Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 08:39 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,435,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurrdim View Post
I'm 1m89, my bro is 1m95, we are both light-haired. My sister could pass for a scandinavian, as my dad (they're very blondes). As I told you and showed you, your average French is a stéréotype, we are all diverses.

My dad, completely french.

That's a very minority of French who protest. A majority of French doesn't support it and work hard without complaining. The problem is that this minority knows how to destabilize everything (with the syndicats and politics), while others are very angry about all that.
I would like to make things clear. I never said that there are no blondes in France, OK? Julie Delpy, the French actress was a cute blonde (in her younger days). I said the average French person is not blonde and blue-eyed like your dad or sister, rather brown-haired, brown-eyed. Your dad is just blonde by the way, not very blonde.
Oliver Kahn in his early days was what is called very blond. The beard color appears darker. The American work ethics are totally different from French ones, there is nothing wrong with it either. We just happen to be much more industrious. This is why America is where it's at. Don't confuse average with individuals.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurrdim View Post
Mh, which kind of behavior ? Because if you say that we are expressive... I'm not at all.
Every group has a particular behavior. The Dutch have theirs, the French have theirs, Poles, Americans, that's just the way things are. There isn't anything wrong with that! I can recognize the French by their behavior, mannerisms, etc...

Old 02-29-2016, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Don't listen to Saxonwold, he 'thinks' he is some kind of expert but actually speaks a lot of nonsense, he thinks all French, English, Spanish, German etc etc all somehow look different and that he could tell them all apart, absolute bollox, he even once had the cheek to claim he was somehow more English than me just because I have dark hair and he is ginger! I think he lives in a small town somewhere in the mid west of the US, I doubt if he has ever left it. You look perfectly French to me! :-)
He shouldn't listen to you, who didn't even know where the British Isles were geographically located, let alone France! I have never claimed that I was more British than you were! You have such a brilliant mind! Keep the ignorance up! If I could tell people apart, that's my gift, not everyone could. Can you even tell your girlfriend from other women? Probably not, because to you everyone looks the same, right?

Old 02-29-2016, 04:48 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I would like to make things clear. I never said that there are no blondes in France, OK? Julie Delpy, the French actress was a cute blonde (in her younger days). I said the average French person is not blonde and blue-eyed like your dad or sister, rather brown-haired, brown-eyed. Your dad is just blonde by the way, not very blonde.
Oliver Kahn in his early days was what is called very blond. The beard color appears darker. The American work ethics are totally different from French ones, there is nothing wrong with it either. We just happen to be much more industrious. This is why America is where it's at. Don't confuse average with individuals.

you have some big problems. someone said it already (forgotten username ? I'm sorry if it wasn't you, I thought someone said something like that), you keep on telling how great your America is and at the same time teling other countries "not to feel inferior", everything germarnics is so great, the rest "isn't inferior, oh no, but it's just not as great as your America", you like to hear yourself talking, you think you're so great, so knowledgeable, you live on the most beautiful, most powerful, most diverse country in the whole universe, and you're so perfect saxonwold, that you even feel the need to comfort us, poor others, simple mortals, we are so truly honoured by your presence, didn't you know? you're going to say what next? that I suffer from an "inferiority complex"? You're going to tell me that I am a drama queen? In fact now, I just think you've become a caricature of yourself, and that's truly sad, I hope you're different IRL.

Quote:
Every group has a particular behavior. The Dutch have theirs, the French have theirs, Poles, Americans, that's just the way things are. There isn't anything wrong with that! I can recognize the French by their behavior, mannerisms, etc...
You're doing it again, assuming things, like you know exactly what you're talking about all time, I don't think you're a behaviorist, are you? If not, I don't think you have the right to say that. Groups are composed of individuals, it's you who said not to confuse average with individuals right? so don't do the same. I don't know if it's seen as attractive the way you act here, but it sure isn't there. Oh well, you American, you must know what's cool and what isn't, after all...

I'm done here, good luck everyone else.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
you have some big problems. someone said it already (forgotten username ? I'm sorry if it wasn't you, I thought someone said something like that), you keep on telling how great your America is and at the same time teling other countries "not to feel inferior", everything germarnics is so great, the rest "isn't inferior, oh no, but it's just not as great as your America", you like to hear yourself talking, you think you're so great, so knowledgeable, you live on the most beautiful, most powerful, most diverse country in the whole universe, and you're so perfect saxonwold, that you even feel the need to comfort us, poor others, simple mortals, we are so truly honoured by your presence, didn't you know? you're going to say what next? that I suffer from an "inferiority complex"? You're going to tell me that I am a drama queen? In fact now, I just think you've become a caricature of yourself, and that's truly sad, I hope you're different IRL.

You're doing it again, assuming things, like you know exactly what you're talking about all time, I don't think you're a behaviorist, are you? If not, I don't think you have the right to say that. Groups are composed of individuals, it's you who said not to confuse average with individuals right? so don't do the same. I don't know if it's seen as attractive the way you act here, but it sure isn't there. Oh well, you American, you must know what's cool and what isn't, after all...

I'm done here, good luck everyone else.
Well my apologies to you. If you felt offended, however recognize that this is just a debate. I am just expressing my opinion concerning the thread's topic.,Stop taking it personally and being emotional about it. There is no need for it.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordPressed View Post
Since I did a thread about how much Latin Americans love Blonde people with blue eyes, I want to know about how Europeans view people with black hair and brown eyes, do they find them exotic or what?
The truth is black hair or brown eyes are not a problem as long as you are White or of European descent. Those who get more rejection are those who have a black skin color or those who have non-European racial traits.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Well, my father and brother have black hair and brown eyes so it's not that exotic to me. It is quite uncommon for ethnically Dutch people to have black hair though. My father and brother are sometimes mistaken as foreigners and my brother often gets compliments for his hair, especially when he was little. Anyone who says it's "totally normal" for Northern Europeans to have black hair is lying. I'd say the number of ethnically Dutch people who have black hair is around 5-10% at most. By far most people have either blonde or (dark) brown hair.

Brown hair is not black hair Brown hair is quite common indeed. In fact, it's probably more common in most European countries than blonde hair.
That's true, quite a few Dutch people are fair-haired. To the point that many people think that black-haired Dutch people were usually due to a mixed ancestry, but there are unmixed Dutch people (Whites) with natural black hair. However, the percentage is actually much lower than the figure you have up there, around 2.4%. By this, I mean truly black hair and not the various tones of very dark brown which are more common. Thus, all in all, I'd say black hair among the Dutch people is rare and of no importance. Additionally, none in my maternal family which of Dutch ancestry (principally from the Gelderland province) have actual black hair, that I am aware of. In this, I don't mean that all Dutch people are blonde either, because I know many people will run with this and say things I never claimed. Though today in the Netherlands lives many people of immigrant descent from other European countries and non-Whites.
The "stereotypical" Dutch person is blond like this Dutch athlete, Koen Verweij.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:26 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,631 times
Quote:
Well my apologies to you. If you felt offended, however recognize that this is just a debate. I am just expressing my opinion concerning the thread's topic.,Stop taking it personally and being emotional about it. There is no need for it.
have fun talking with yourself.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:14 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,535,208 times
Quote:
In the U.S.? It really depends on ancestry. For those who are White and predominantly of Northern, Central and Eastern European ancestry (e.g. British, German, Polish, Russian), the most common hair color is medium to light brown shades for adults. The same has been said for Canadians and Australians of similar ancestries.
Majority of white Americans are brown and dark brown haired.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:32 AM

184 posts, read 221,972 times
White Americans look exactly the same as us, Western Europeans. Everything you show like pics of a blonde athlete is common for all Western Europe. Obviously there are "little" variations in features between southern Spain and Sweden for exemple. But as I said, we're all really mixed and you can't recognize our country of origin (generally). I live at 3 hours of the Netherlands, and when I'm there, I really don't see different features or a nordic type, if I compare with France. A big majority of western Europeans, even in Scandinavia, have brown or hazel eyes and are brunettes. That's surely not in your maps Saxonwold, but it's like that. I think you idealize a "nordic concept".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe