Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,488,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
You consider necessary to pass my opinion, but didn't find more suitable subject, than a political situation in the country which you can't find on a map? I not against discussion, but not here and not now.

Generally I considered gays as more tolerant to opposite judgement, but in you I feel aggression
Of course I can find it on the map. I just never look for it.

So everybody who disagrees with you is now gay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 03:24 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,876,278 times
There are a lot of demonstrations, sit-ins, happenings, lipdubs etc against gay marriage right now in France.
Most of those who demonstrate are young people!
The pro-gay marriage govrnment is furious and arrests demonstrators systematically.
A weird example of a libertarian law having to be enforced by cops and having as a consequence opponents sent to jail.
I don't believe that coercing people into accepting gay marriage and adoption is a good method.
The LGBT LOBBY (very powergul in France) didn't manage to convince 58% of the French (latest poll) who oppose gay marriage and adoption so they dub tham "fascists" "nazi" "homophobes" and wish a bomb would explode among the opponents when they take to the street.
Any honest person even favoring gay marriage must acknowledge their methods are ugly nasty and indeed "fascist".

Old 04-25-2013, 05:38 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
And not a day too soon. Finally equality and common sense seem to be prevailing. Two people who love each other entitled to marry each other ?!?! How dare anyone demand equality of rights and the same respect and dignity afforded to Hetero couples.

It is rather sad that a country with "Liberty, Equality and Fraternity" as its motto would take so long to come to such an enlightened decision though. That to me is rather shameful as a French National.

The Homophobes must be mourning. Could not happen to a nice bunch of people....

Personally I think anything in our society which promotes long term commitment and stable relationships ( as marriage is supposed to) regardless of sexual orientation , has to be a good thing and I consider this a victory of logic and humanity over small mindedness and prejudice.

I do not see why my Love for my Husband entitles me to the proper full recognition of the State but my Gay friends would have to put up with less. Heterosexual relationships are not more "worthy" nor more "valid" than Heterosexual ones.

Good for France. Moving towards full equal rights is a triumph. Today I feel prouder to be French.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 AM

750 posts, read 908,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
So everybody who disagrees with you is now gay?
Yes

Quote:
Bank, credit department:
- I need a credit.
- On what purposes?
- I want to open gay-club.
- And who will come there?
- Gays different - those who in a window throws garbage, who burn down buttons in the elevator, football judges, GAI officers...
- Excuse, but we refuse to you in credit.
- Oh, and you can come.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:30 AM

@ Mooseketeer : how moving. Really, your lyricism would make a heart of stone gush out flows of (crocodile ) tears...and you are "proud of your country" not because of its long history and its cultural accomplishments but because it finally allows gay "marriage " and (more problematic) adoption in the wake of the land of kiwis...oh my my! isn't it grandiose (and grotesque and pathetic).
Did you know by the way that thousands of French Mayors have pledged civil disobedience already declared that they won't marry homosexual couples, risking paying heavy fines or even end up in jail.
What do you think of that ?

Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
@ Mooseketeer : how moving. Really, your lyricism would make a heart of stone gush out flows of (crocodile ) tears...and you are "proud of your country" not because of its long history and its cultural accomplishments but because it finally allows gay "marriage " and (more problematic) adoption in the wake of the land of kiwis...oh my my! isn't it grandiose (and grotesque and pathetic).
Did you know by the way that thousands of French Mayors have pledged civil disobedience already declared that they won't marry homosexual couples, risking paying heavy fines or even end up in jail.
What do you think of that ?

The fight is not over and I am certainly not naive enough to believe that everyone will suddenly realise their prejudices are ill founded and leave bigotry behind... But usually there are more than one step to winning a war and yes I do see this as a step forward. A big great positive one. And I do hope those Mayors will end up paying heavy fines and go to Jail. I would have to do likewise if I was to break the Law ( unless of course I was an ex-President de la Republique or Multi-Millionaire...). You break the law, you face consequences.

And yes I am proud of plenty of cultural , historical, social and political French accomplishments. But to have reached 2013 and still be treating Gay people with contempt and disregard for their rights to equality does indeed disgust me. I don't need anyone's crocodile tears or otherwise.

I was taught from a early age that the Law should apply equally to all. That we might all have our own prejudices and misconceptions about other people but that this should not be reflected in their legal status.

As long as something does not harm anyone else and is between two CONSENTING ADULTS then yes I do genuinely believe they are entitled to exactly the same legal rights as I am. If this makes me a naive, lyrical innocent abroad then so be it.

I must admit your post about Bestiality and the simile to Homosexuality is grotesque, offensive and quite frankly below your intelligence. Trying to compare someone marrying a Goat to two men marrying each other is beyond repugnant.

You and I never seem to see eye to eye on anything but I think you are better than this, I do not believe you to be quite that moronic nor that truly blind.

I find many things in our society distasteful and many things offend me a great deal. However as long as it does not harm me or anyone else and is between two fully consenting adults then I deem it to be none of my business and my problem not the other party. All of us have prejudices and our own petty "moral" convictions. But unless it is harmful then I respectfully bow out of wanting to disallow people their rights or to legislate against them.

Because I do not like something does not mean I have the right to interfere in someone else's private business.

Love is Love. Who someone fancies sexually and loves is none of my business as long as they are both humans, adults and consenting. Sexuality is a very complex thing and I consider Homosexuality perfectly natural, not an issue. I have Gay friends and they should have the same rights I have. Period.

This is not a PC, hair-fairy, artsy-farstly hippy liberal notion, simply one stemming from common sense, a sense of empathy and tolerance and humanity towards people who are different from and yet cause me no harm.

Considering serious issues our society faces like war, famine, poverty, human and sex trafficking, fraud, corruption, environmental degradation, child abuse, crime, etc... giving two men the right to marry is quite frankly something I cannot fathom anyone getting so worked up over.

I find most of your posts grossly offensive and ill founded, they do annoy me and I disagree with them. But at the end of the day until you start harming others and advocating the hurting or killing of others I believe you have the right to express your opinions and should be entitled to the same legal rights I have.

Gay people are no different, except usually they don't tend to want to deny others their legal rights and are therefore possibly a lot less harmful than your despicable bigotted rhetoric. Why does it bother you so much that two women or two men could get marry ? How does it affect your life exactly ?

I despise Sarkozy voters and yet I would not deny them the right to vote. It's called Democracy.

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 04-25-2013 at 07:30 AM..

Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,538,181 times
I can't believe the amount of people in here against this. Disgusting.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM

@ Mooseketer :
You can argue all you want and try to demonize and even restrict the freedoms of those who oppose gay marriage, (you are even ready to send them to jail and when one knows the infra human conditions in French jails- where homosexual rape is frequent by the way-it tells a lot about your respect of human rights).
But facts are facts and and the way you present homosexuality with rose coloured glasses -frankly that makes me sad for you.
- Fact n° 1 : to say that the whole LGBT community is in favour of gay marriage is a fallacy. A fair number of homosexuals are against gay marriage, amongthem one of the founder of the French equivalent of the US Christopher street movement, another one was at the head of the demonstrations against GM.
- Fact n° 2 : those who are in favour do not hide the fact that if they want to marry , it's to adopt children or have access to in vitro fertilization. They don't care if the child will grow without father or mother as long as they can satisfy they "right to have a child" . That's gross ! That's selfish! A child needs his dad and his mama.

Fact n° 3 : gay people are among the wealthiest in society, in the upper revenue brackets. They fancy to marry and have children because they crave bourgeois respectability. And they don't give a damn if thus doing they put society helter skelter. "My right, my love, my pleasure" could be thier motto / whats "progressive" about this?
quite the contrary as Sigmund Freud would put it it's "regressive"!
How is it "progressive" to give the right to a privileged few to buy the babies of poor mothers that they will pay to get pregnant and then after 12 months give the baby to them ? It's a monstrosity!

Now if gays want to a civil union which would be a specific gay "marriage" without the "right to children", I'm all for it of course!

Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I can't believe the amount of people in here against this. Disgusting.
Not for or against an issue that is irrelevant. There are bigger fish to fry in the world than how governments and egg head progressives like to reform and experiment with the human herd...To much education..that's the problem- The more "educated" people are the more institutionalized their thinking is...Just like the left that read Carl Marx and never got over it....move forward towards things that count - like housing- hunger..ensured incomes through useful employment...mindless war for profit...gun violence...drug addiction...need I go on?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,488,144 times
Question It's not that hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Yes
The majority can't take the rights away of a minority. A majority can't decide over a minority. Just because the Nazis thought killing the Jews was a great idea, dosen't mean it was. Just because many people thought slavery was ok, didn't make it ok.
Don't want gay marriage? Well, don't marry someone of the same sex. It's really simple and easy to comprehend, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe