Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 08:12 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,264,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
but Britains somehow looking 'different' physically to French in a way that is IMPOSSIBLE for a French person to look - I am sorry I'm not having that nonsense.
It is just that for some weirds reasons, you have a problem with the fact that British are not like french. That's weird, since I don't understand why would you want at all price that all british people would look like their southern neighbours?.
Germany/austria are lighter than Italy, which is lighter than Tunisia, which is lighter than Tchad, etc...

France is just not a northern European country (something you really seem to have difficulties to understand it seems), why would the french population would have those tipically northern European elements within it? Why would you want that french people have those northern looks that exist (among others) in northern Europe (britain included) but not in the further south you go... The further south you go in Europe, darker people are... that is just the way it is. Deal with it.

Last edited by french user; 06-17-2013 at 08:42 AM..

Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy666 View Post
A French, or even many Spanish, can look English is they avoid sunlight during 20 years, drink vast amounts of beer and avoid wine, and dress at the same shops. No, it has to do with social class. English are divided by rotund social classes, almost a caste system. Ok, we also have chavs, scumbags, etc.
The English are Northern Europeans. There is no question about it. You just said that for a French or even a Spanish to look like a British person, they have to avoid the sun for 20 years, that means the English are quite fair-skinned.

This is a 'Scandinavian-looking' Englishman, he doesn't look typically German/Dutch more Scandinavian.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
- I am telling you that there is NO British look that can't fit in somewhere else in the world!!
You really think that Prince Harry would perfectly fits in Greece, Togo, India or Japan??
In Europe he might fit well in other Germanic countries, but not in the countries further south.

Your country might have, due to immigrations, various darkers types than the typically native British looks, that doesn't mean reversely, that those typically nordic looking British would fit everywhere outside of northern Europe... It is the darker British that could, not the most nordic ones! As long as the nordic looking population of britain would be alive, there would be many British individuals that can not pass for be anything other than northern European.

Quote:
Frenchuser ridiculously claims that there is a British look that is impossible to find in France which is rubbish
I'm still waiting for your proofs that it is "rubbish" as you nicely say.

Quote:
you claim that Britain's are all some sort of Anglo Saxon pure breed, which is Rubbish, Britain's like all other Europeans are mixed,
All countries are mixed, but not in the same way, not always the same ingredients and in the same proportions. This is what there are typical "looks" of a population. Can't you understand this elementary though??

Quote:
the most common 'but by NO MEANS only' look is for 'dark hair', Britain's are not all ginger haired freckled people!!
Nobody said that most British were ginger. The simple fact that British isles is the place on earth were there are porportionally the more ginger haired people is enough to make it typical from the British isles. This is the meaning of "typical". Once again, you don't need to be majoritary to be typical.

"Country music" is from the USA, and not anywhere on earth, this doesn't mean that American are majoritary cow-boys listening country music... which is far to be the case.

Quote:
Britain's do not, and have never, been banned from mixing with and mating with people from all over the globe
They have not been obliged to mix either... There is no law that oblige a nordic-looking person to mix with darker featured person, is it? i guess if your were prime minister it would be what you do to erase the nordic looking British that seem to bother you so much.

The nordic looking "Britains" have never been obliged either to emigrate in other European countries further south than them and spreading their "nordic genes". It is not because you bring non-native populations in Britain, that suddenly all Europe has British looks... The exemple of the "french" words that English borrowed into its anlgo-saxon language: this is not because it borrowed french words, that suddenly English become like french language and that french suddenly has Anglo-saxon elements in it... the same way, it is not because yourself and your family is mixed with populations of Spanish or African origins (if I understood it well), that suddenly reciproquely Spanish and African peoples become indistinguishable from british, with northern European looking people within their populations... Is that so hard to understand??

Quote:
Yes 'black' Britain's are (in the main) a relatively speaking recent population but Britain's have been a mix of Caucasian people from across the continent for thousands of years - the result is that modern Britain is a mix of ALL COLOURS, SIZES, RACES and appearance - and if I'm not mistaken its the same across Europe.
Once again every country in the world is mixed, but not in the same proportions, this is what makes the differences. Even with the same ingredients, we can make completely different coktails...

Why would France, which is situated in contact with the mediterranean, italy, Spain, central Europe, etc. should have the same human coctail as britain, which is situated along the north sea...
Britain is in northern Europe, the most migration it received during its history were mainly from its neighbours on the ohter side of the north sea: Angles, Saxons, Norse, Vikings, Belgaes, etc. in comparision to migrations from southern Europe which are a relatively new phenomenon.

Quote:
I am not suggesting that Britain's look like Algerians, French, Germans or Italians
Really!!?? so that is a good news we should agree finally. That is what I said, British (or "Britains" as you say), do not look like french people. We agree. final stop!

Last edited by french user; 06-17-2013 at 09:22 AM..

Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
It is just that for some weirds reasons, you have a problem with the fact that British are not like french. That's weird, since I don't understand why would you want at all price that all british people would look like their southern neighbours?.
Germany/austria are lighter than Italy, which is lighter than Tunisia, which is lighter than Tchad, etc...

France is just not a northern European country (something you really seem to have difficulties to understand it seems), why would the french population would have those tipically northern European elements within it? Why would you want that french people have those northern looks that exist (among others) in northern Europe (britain included) but not in the further south you go... The further south you go in Europe, darker people are... that is just the way it is. Deal with it.
Do you mean to say that this 'British look' that Britains have is blond hair and are you actually suggesting that NOBODY in France is blond, or fair skinned!!!!!!!! looooooool that is so funny!!!

You know of course that is the most ridiculous thing posted on this whole site!

And if you are not suggesting that its 'blond hair or fair skin' then I ASK AGAIN what is this mythical 'British look' that does not exist in France????????????

Old 06-17-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
The English are Northern Europeans. There is no question about it. You just said that for a French or even a Spanish to look like a British person, they have to avoid the sun for 20 years, that means the English are quite fair-skinned.

This is a 'Scandinavian-looking' Englishman, he doesn't look typically German/Dutch more Scandinavian.
WTF!!!! He is indeed a rather 'strange' looking gentleman! What percentage of Britains do you think actually have this type of look! looool. Perhaps we can ask some 'other' Britains on here if this sort of look is common in the UK? seeing as to you refuse to believe me (despite me actually living here!) :-)

Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Do you mean to say that this 'British look' that Britains have is blond hair and are you actually suggesting that NOBODY in France is blond, or fair skinned!!!!!!!! looooooool that is so funny!!!
you seem to have no idea of what french people look like.

And no, Nobody in France is looking as fair, as nordic, as "northern European", whatever the words you'd like to use to describe the looks of the typically British people I posted... For the simply fact that you "believe" in your delusion idea that France is somewhere situated between UK and the Netherlands... it is not! The whole of France is further south the southermost point of the UK, why on earth should french people look like they were from the north sea area??

Last edited by Rozenn; 06-17-2013 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 06-17-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
And if you are not suggesting that its 'blond hair or fair skin' then I ASK AGAIN what is this mythical 'British look' that does not exist in France????????????
Yes, this is these levels of "northern features" as shown in the photos (will you finnally look at them, haven't some eyes?); that level of light hair, light eyes, light skin, etc. that you won't find in french population. it is not hard to understand, you just have to look at the pictures..

Once again why would you want those people could pass for being french?? Do you yourself have those features, and you are for some resons ashamed of?

Old 06-17-2013, 09:41 AM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times
Quote:
you seem to have no idea of what french people look like. As you have near zero knowledge about France in general...

And no, Nobody in France is looking as fair, as nordic, as "northern European", whatever the words you'd like to use to describe the looks of the typically British people I posted... For the simply fact (go buying yourself a map!) that you "believe" in your delusion idea that France is somewhere situated between UK and the Netherlands... it is not! The whole of France is further south the southermost point of the UK, why on earth should french people look like they were from the north sea area??

I have seen more than a few french who look way more nordic than the typical british people you seen on the streets. French who could easily pass either for typical scandinavians or Dutch.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Yes, this is these levels of "northern features" as shown in the photos (will you finnally look at them, haven't some eyes?); that level of light hair, light eyes, light skin, etc. that you won't find in french population. it is not hard to understand, you just have to look at the pictures..

Once again why would you want those people could pass for being french?? Do you yourself have those features, and you are for some resons ashamed of?
I have met many French people with light hair and fair skin, both in France and in the UK, the reason you have no idea about my appearance is simply because as you know in reality being British I could have any look you could imagine be it Danish, French, German, Italian or Moroccon - simples!

Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 AM

824 posts, read 3,603,753 times
Quote:

What level? britain isn't particularly that light, yes you find blonde types here and there, but they arent a really blond population as a whole, they are more on intermediate range, similar to french (only that the french has higher amount of mediterranean types and the brits of atlantid and brunn types)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.