Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:52 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,569,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Jobbik is not representative of all Hungarians. However, they speak the loudest and the most extreme, and are willing to do bad things. This is why many people worry about their safety.
I think intimidation is their objective, nothing else.

Quote:
Greeks and Hungarians were sent to the camps.
Actually, Hungarians were his allies and while he invaded Greece, had much appreciation for Greeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,435,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post
I think intimidation is their objective, nothing else.

Actually, Hungarians were his allies and while he invaded Greece, had much appreciation for Greeks.
You can't invade a sovereign country and then say "I really appreciate your existence"

Old 05-13-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You can't invade a sovereign country and then say "I really appreciate your existence"
He did with France first. We're not talking about sane people.

For the Greeks, he must saw them as Aryans and admired their resistance (against him) so much that he freed their pov:
Battle of Greece - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-13-2013, 01:34 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,435,707 times
Quote:

For the Greeks, he must saw them as Aryans and admired their resistance (against him) so much that he freed their pov:
Ok, you have a point I can't argue with that.

I know that the Nazi's were less harsh with those that didn't resist them as much (Croats, Flemish etc.).

Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 PM

73,124 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Quote:

Even so, it is important to learn from history. Nazism is an ideology that has advocated violence and genocide.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Even so, it is important to learn from history. Nazism is an ideology that has advocated violence and genocide.
Ofcourse. Anyway, not all xenophobes are equally dangerous. There are the real nazi who planned or dream of genocide, like hitlerists and fascists in the past, stormfront, neonazis, kkk and others today, that are insane.

Then, there are those nationalist like jobbik that are considerably less insane and less violent, they just want to intimidate.

And then are those like geert wilders who are not extremist but populist.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:56 PM

73,124 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Quote:
Ofcourse. Anyway, not all xenophobes are equally dangerous. There are the real nazi who planned or dream of genocide, like hitlerists and fascists in the past, stormfront, neonazis, kkk and others today, that are insane.

Then, there are those nationalist like jobbik that are considerably less insane and less violent, they just want to intimidate.

I've heard some of Geert Wilders stuff. I don't agree with alot of what he says. However, I'm not scared of him. I'm scared of those who advocate violence. The likes of Jobbik scare me. Many have used intimidation. The fact that they would want to intimidate people would make me watch out for them.

http://witnesshr.blogspot.com/2013/0...-violence.html

Golden Dawn in Greece scares me. Russia's Slavic Union scares me.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:35 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,249,797 times
Quote:

Yes, Geert Wilders shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as groups like Jobbik. Their ideologies are entirely different. Geert Wilders is not anti-immigrant as such (he is of Indo descent and his wife is Hungarian), he is just against the spread of Islam in Europe. For comparison, this is his view on Israel:

Quote:
Wilders lived in Israel for two years during his youth and has visited the country 40 times in the last 25 years.

Wilders stated about Israel: "I have visited many interesting countries in the Middle East – from Syria to Egypt, from Tunisia to Turkey, from Cyprus to Iran – but nowhere did I have the special feeling of solidarity that I always get when I land at Ben Gurion International Airport." Dutch public TV channel Nederland 2's daily news programme Netwerk reported that numerous American supporters of Israel financially supported Wilders' Party for Freedom (PVV) and openly approved of his message towards Islam and Islamic terrorism. Wilders told an audience during the report that "We [in the West] are all Israel". He has also said "Israel is the West's first line of defence" against what he perceives to be a threat posed by Islam.
What they have in common is finding a scape goat to blame all their country's problems on. No matter what the issue is, Wilders will find a way to blame the Muslims (although he seems to have found a new target in the EU). He will go out of his way to offend as many Muslims as he can, comparing the Quran to Mein Kampf, proposing a "rag tax" for women who wear headscarves, saying Jordan should be renamed Palestine, etc. He conveniently glosses over all the human rights abuses Israel is committing and all the atrocities that are mentioned in the Bible (Old Testament). He is out to divide the population just like these nationalist politicians are, but that's where the similarities end.

It's hard to be scared of a guy like this:

He gets mocked all the time (even in Parliament by other politicians), especially for his ridiculous blonde hair. Google his name and you'll find lots and lots of parodies

Old 05-13-2013, 03:51 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,836,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Yes, Geert Wilders shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as groups like Jobbik. Their ideologies are entirely different. Geert Wilders is not anti-immigrant as such (he is of Indo descent and his wife is Hungarian), he is just against the spread of Islam in Europe. For comparison, this is his view on Israel:

What they have in common is finding a scape goat to blame all their country's problems on. No matter what the issue is, Wilders will find a way to blame the Muslims (although he seems to have found a new target in the EU). He will go out of his way to offend as many Muslims as he can, comparing the Quran to Mein Kampf, proposing a "rag tax" for women who wear headscarves, saying Jordan should be renamed Palestine, etc. He conveniently glosses over all the human rights abuses Israel is committing and all the atrocities that are mentioned in the Bible (Old Testament). He is out to divide the population just like these nationalist politicians are, but that's where the similarities end.

Isn't Mr. Wilders an atheist?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:54 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,249,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Isn't Mr. Wilders an atheist?
He identifies as agnostic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe