Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 10:31 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times

Advertisements

Reality starting to sink in in the higher echelons of American geopolitical circle.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...i-geopolitical

"In a recent Chatham House webinar with former British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt, 97-year-old Kissinger called on the U.S. to create a balance with existing global forces, adding

“if you imagine that the world commits itself to an endless competition based on the dominance of whoever is superior at the moment, then a breakdown of the order is inevitable. And the consequences of a breakdown would be catastrophic.”
"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 10:38 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,298,594 times
It seems, hopefully, that Zelenski, once understood that no US intervention was in the cards in case of military conflict (something that clown Saakashvili failed to grasp in 2008), decided to stop playing toy soldier and folded.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/0...for-peace.html

After The Bear Showed Its Teeth The Ukraine Filed For Peace?

First the Ukraine said it would use force to recover the renegade Donbass region as well as Crimea. It then moved heavy troops towards the contact lines. The ceasefire at the contact line was broken multiple times per day. Several Ukrainian soldiers died while attempting to remove a minefield in preparation of an attack.

It became clear that a war in Ukraine's east was likely to soon brake out. A successful war would help Ukraine's president Zelensky with the ever increasing domestic crises. A war would also give the U.S. more influence in Europe. The U.S. and NATO promised "unwavering support for Ukraine’s sovereignty”.

Russia gave several verbal warnings that any Ukrainian attack on the renegade provinces of Luhansk and Donetsk or Crimea would cause a serious Russian intervention. There was never a chance that the U.S. or NATO would intervene in such a war. But it was only after Russia started to move some of its troops around that sanity set in. It daunted to the Ukrainian leadership that the idea of waging war against a nuclear armed superpower was not a good one.

Late yesterday it suddenly decided to file for peace (machine translation):

The Armed Forces ruled out the use of force to "liberate" Donbass
KIEV, April 9 - RIA Novosti. "Liberation" of Donbass by force will lead to mass deaths of civilians and servicemen, and this is unacceptable for Kiev, said Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Ruslan Khomchak.

"Being devoted to universal human values ​​and norms of international humanitarian law, our state puts the lives of its citizens in the first place," the General Staff's press center quoted him as saying.

According to Khomchak, the Ukrainian authorities consider the political and diplomatic way to resolve the situation in Donbass a priority. At the same time, he added that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are ready for an adequate response both to the escalation of the conflict and to "the complication of the military-political and military-strategic situation around the country."

Zelensky himself chipped in (machine translated):

Zelensky spoke for a truce in Donbass
MOSCOW, April 9 - RIA Novosti. President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced the need for a new truce in Donbass after visiting the contact line.

The head of state wrote on Facebook that shooting at the front lines had become "a dangerous routine." "After several months of observing a complete and general ceasefire, we returned to the need to establish a truce," Zelensky said.

As the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Ruslan Khomchak emphasized earlier, the use of force to "liberate" Donbass is unacceptable for Kiev, as it is fraught with casualties among the civilian population and military personnel. At the same time, last week he said that the Armed Forces of Ukraine will strengthen the grouping of troops in the Donbass and in the Crimean direction - in response to the "build-up" of Russian forces on the border with Ukraine.

It seems that order has come from Washington to stand down - at least for now. U.S. reconnaissance flights near Russia's border continue. One should therefore consider that the sudden call for a renewed ceasefire might be a ruse.

But if it is not why was all of this allowed to happen in the first place?

Old 04-10-2021, 11:41 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
It seems, hopefully, that Zelenski, once understood that no US intervention was in the cards in case of military conflict (something that clown Saakashvili failed to grasp in 2008), decided to stop playing toy soldier and folded.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/0...for-peace.html

After The Bear Showed Its Teeth The Ukraine Filed For Peace?

First the Ukraine said it would use force to recover the renegade Donbass region as well as Crimea. It then moved heavy troops towards the contact lines. The ceasefire at the contact line was broken multiple times per day. Several Ukrainian soldiers died while attempting to remove a minefield in preparation of an attack.

It became clear that a war in Ukraine's east was likely to soon brake out. A successful war would help Ukraine's president Zelensky with the ever increasing domestic crises. A war would also give the U.S. more influence in Europe. The U.S. and NATO promised "unwavering support for Ukraine’s sovereignty”.

Russia gave several verbal warnings that any Ukrainian attack on the renegade provinces of Luhansk and Donetsk or Crimea would cause a serious Russian intervention. There was never a chance that the U.S. or NATO would intervene in such a war. But it was only after Russia started to move some of its troops around that sanity set in. It daunted to the Ukrainian leadership that the idea of waging war against a nuclear armed superpower was not a good one.

Late yesterday it suddenly decided to file for peace (machine translation):

The Armed Forces ruled out the use of force to "liberate" Donbass
KIEV, April 9 - RIA Novosti. "Liberation" of Donbass by force will lead to mass deaths of civilians and servicemen, and this is unacceptable for Kiev, said Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Ruslan Khomchak.

"Being devoted to universal human values ​​and norms of international humanitarian law, our state puts the lives of its citizens in the first place," the General Staff's press center quoted him as saying.

According to Khomchak, the Ukrainian authorities consider the political and diplomatic way to resolve the situation in Donbass a priority. At the same time, he added that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are ready for an adequate response both to the escalation of the conflict and to "the complication of the military-political and military-strategic situation around the country."

Zelensky himself chipped in (machine translated):

Zelensky spoke for a truce in Donbass
MOSCOW, April 9 - RIA Novosti. President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced the need for a new truce in Donbass after visiting the contact line.

The head of state wrote on Facebook that shooting at the front lines had become "a dangerous routine." "After several months of observing a complete and general ceasefire, we returned to the need to establish a truce," Zelensky said.

As the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Ruslan Khomchak emphasized earlier, the use of force to "liberate" Donbass is unacceptable for Kiev, as it is fraught with casualties among the civilian population and military personnel. At the same time, last week he said that the Armed Forces of Ukraine will strengthen the grouping of troops in the Donbass and in the Crimean direction - in response to the "build-up" of Russian forces on the border with Ukraine.

It seems that order has come from Washington to stand down - at least for now. U.S. reconnaissance flights near Russia's border continue. One should therefore consider that the sudden call for a renewed ceasefire might be a ruse.

But if it is not why was all of this allowed to happen in the first place?

OK, so I am watching with my own eyes all those trains with heavy weapons moving towards Donbass, I am listening to what the locals are saying about the increased shelling during the last month, and when I am stating all this, here comes DKM and tells me literally this;

"Messages spread by Russia about allegedly "Ukraine's preparation for an attack on Donbas" are untrue and have signs of a targeted disinformation campaign aimed at discrediting Ukraine in the international arena"

And if this is not enough - me being "Russia" and "discrediting Ukraine in the international arena," now as it turns out, I am

"sowing panic among the population of temporarily occupied territories" on top of that.

I am utterly impressed with my own capacities, I'm telling you... although I have to admit that "discrediting Ukraine" more than it already discredited itself is not an easy task to accomplish.

Old 04-10-2021, 11:57 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Nikolai Glushkov: Putin critic 'strangled in London home by third party'

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-56695489

Old 04-10-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Nikolai Glushkov: Putin critic 'strangled in London home by third party'

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-56695489

.. Oh I see - "he was a close friend of oligarch Boris Berezovsky"

Say no more.

Old 04-10-2021, 12:41 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I thought it was going this direction and I'm glad to see it has. Putin will declare victory according to how Russia perceives the reaction to their army build up. I was just saying last night to my friend that we are probably just about to see Russia will claim they stopped an attack on the Donbas. My congrats, job well done, molodets! So that's it then? What's next?

Last edited by DKM; 04-10-2021 at 01:02 PM..

Old 04-10-2021, 12:43 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,473,423 times
Russian space programme facing existential crisis as Elon Musk helps US relaunch Nasa ambitions

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-space...092158181.html

the trampoline works

Old 04-10-2021, 12:55 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Russian space programme facing existential crisis as Elon Musk helps US relaunch Nasa ambitions

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-space...092158181.html

the trampoline works
Oh, how do you manage to find these feces ? ))) Have you even read what was written there, according to your link, and who was interviewed?

Old 04-10-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I thought it was going this direction and I'm glad to see it has. Putin will declare victory according to how Russia perceives the reaction to their army build up. I was just saying last night to my friend that we are probably just about to see Russia will claim they stopped an attack on the Donbas. My congrats, job well done, molodets! So that's it then? What's next?

DKM, they are afraid there, in Kiev.

And they are voicing now their fear to lose to Russia very specific five regions - Kharkov, Nikolaev, Lugansk, Donetsk, and Kherson.

So if I ever wondered what regions historically and mentally were part of the "Russian world," Ukrainians unintentionally acknowledged it now themselves.

Old 04-10-2021, 04:11 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
DKM, they are afraid there, in Kiev.

And they are voicing now their fear to lose to Russia very specific five regions - Kharkov, Nikolaev, Lugansk, Donetsk, and Kherson.

So if I ever wondered what regions historically and mentally were part of the "Russian world," Ukrainians unintentionally acknowledged it now themselves.
Oh yes, very afraid! I'm sure you have well placed informants to give you this secret information.

Thousands of Russians would magically appear and take over... uh huh keep telling yourself that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe