Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM

599 posts, read 2,592,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Plenty of germanic areas have darker hair and not the stereotypically "pale" complexion. Only Scandinavia and maybe parts of northern Germany is the lightest complexion a majority. As for Spain, a large majority have dark hair (80-90% ?) while British are obviously lighter complexioned. On average, white British residents appear lighter than white Americans.
The dutch are also majority blonde, maybe not in amsterdam/rotterdam where half of population is foreign origin, but in the rest o the country its a very blonde nation, definitely blonder than Germany. Gemany, even the north (with the exception of lower saxony and east frysland) is not as blonde as the netherlands or scandinavia/finland, but can go pretty close. British isles is far more brunet than northern europe, even compared to germany brits are much darker. Germans are much more likely to have natural blonde hair as a adults, compared to brits who are more often dark brown (although with light eyes) or mousy/medium brown.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
We are nothing like the spanish at all!!

In behavior sometimes the british resemble the spanish, as for genetics, The brits, more so from western and southern regions tend to resemble sometimes the northern spanish and western french populations.

As for looks, someone like pierce brosnan look pseudo-southern european compared to the average northern european who is more nordic/germanic/baltic looking.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Its a lost cause trying to argue with that guy. He lives in South America and has never even been to Europe and I highly doubt is descended from Europeans himself. I am beginning to think he has a mental disability though as he doesn't really respond to posts coherently or logically.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:37 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
In behavior sometimes the british resemble the spanish, as for genetics, The brits, more so from western and southern regions tend to resemble sometimes the northern spanish and western french populations.

As for looks, someone like pierce brosnan look pseudo-southern european compared to the average northern european who is more nordic/germanic/baltic looking.
Hah. You have never even met a British person. More importantly, what British person would even WANT to talk to you. You are so damn annoying.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:32 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,261,618 times
Quote:
Sure! British and Spanish have obviously not much in common, whatever it is genetically, culturally of geographically. Maybe being in Europe... But even this is not sure.

I'm Sorry for the delusions of "Don Caballero"...

Old 03-28-2013, 04:53 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
The British, culturally are very different to Europeans, any of em!

Old 03-28-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Its a lost cause trying to argue with that guy. He lives in South America and has never even been to Europe and I highly doubt is descended from Europeans himself. I am beginning to think he has a mental disability though as he doesn't really respond to posts coherently or logically.
Why because I tell that so many brits are mediterranean looking then Im mentally disabled, you americans who always believe brits are blonde and nordic and stuff couldnt be further from the truth. A lot of brits/irish look like mediterranean peoples, I can name more than a few, sean connery, catherine zeta jones, rowan atkinson (mr bean), bono and the entire U2 band, the beatles members, oasis members, the corrs, cheryl cole, victoria beckham, colin farrel, etc.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Why because I tell that so many brits are mediterranean looking then Im mentally disabled, you americans who always believe brits are blonde and nordic and stuff couldnt be further from the truth. A lot of brits/irish look like mediterranean peoples, I can name more than a few, sean connery, catherine zeta jones, rowan atkinson (mr bean), bono and the entire U2 band, the beatles members, oasis members, the corrs, cheryl cole, victoria beckham, colin farrel, etc.
I don't think Americans do believe that. On average, they are rather light complexioned.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:03 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,646 times
Quote:
The Corrs are beautiful. Who wouldn't want to look like them? Andrea Corr has the most beautiful bone structure. Also Catherine Zeta Jones is gorgeous. Some nice looking people in that list, not to mention so talented.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:34 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
This argument seems to keep on going round and round, to be fair to Don Caballero there is something to what he says, there is a higher percentage of dark haired people in Britain compared to other North European countries though it doesn't necessarily mean that they look particularly Southern European (apart from those that do, I say this because the reality is Britains, like other Europeans are an exceptionally mixed bunch of people with regards to how they look)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe