Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 10:08 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,921,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I read, that Montenegro's people not support NATO, but politicians make choice.

NATO bombed Serbia 20 years ago. I doubt that Serbia can join NATO. It will be humiliation of a Serbs people.

I can not imagine the union of Turkey and Russia.
People used to think the same thing about China and Iran, now these two countries are one of Russia's top allies, at least for the moment. Anybody who is anti west tends to be friends with Russia and at the moment Turkey and the west are not very friendly. Turkey is already a dialogue partner in the SCO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 11:08 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I was loling all morning long today -
I guess it's a briefing in the Ministry of International affairs in Moscow, so here comes a Finn ( a cute Finn at that ) with a question of "gay situation in Chechnya";
-I'd like to know what do you think about their supposed absence in Chechnya, ( smiling); let's talk about your favorite subject..." ( addressing a speaker of the Ministry - M. Zakharova.)
Zakharova; "MY favorite subject? No, it's YOUR favorite subject"
Finn; "OK, it's my favorite subject... but I'd still like to know what you think about it all..."
Zakharova; "Then start telling as it is, that it's YOUR favorite subject"...
Finn; "OK, it's our favorite subject. But I'd still like to ask... As you know the West is concerened with this issue, which was reflected during the last meeting in Paris.."
Zakharova; "What's your name please?"
Finn; - "Erkka Mikkonen."
Zakharova; - And you represent what media outlet please?
Mikkonen; "Finnish TV."
Zakharova in the microphone; "Dear Mr. Kadyrov (head of Chechen Republic, obviously not present at the moment) - "Here we have someone named Erkka Mikkonen from Finnish TV., preoccupied with the presence of gays in Chechnya, or lack of thereof. I am a wrong person here to comment on a subject, since I am a representative of the Ministry of International Affairs, so would you be so kind to organize an extensive trip for this particular journalist throughout Chechnya, that he would get all the answers to his pressing questions?"
Mikkonen; "But I still didn't get your answer..."
Zakharova - What "answer?" You practically received the invitation, so the only thing left for you is to pack your suitcases. You are not afraid to go there of course, right?"
Mikkonen; "No I am not."
Zakharova; "So there you go. I am not kidding here, we are getting busy to send you personally to Chechnya as of now.")))

"Gay" and "Kavkaz" в голову не вкладывается, as they say. "Does not compute". Those warrior cultures--I can't imagine.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:12 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,185 times
Quote:
I don't understand how you can say that the Russian Empire was not a great country. It's total stupidity.
Russian imperio was weak and factitious state formation. No chance for long life historically.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:21 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Russian imperio was weak and factitious state formation. No chance for long life historically.
Facts do not confirm this. RE has existed for more than 300 years and expanded its borders right up to the revolution.

Much has been done for European nations. For example, the Slavic peoples were liberated from the Ottoman yoke.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Facts do not confirm this. RE has existed for more than 300 years and expanded its borders right up to the revolution.

Much has been done for European nations. For example, the Slavic peoples were liberated from the Ottoman yoke.
Your territory was not needed no one except for Napoleon and Hitler (prevent hits). This desert is inhabited by a peculiar population. Your chance was that Peter I. But he didnt manage to integrate european.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:43 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,921,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Your territory was not needed no one except for Napoleon and Hitler (prevent hits). This desert is inhabited by a peculiar population. Your chance was that Peter I. But he didnt manage to integrate european.
Than why did the Swedes and the Poles try to conquer Russia? Also what about Catherine II and Alexander II?

Old 06-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Than why did the Swedes and the Poles try to conquer Russia? Also what about Catherine II and Alexander II?
Just stupid people.
And remember this was prevent actions.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:02 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Maxim...
The Russian Empire had an impressive history, and it was in many ways not all that different from other notable European countries.
The question was - at what point R.I. started falling behind the leading European countries, becoming this backward place, that finally collapsed of its own internal controversies?
I'd put my finger at the "Age of Enlightenment," - from that point on Russian Monarchy refused to follow the suit of the most advanced countries, which impeded its social progress, and as the direct result of it - its technological progress.
The articles of the likes of "Sputnik and Pogrom" are not a serious source of information, particularly when it comes to history.
The facts and figures speak against Russian Empire, as a country that had any successful future.
Or rather - it would have had future, if it were developing in the vacuum. But it was not developing in the vacuum - it was developing side by side with other countries, and those, more successful of them already made all the necessary adjustments, and were in a process of colonizing the countries that fell behind in their development.
R.I in this respect, in spite of all its potential was already in semi-colonial situation in terms of its financial dependency on European countries, which was making Russia's perspectives rather bleak. In spite of all their minuses, the Bolsheviks managed to unhinge Russia from this dependency, which made the capitalist world to hate them to no end)))

Old 06-07-2017, 11:51 PM

36 posts, read 20,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Maxim...
The Russian Empire had an impressive history, and it was in many ways not all that different from other notable European countries.
The question was - at what point R.I. started falling behind the leading European countries, becoming this backward place, that finally collapsed of its own internal controversies?
I'd put my finger at the "Age of Enlightenment," - from that point on Russian Monarchy refused to follow the suit of the most advanced countries, which impeded its social progress, and as the direct result of it - its technological progress.
The articles of the likes of "Sputnik and Pogrom" are not a serious source of information, particularly when it comes to history.
The facts and figures speak against Russian Empire, as a country that had any successful future.
Or rather - it would have had future, if it were developing in the vacuum. But it was not developing in the vacuum - it was developing side by side with other countries, and those, more successful of them already made all the necessary adjustments, and were in a process of colonizing the countries that fell behind in their development.
R.I in this respect, in spite of all its potential was already in semi-colonial situation in terms of its financial dependency on European countries, which was making Russia's perspectives rather bleak. In spite of all their minuses, the Bolsheviks managed to unhinge Russia from this dependency, which made the capitalist world to hate them to no end)))
You says evident things. I don't want to debate with Maxim. Not sence. We says about basic statistic but he, as answer, names a few names of artists, as statement the great country. If it is great for him, I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe