Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 12:37 AM

114 posts, read 624,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
There's a theory that most Europeans have relatively recent ancestry from the Middle East/Central Asia. Italians look more like other Mediterranean Caucasoids than Northern Europeans, while Greeks have more Turkish/Levantine admixture. Spaniards and Portuguese have that Moorish element as well.
Greeks actually have more Slavic admixture, if anything. Northern Italians have Germanic. Most of the Levantine admixture is Maltese and Sicilians, who also have recent Germanic admixture. If anything, most southern Europeans today look closer to other Europeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 12:28 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times
There is a Northern European and a Mediterranean component in every single European population. It is just that Southern European ones have a higher frequency of Mediterranean component, this in turn decreases the ratio of light hair blonde/red, light eyes blue/green/gray in their own populations in comparison to those in Northern Europe, that's all! The National Genographic Project potrays it really well for Greece, Iberia, Tuscany(Italia), Sardinia(Italia). The reason why Iberians might have a slightly lighter complexion than other Euro-Mediterraneans such as Sardinians.
GREEK

This reference population is based on samples collected from the native population of Greece. The 54% Mediterranean and 17% Southwest Asian percentages reflect the strong influence of agriculturalists from the Fertile Crescent in the Middle East, who arrived here more than 8,000 years ago. The 28% Northern European component likely comes from the pre-agricultural population of Europe—the earliest settlers, who arrived more than 35,000 years ago during the Upper Paleolithic period. Today, this component predominates in northern European populations, while the Mediterranean component is more common in southern Europe.

IBERIAN (SPAIN & PORTUGAL)

This reference population is based on samples collected from people native to Spain and Portugal. The 48% Mediterranean and 13% Southwest Asian percentages reflect the strong influence of agriculturalists from the Fertile Crescent in the Middle East, who arrived here more than 8,000 years ago. The 37% Northern European component likely comes from the pre-agricultural population of Europe—the earliest settlers, who arrived more than 35,000 years ago during the Upper Paleolithic period. Today, this component predominates in northern European populations, while the Mediterranean component is more common in southern Europe

TUSCAN (ITALY)

This reference population is based on samples collected from Italians native to Tuscany. The 54% Mediterranean and 17% Southwest Asian percentages reflect the strong influence of agriculturalists from the Fertile Crescent in the Middle East, who arrived in Italy more than 7,000 years ago. The 28% Northern European component likely comes from the pre-agricultural population of Europe—the earliest settlers, who arrived in Europe more than 35,000 years ago during the Upper Paleolithic period—and was perhaps increased during the conquest of northern Italy by the Germanic Lombards in the 6th-8th centuries. Today, the northern European component predominates in northern European populations, while the Mediterranean component is more common in southern Europe.

SARDINIAN

This reference population is based on samples collected from people native to Sardinia. The 67% Mediterranean and 8% Southwest Asian percentages reflect the strong influence of agriculturalists from the Fertile Crescent in the Middle East, who arrived in Sardinia more than 7,000 years ago. The 24% Northern European component likely comes from the pre-agricultural population of Europe—the earliest settlers, who arrived in Europe more than 35,000 years ago during the Upper Paleolithic period—and was carried along with the Mediterranean and southwest Asian components by the first agricultural settlers of Sardinia. Today, the northern European component predominates in northern European populations, while the Mediterranean component is more common in southern Europe.

Last edited by saxonwold; 10-18-2013 at 12:57 PM..

Old 03-28-2016, 07:57 PM

Iberians are the lightest-pigmented of the South Europeans as a whole. We can clearly see that they have a higher Northern European genetical component than Italians or Greeks as a whole. This is why, a few Iberians who look Northern European, it has nothing to do with an "Atlantic" theory which has become now useless.Let the truth be told! Iberia Peninsula, was populated from Central Europe, bringing the R1b Y-haplogroup which is now quite common throughout the entire Western Europe region. However the R1b subclade DF27 which is by far the commonest R1b type in Iberia and southwestern France entered there later than when the R1b-L21 reached the British Isles or the R1b-U106 entered the Low Countries and Northern Germany. There are various reasons for it. The R1b never originated in Iberia as previously thought!

Old 03-28-2016, 10:39 PM

749 posts, read 856,406 times
And what are Northern European an admixture of?

Old 03-29-2016, 06:56 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
And what are Northern European an admixture of?
They descend directly from God itself and remain pure and holy.

Redheads happen when they procreate with non Northern Europeans, hence the mark of Satan is embedded into their hair color.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:37 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,575,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Could you please stop whining? They are not pure at all, but you would assume most politicians from northern Europe are not as corrupt as ours.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post

Redheads happen when they procreate with non Northern Europeans, hence the mark of Satan is embedded into their hair color.
Oh my! You are so mean! How can you say that? How would you feel, if you were a redhead as I am, then someone told you that? How about your black hair?

Old 03-29-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Oh my! You are so mean! How can you say that? How would you feel, if you were a redhead as I am, then someone told you that? How about your black hair?
Brown, it's brown. I can dye it many colors without having to bleach it first, such a blessing. I used to dye it purple, you see? I got complimented by an old lady as I waited for the bus and everything. She asked me which color it was because she'd like to try it out herself, and so I told her "It's violin purple".
Then I dyed it black. And then, orange. Then I stopped, even though I would've loved nothing more than to try out light blue dye, but it's expensive and I would've had to bleach to get that color to look nice, too, so I said "**** that".

Anyway, back on topic, I would love to be told that my hair is embedded with the mark of the beast, it would be the nicest thing they could say to me tbh.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:31 AM

[quote=Arigarisha;43529931]Brown, it's brown. I can dye it many colors without having to bleach it first, such a blessing. I used to dye it purple, you see? I got complimented by an old lady as I waited for the bus and everything. She asked me which color it was because she'd like to try it out herself, and so I told her "It's violin purple".
Then I dyed it black. And then, orange. Then I stopped, even though I would've loved nothing more than to try out light blue dye, but it's expensive and I would've had to bleach to get that color to look nice, too, so I said "**** that".

Anyway, back on topic, I would love to be told that my hair is embedded with the mark of the beast, it would be the nicest thing they could say to me tbh.[/

I dyed my hair twice to black in my adolescence, but ever since I never did it again. I am a proud redhead. If someone ever told me that face to face, that insult, I would most likely knock some of his teeth out. You must be gingerphobic like some people!

Last edited by saxonwold; 03-30-2016 at 04:41 AM..

Old 03-30-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I dyed my hair twice to black in my adolescence, but ever since I never did it again. I am a proud redhead. If someone ever told me that face to face, that insult, I would most likely knock some of his teeth out. You must be gingerphobic like some people!
Huh? No, red hair is actually my faves hair color. I haz so much envies for you right now you don't even know.

Do you also happen to have... FRECKLES?

Last edited by Arigarisha; 03-30-2016 at 06:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe