Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2015, 06:09 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Actually he does. Many, if not most Americans I've seen,at least in the Northeast, are a mishmash of different Europeans. They look so mixed it's hard to tell which origin they are from. When I'm in Europe, NOBODY can ever figure out I'm from the U.S. In the UK, everyone thinks I'm from somewhere between Italy and Portugal. In Spain, all the Spaniards thought I was Spanish too. I'm only German and Spanish, and the Spanish is 3/4. Most Americans give you a math equation of 5+ different nationalities. Finding Americans with 1 or 2 backgrounds is uncommon unless they are from rural areas probably.
Rubbish! You and Miserere are talking nonsense!
Most Whites/ European Americans are of European ancestry with moderate to zero non-European admixture. Some might claim some Native American ancestry to show sympathy towards Native American/Amerindian/indigenous American, but actually do not even possess any of the Native Americans genes. White Americans are usually the mixture of various European countries. In my case, my ancestry comes from England (paternal), the Netherlands and distantly Belgium ( maternal). The English is 8/16, the Dutch is 7/16, Flemish 1/16. I am 6 feet 5 inches tall, my hair color is light auburn and my eyes are greenish-blue in color. So I easily fit with northwestern European populations from the very region from where my ancestors came from. However there are many White Americans who have more backgrounds than I do. You have German and Spanish ancestries, right? The reason why people think that you are from Spain or Italy and perhaps maybe Portugal, is because you look Mediterranean (Southern European). Or your Mediterranean side is more dominant in your phenotype.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau statiticians, approximately 86% of European Americans today are of northwestern and Central European ancestry, 14% of southern, eastern European, White Hispanic/Latino ancestry. Most the U.S. president had some British ancestry, only 5 of the U.S. presidents actually have had brown eyes, the rest had light eyes.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole737 View Post
It is funny that people/men prefer blue eyes and black hair, when all of the world's favored beauties had dark brown eyes (chocolate being everyone's favorite flavor, for the most part):

Bridget Bardot has dark brown eyes...so did/does Sophia Loren, Gina Lollabrigida, Natalie Wood, Claudia Cardinale, Audrey Hepburn, Raquel Welch.

So I don't get it. Of course, the above mentioned 'crowd' were extremely sexy and good looking...in spite of not having blue eyes.
True, the majority of people think that women with dark brown and black hair combined with blue or green eyes, and a fair skin to be the most beautiful. I believed this preferenced was enhanced by Hollywood in the 20th century. The truth is that, the vast majority of people in the world with dark brown and black hair have brown eyes, so maybe because it is relatively uncommon occurance, it is regarded as very beautiful.

Elizabeth Taylor

Katy Perry

This random woman

Old 06-16-2015, 10:11 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
Katy Perry dyes her hair. She is a natural blonde. Just saying.

Old 06-17-2015, 12:47 AM

62 posts, read 87,952 times
Yep, a lot of famous people dye their hair in blond or in true black (which is naturally rare for pale-skinned people)...

Brown hair is the most common hair colour among american folks, but maybe the least among american stars

Old 06-17-2015, 02:04 AM

56 posts, read 75,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfk35 View Post
Brown hair is the most common hair colour among american folks, but maybe the least among american stars
Too bad, I really like brown hair. Or maybe too good, if I travel to America

Old 06-18-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Katy Perry dyes her hair. She is a natural blonde. Just saying.
That is absolutely true, but she looks hot with dark hair.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessel View Post
Black hair and brown eyes are not a rarity in Europe, even in north Europe they aren't that rare, so they aren't like something exotic over here.

I think most people in Europe don't care that much about the hair or eye color as how these colors fit together, there are all kind of color combinations that can make a very nice face or a very ugly one, it doesn't depend on the color itself but more on the form of the face and how the color fits in it. And I think most Europeans see it like that too.

BTW, I do not prefer blue eyes and black hair, I prefer brown eyes in any hair color, but I have a weakness for pale skin, that's my personal preference, which doesn't necessarilly matches the likes of other Europeans.
Truly black hair and brown eyes combination is found in Europe, but is not common amongst Northern Europeans and is to an extent rare. However black hair and brown eyes combos are quite common in Southern Europe and definitely not rare. Most Southern Europeans though, still show more of the dark brown than actually black tones.
For example, according to Forensic Science International and C. Martinez et al. : Genetics (2013)

Studies on the eye color of Spaniards , where they sectioned the eye colors into 3 principal eye color groups, blue/gray, intermediate (from light green to hazel to eye colors with some green tints), and then brown eyes. The Spanish population was found to be by far predominantly brown-eyed (75.47%) and about 11.32% have the blue/gray-eyes, the rest were inermediate in eye color.

Thus the average Spanish male and female has dark hair and dark eyes.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:37 AM

1,946 posts, read 2,563,388 times
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...208_foxes.html

Color strength / UV
Red hair / Neanderthal
Straight hair / Moisture zone
Afro / Arid zone
Blond,Silver hair / albino

Last edited by japanese001; 06-19-2015 at 02:24 AM..

Old 06-19-2015, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanese001 View Post
Photo in the News: Baby Foxes Going to the Dogs

Color strength / UV
Red hair / Neanderthal
Straight hair / Moisture zone
Afro / Arid zone
Blond,Silver hair / albino
Albinism is not limited to any race or people. It is a disorder.

Old 06-21-2015, 03:02 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus10 View Post
Sonia Braga, she's the most famous actress and she's not white.
Really? Because although she has some mulatto and mestizo ancestry, she sure looks mostly European to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe