason-Dixon line.) Too bad I missed 'em.

European women tend to be more into exotic men, imo. But it depends on how you define "European". Eastern Europe: pretty much--fuggedaboudit. Speaking in broad generalizations, allowing for exceptions, of course.

Sorry your friends didn't have too good a time in the US. I've never heard of women saying they wouldn't consider dating an Asian, but I haven't asked. I see a fair number of Tibetans with American White women, though. Maybe Tibetans are trendy, while Koreans, Japanese and Chinese aren't. :-/
Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe