Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 08:57 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Russia had a string of protests around the country again similar to the ones back in March.
Alexei Navalny: Russian Opposition Leader Arrested | Time.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34a7sY7Ei3k

Is the opposition mostly united with Alexei Navalny? Is he becoming more popular? And if so does he have a chance of winning the election? Is the beginning of the end of Putin? Or do most Russians not agree with the protesters?
Hey, I would have expressed my opinion, but I already made a WRONG prediction regarding the potential Eurovision winner)))
This is approximately the same level, but I think that the Portuguese guy had more going on for him.
The thing I don't understand is why Navalny chose the Day of Russia with all the festivities for his protests? This made things more difficult for the participants, not to mention that the day turned into famous Russian meme; "First the festivities were planned, then the arrests, then they decided to combine them."

P.S. Who is this annoying NFKRZY person, that's trying too hard to be *cool*?
The comments on his video are pretty telling too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 09:37 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,922,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Hey, I would have expressed my opinion, but I already made a WRONG prediction regarding the potential Eurovision winner)))
This is approximately the same level, but I think that the Portuguese guy had more going on for him.
The thing I don't understand is why Navalny chose the Day of Russia with all the festivities for his protests? This made things more difficult for the participants, not to mention that the day turned into famous Russian meme; "First the festivities were planned, then the arrests, then they decided to combine them."

P.S. Who is this annoying NFKRZY person, that's trying too hard to be *cool*?
The comments on his video are pretty telling too...
Idk it was the first thing that came up when I YouTube Russian protests June 2017, but yeah I agree he's trying to hard and is annoying.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:41 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Quote:
Is the opposition mostly united with Alexei Navalny? Is he becoming more popular? And if so does he have a chance of winning the election? Is the beginning of the end of Putin? Or do most Russians not agree with the protesters?
Most of Russians not agree with the protesters. The popularity of Navalny falls from 2013. And he did not support the join of the Crimea.

Old 06-13-2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Because he planned to break through to Tverskaya (where the festival was held) and arrange provocations. This was partly successful. He needs riots, not rallies.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:00 AM

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...c9b0667a50.png

Link: lev-sharansky2.livejournal.com/

Old 06-14-2017, 01:27 PM

And Limonov about Navalny (Russian language):
article 1
article 2

Old 06-14-2017, 01:42 PM

And Olshanskiy:

...И когда козел-провокатор, выученно размахивая руками, агитирует:
- Давай, побежали! Рванем, а? На площадь, за все хорошее!
Русский человек, глядя на него своими холодными северными глазами, роняет:
- Отстань.
- Ну ты чего! Против воров же! Против тирана! Честное государство за 48 часов! Гляди, гляди, журавль!
- Отстань.
И смотрит на свою синицу - смешную, мелкую, вымокшую под бесконечным дождем.
Ну что, подруга. Жива?
Да ты не бойся, я тебя никому не отдам.
Будем выживать вместе.(c)

Who is Navalny? He is zero.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:56 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Russia had a string of protests around the country again similar to the ones back in March.

What I read said that he knows he has no chance of winning the election, but he's running anyway, to see how many votes he gets (i.e. to size up and make a show of his support).

Could someone bring me up to speed on Navalny, please? What's his platform?

Old 06-14-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Could someone bring me up to speed on Navalny, please? What's his platform?
His platform is fight with corruption and power. And that's all. There is nothing else. Beautiful words, but this is the way to a standstill.

navalny.com

Old 06-14-2017, 04:25 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Alec, I found beautiful song! it's amazing. What do you think?

Cover Red Alert - Soviet March by Monetochka.

https://youtu.be/tvpwRExf2V0

Our Soviet Union subjugates the whole world
Like a gigantic bear from the East.
The sheep wander aimlessly, without any cause,
Yet the Soviet bear's on the hunt.

Our brotherhood's a good life, Our generosity is without compare.
All those with us are strong,
All those against us, beware.
It'd be a shame if we had hardships.

To all those around us, it's not worth your while
If we were to turn you to ashes.
We thank you profoundly, and bow to you deeply,
From the mightiest nation in all the world.
(c)translate from web
Sorry dude, cant see right now.
But... maybe you like hymn of Russian Liberation Army?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe