Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 PM

291 posts, read 832,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Yes, Geert Wilders shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as groups like Jobbik. Their ideologies are entirely different. Geert Wilders is not anti-immigrant as such (he is of Indo descent and his wife is Hungarian), he is just against the spread of Islam in Europe. For comparison, this is his view on Israel: ...
What?

PVV had a website where the Dutch were able to complaint about their Easter European immigrants neighbors! No, not general complaints, but complaints about immigrants. If that’s not anti-immigrant, I don’t know what is.

Actually what you display here is pretty typical “western” view of things, so:

If Frenchies have problems with Gypsies and expel them en masse – that’s fighting with crime.

If Hungarians have problems with Gypsies and deal with it by ie building a fence in a village – that’s Nazism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,475,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
You also missed my point, the well-known hard-liner, right-wing poster seems to think it is A-OK for a nation to remove groups of people from its borders. I simply said it was not good form to do this.
We're these not your words verbatim?

Quote:
So you'd be okay with Romania marching its large Hungarian population back over the border?

The world is always so simple and primitive to conservatives.
Back pedaling now? I would too. World politics are so simple and primitive to the US. Team America got it right.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:09 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,435,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroatWebWanderer View Post
What?

PVV had a website where the Dutch were able to complaint about their Easter European immigrants neighbors! No, not general complaints, but complaints about immigrants. If that’s not anti-immigrant, I don’t know what is.

If Frenchies have problems with Gypsies and expel them en masse – that’s fighting with crime.

If Hungarians have problems with Gypsies and deal with it by ie building a fence in a village – that’s Nazism.
Maybe a west European view. In the US, any mention of tackling illegal immigration gets you labeled a racist as well and this is from within the country. Wanna have some fun? Go to the California forum and ask if a fence should be built along the border.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:30 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,249,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroatWebWanderer View Post
What?

Fair point, I forgot about that website. In general though, Wilders (and the PVV) focuses on Muslim immigration, not immigration as such. His main issue is with Islam. Many people were surprised when the PVV announced that website because it's not something they usually run on (and, like I said, Wilders' wife is CEE herself).

Trust me, I don't condone what Wilders does in any way. He doesn't just criticise Islam, he attacks Muslims as people (which is no better than anti-semites attacking Jews) and supports legal discrimination against them.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 PM

73,131 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Quote:
Fair point, I forgot about that website. In general though, Wilders (and the PVV) focuses on Muslim immigration, not immigration as such. His main issue is with Islam. Many people were surprised when the PVV announced that website because it's not something they usually run on (and, like I said, Wilders' wife is CEE herself).

Trust me, I don't condone what Wilders does in any way. He doesn't just criticise Islam, he attacks Muslims as people (which is no better than anti-semites attacking Jews) and supports legal discrimination against them.
Some of the stuff Wilders says, I don't agree with. That being said, I don't find him nearly as scary as Jobbik. I've heard some of what he has said, but I haven't heard him advocate for any kind of violence. If I'm wrong, let me know.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:53 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,249,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some of the stuff Wilders says, I don't agree with. That being said, I don't find him nearly as scary as Jobbik. I've heard some of what he has said, but I haven't heard him advocate for any kind of violence. If I'm wrong, let me know.
No, he doesn't advocate violence.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 PM

73,131 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Quote:
No, he doesn't advocate violence.
That is the difference between him and some of these Neo-Nazi parties. That being said, I still have to watch him. Political parties like Jobbik and Golden Dawn are scary not only for their political views, but for the lengths they are willing to go through. Golden Dawn has shown itself to have violence, and Jobbik can be quite aggressive as well. With those forces around, if I ever want to travel to Hungary or Greece, I have to watch myself and make sure I don't run into those types.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
We're these not your words verbatim?

Back pedaling now? I would too. World politics are so simple and primitive to the US. Team America got it right.
You don't look for meaning do you.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-14-2013 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 05-14-2013, 02:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,475,812 times
Quote:
You don't look for meaning do you.
I saw lots of meaning in your initial post as well as many posts you've made in other threads. You have a deep bigotry and loathing for conservatives. Your disdain for a particular group of people (in this case, conservatives) puts you at the level of the Jobbik party's top officers. It's too bad you don't see that when you post your vitriolic comments about conservatives, you are as hate filled as any other group you demonize.

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-14-2013 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: Orphaned - Response to edited post

Old 05-15-2013, 08:41 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,148,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I saw lots of meaning in your initial post as well as many posts you've made in other threads. You have a deep bigotry and loathing for conservatives. Your disdain for a particular group of people (in this case, conservatives) puts you at the level of the Jobbik party's top officers. It's too bad you don't see that when you post your vitriolic comments about conservatives, you are as hate filled as any other group you demonize.
OK now your talking! Yes, I'm guilty as charged, proudly holding most all modern day conservatives in great contempt even if they are family. The Republican party has been illigimate/all about destroying the 'other' party since roughly Monica Lewinski was suckling Bill Clinton.

Conservatives time and time again show a selfishness, disdain for science, disdain for nature, disdain for America as an organization (the gov't, except a pass is given to the military), disdain for active behavior even. An unwillingness to look at the future while misinterpreting the past. Modern US conservatism is a character flaw.

So you must remember that the bigotry I show as an individual and applied just to my daily life is meaningless as long as I don't commit any crimes. But the bigotry the Republican party shows in leadership of the country is damaging in many ways.

Moderator cut: Personal attack

Last edited by Rozenn; 05-16-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe