Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 AM

112 posts, read 354,133 times

Advertisements

I love the focus on evil European Nationalists in this thread.
Looking at crime statistics they probably not even represented at all in Europe.

However looking at crime rates for Muslim radicals and other associals including "antifa" and other red factions, this statistic becomes overrepresented.

Yet no mention of them in this thread.

I guess limiting evil to fascists who don't even exist since 1945 makes some here feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Even if there was a single lone fascist in one European country, they'd manage to point the finger at him for all society ills.

Oh but the politicians dont do much when Muslims breach secularism by advocating hate in the streets, or openly occupying a street to pray, or throwing acid on the face of young girls which I read just about everyday in daily newspaper on my home.

But nooo. This is all irrelevant because the fascist beast is threatening Democracy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,433,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
OK now your talking! Yes, I'm guilty as charged, proudly holding most all modern day conservatives in great contempt even if they are family. The Republican party has been illigimate/all about destroying the 'other' party since roughly Monica Lewinski was suckling Bill Clinton.

Conservatives time and time again show a selfishness, disdain for science, disdain for nature, disdain for America as an organization (the gov't, except a pass is given to the military), disdain for active behavior even. An unwillingness to look at the future while misinterpreting the past. Modern US conservatism is a character flaw.

So you must remember that the bigotry I show as an individual and applied just to my daily life is meaningless as long as I don't commit any crimes. But the bigotry the Republican party shows in leadership of the country is damaging in many ways.
+1

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-16-2013 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: Orphaned - Quoting edited post

Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 AM

13,585 posts, read 15,699,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anondragon View Post
Looking at crime statistics they probably not even represented at all in Europe.

However looking at crime rates for Muslim radicals and other associals including "antifa" and other red factions, this statistic becomes overrepresented.

I guess limiting evil to fascists who don't even exist since 1945 makes some here feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Even if there was a single lone fascist in one European country, they'd manage to point the finger at him for all society ills.

Oh but the politicians dont do much when Muslims breach secularism by advocating hate in the streets, or openly occupying a street to pray, or throwing acid on the face of young girls which I read just about everyday in daily newspaper on my home.

But nooo. This is all irrelevant because the fascist beast is threatening Democracy!!
+rep

Old 05-16-2013, 09:26 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,834,786 times
FWIW, I consider myself conservative and dislike a lot of what is done by the Left. If there are Communist thugs glorifying Lenin, Stalin, and Che Guevara, I oppose that. I oppose people harassing religious believers and desecrating houses of worship. I am against the rise of atheism too.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,433,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
FWIW, I consider myself conservative and dislike a lot of what is done by the Left. If there are Communist thugs glorifying Lenin, Stalin, and Che Guevara, I oppose that. I oppose people harassing religious believers and desecrating houses of worship. I am against the rise of atheism too.
Good luck with that

Old 05-16-2013, 11:22 AM

73,124 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anondragon View Post

I know that radical Muslims have caused many problems, and needs to be dealt with. That being said, fascism has also been linked to violence. Nazism is basically fascism, and look at the violence that came from that. Fascism looks at violence and imperialism as a way to achieve national rejuvenation. And you have plenty of Neo-Nazi violence as well. Think about that.

While there are crimes being committed by "red factions", I'm more afraid of the fascist and Neo-Nazi factions. I know that as a Black man, those factions would harm me alot. They are a danger to me.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know that radical Muslims have caused many problems, and needs to be dealt with. That being said, fascism has also been linked to violence. Nazism is basically fascism, and look at the violence that came from that. Fascism looks at violence and imperialism as a way to achieve national rejuvenation. And you have plenty of Neo-Nazi violence as well. Think about that.

While there are crimes being committed by "red factions", I'm more afraid of the fascist and Neo-Nazi factions. I know that as a Black man, those factions would harm me alot. They are a danger to me.
We are discussing Jobbik. How many acts of violence committed by Jobbik can you cite?

Old 05-16-2013, 03:22 PM

73,124 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
We are discussing Jobbik. How many acts of violence committed by Jobbik can you cite?
Please read this: *** Witness Human Rights: Hungarian Jobbik fascist violence started with the Roma now its jews

Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
“One said to the other, in Hungarian, ‘Look at this guy… what’s on his head? He’s a Jew! Thank God the new government will make sure these type of people won’t walk on the streets.’ I was shocked,” the Budapest native told The Times of Israel, saying the incident was one of the scariest he has experienced.
LOL! Yeah, I'm sure that really happened, because after all, it's very natural for people to speak like that...why not just throw in something about the aforementioned Hungarian suddenly pulling hair clippers out of his pocket, shaving his head, then repeatedly proclaiming "Juden raus!" as he capriciously spray paints swastikas on all neighboring buildings and walls. Might as well go for broke with the hyperbole...

Old 05-18-2013, 03:54 AM

33 posts, read 32,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post
Ofcourse. Anyway, not all xenophobes are equally dangerous. There are the real nazi who planned or dream of genocide, like hitlerists and fascists in the past, stormfront, neonazis, kkk and others today, that are insane.

Then, there are those nationalist like jobbik that are considerably less insane and less violent, they just want to intimidate.

And then are those like geert wilders who are not extremist but populist.
Where does current Israeli leadership fall in this spectrum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe