Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 06:39 PM

22 posts, read 33,477 times

Advertisements

Hello, I posted traveling with children in Italy in the travel forum but maybe this one is better. Its always been a dream to go to Italy. Tuscany-Florence, Rome or Pisa, I have a child he'll be 11 when we do go. Has any women traveled to Italy with children? Does anyone have any ideas on child-friendly tours or places to stay (our holiday is for two weeks). Or if you have any sites or books that can take me to the info I need/should know about traveling alone with child (well your not really alone when you have a child but you get it) Any way Im just collecting knowledge right now for the upcoming events. Thanks for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 03:41 PM

3 posts, read 3,319 times
I took my son to Rome when he was 15; a bit older than your son but then I'd also taken him to other countries when he was younger.

We had a blast.

don't worry about travelling just the two of you, we never had any problems, and it was great to spend a holiday together.

All I would say is build in some kid stuff - while he has always enjoyed museums etc, it also helped keep him happy and relaxed to go and do some cheesy kid stuff too. I think we went here: Time Elevator Rome 3-D Movie and Simulated Ride, Rome Attraction Tickets | Viator.com. the colosseum was a big hit too, along with plenty of gelato.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe