Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 PM

101 posts, read 321,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
But the germans are far more teutonic looking in average, even in munich you see many natural blonde people, robust and very tall people. The brits on the Other hand seem to have much more atlantic/mediterranean blood thats why they are usually darker.

Not true at all. The "Aryan Germans" were just a fantasy. They were so scarce, that "aryan looking" children were selected in schools and targeted for propaganda films. I knew this lady that figured as the "most aryan looking person in the class"...and she was Jewish. There are large areas in Germany that have very scarce Scandinavian influence, so they look just like any western European. If you take a look at the Nazi Leadership, they all looked weird, almost oriental, some with strange features, and the only one that was "Aryan" (Heydrich) was a Jew.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:02 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,804,442 times
Most: ???
Least: Finland...

Old 06-03-2013, 05:57 PM

221 posts, read 379,869 times
I find it interesting reading all the detailed information certain people have learned about categorizing physical appearances of people with fair skin. It is like delving into the mind of a schizophrenic or something like that. I would LOVE to see what you all look like! Somehow I think I might be disappointed...not a Brad Pitt or David Beckham among you all, huh?

Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
But the germans are far more teutonic looking in average, even in munich you see many natural blonde people, robust and very tall people. The brits on the Other hand seem to have much more atlantic/mediterranean blood thats why they are usually darker.
The tallest person ever recorded in our era was an American of British ancestry, Wadlow. So what would that be? According a German anthropologist(von Eickstedt, it's the English who have more Nordid blood than the Germans) who are much Alpine. Dark hair is not always connected to Mediterraneanids. Remember the Huns conquered parts of Europe, before being stopped in France. The British Isles were free from such non-Caucasoid invasions in the Middle-Ages. Types such Brunn, Borreby have some degree of dark hair, don't they?

Old 06-04-2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerpotFlowers View Post
I find it interesting reading all the detailed information certain people have learned about categorizing physical appearances of people with fair skin. It is like delving into the mind of a schizophrenic or something like that. I would LOVE to see what you all look like! Somehow I think I might be disappointed...not a Brad Pitt or David Beckham among you all, huh?

You only have to look at Nazi leadership. They were weird not by the fact that they were totally opposite to their theories, but by the fact that they look primeval, like people taken from a mesolithic cave.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 AM

985 posts, read 1,854,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naboconsudor View Post
You only have to look at Nazi leadership. They were weird not by the fact that they were totally opposite to their theories, but by the fact that they look primeval, like people taken from a mesolithic cave.
Quite a manolonesque statement. I see nothing weird in the looks of the leading nazi members apart from the fact that they weren't blonde and blue-eyed as already mentioned and that most pictures are black and white which make them look older than they were.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:57 AM

Default Primeval appearance

Quote:

I looked up nazi leadership on wikipedia. I don't know why they thought they were so superior. Were they supposed to be considered the best models of humanity? Many of them are not attractive at all. They have a tendency to have really huge craniums. Some resemble people afflicted with progeria which causes premature aging. I didn't go through them all, but the only fairly goodlooking one I saw was called Werner Best....but even he only looked decent in that picture where he looks kind of darker. In another shot, he also looks not so appealing.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
Quite a manolonesque statement. I see nothing weird in the looks of the leading nazi members apart from the fact that they weren't blonde and blue-eyed as already mentioned and that most pictures are black and white which make them look older than they were.

No? Look at Goebbels!!! He had a very strange appearance, some said he had Moluccan blood. Himmler, he was like some sort of shrew, no eyes, totally strange. Goebbels, a junky..etc, etc.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:58 PM

Default more Nazi appraisal

Oskar Dirlewanger looked like a chihuahua, Irmfried Eberl would have looked good with bigger lips/mouth, Franz Hayler has a bit of the 'old' look with the thin hair but has symmetrical features/possibly good genes, Hitler didn't look that bad despite being overly pale/lacking muscle tone (doughy frame)...

I think I am a fairly good judge of these things though beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:15 PM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times
Quote:
Not true at all. The "Aryan Germans" were just a fantasy. They were so scarce, that "aryan looking" children were selected in schools and targeted for propaganda films. I knew this lady that figured as the "most aryan looking person in the class"...and she was Jewish. There are large areas in Germany that have very scarce Scandinavian influence, so they look just like any western European. If you take a look at the Nazi Leadership, they all looked weird, almost oriental, some with strange features, and the only one that was "Aryan" (Heydrich) was a Jew.
It makes nosense, just look at the german football players and fans of the last champions league final, bayern munich vs borussia dormund most were blond or at least "blondish". Blonde people is very common in germany, even blonde men are quite common. Its clear you've never been to germany yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.