Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2021, 01:34 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Not symbolic, try shambolic. It's a pathetic attempt of politicians who sold themselves to appease certain interested parties and make themselves look like they're doing something when in fact they can do nothing.

NS2 will be completed. Navalny is still in jail. Crimea is still Russian and it will remain so. Zelensky is still a puppet with a western gun to his head, Ukraine is still a colony and the Donbas is still free and it will continue to be.

So much for the sanctions.
The US is trying for a slow economic strangulation of Russia and alienation from Europe. It will not work.

1) They still think that Putin "wants to be accepted in Europe" where I do not think he gives a rat behind about it anymore.

2) Some think that once Putin leaves, Russia will be pliable again...again, it's not going to happen, Russia has a deep state as much as the US (and even deeper), any leader straying away from the perceived fundamental strategic interest of the country, will be chewed and spat away...look at Trump.

I cannot believe there are some higher-up people in the US think-thankstan that truly believe this nonsense "ohh if we push Putin out, everything it's going to be wonderful. They think of Russia of some sort of Latin American country led by a of Don Quixotesque Caudillo, I guess that this is what a failing education system does o the population of a nation. I would actually love for Putin to leave the official tiller to a woman that turn to be a worse SOB than Vlad is. Maybe Maria Zakharova?? LOL

3) Economic strangulation simply will not work, the cat is out of the bag. Russia does not need dollars to develop and grow.

Last edited by saturno_v; 04-16-2021 at 02:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 03:23 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
But however. Terrible Putin's Russia, only recently paid off the debts of the beautiful USSR.Really?

Only recently have roads,bridges,and infrastructure been built to places where nothing has been built in the 70 years of the beautiful USSR.Isn't it?

Food security, which is now in fact, was inaccessible to the beautiful USSR.

Remember, when the last time oil prices dropped to zero, in the beautiful USSR there was food on coupons.In peacetime. Yeah?

So, there is no need to tell fairy tales about the terrible Putin's Russia, which all the time owes you something.
USSR was the first/second country on the planet, Russia is only in the top 5 (or 10?). And erasure, of course, is right in everything.

Old 04-16-2021, 03:31 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,227,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
A Sincere question: Do you think Russia should have followed the Chinese path??
How can Russia follow the Chinese path if the industrialization of the village was 90 years ago?

Old 04-16-2021, 03:59 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
USSR was the first/second country on the planet, Russia is only in the top 5 (or 10?). And erasure, of course, is right in everything.
Its 11 now. South Korea passed it this year. Australia is catching up (with 120 million fewer people).

Old 04-16-2021, 04:32 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
A Sincere question: Do you think Russia should have followed the Chinese path?? Worked very well for them but there are some significant differences between the two countries (demographics being one of the most important).
Even if we'll set aside the fact that I abhor "the Chinese path," the first condition for this *path* was America moving its industrial base into China.
Russia was never offered such "path" to begin with, that's why when I hear how some Russians are lamenting that Russia should have followed the "Chinese path" - this does not make any sense.

So no, when I am saying that Russia should have followed her own path after the fall of SU, I mean that they should have kept all the heavy industry and natural resources under the government control, as it was back in Soviet times, while allowing the private sector to flourish in other areas.
Let all these "genius business people" of Russia ( read the oligarchs) try to show their "great abilities" to "build the wealth" in different areas, other than speculating on the natural resources so coveted by the West and making fortunes on it.
That's what Russians are well aware of, until today, how those money were "made" back in the 90ies, and how the crony capitalism was born.
Russians ( in their right mind) are not against resourceful and capable business people, that truly can create the wealth. Just not on something that belonged to the nation to begin with, and what was basically stolen.
They don't mind "Steve Job" kind of people, but they don't want Khodorkovsky types.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Political asylum. Yes, perhaps it is.

And at the expense of chatter, you are right, in this matter, you are far ahead ))

And again, Russia owes you something there, again and again and again, both in the past and in the future and in the present.

You know, there's a joke. Putin has the worst understanding of how to run a state and the worst understanding of politics and economics. Everyone knows that. And best of all taxi drivers understand the management of the state ))) As for me, I can assume that those taxi drivers who emigrated to the United States are even better versed, and those who managed to get political asylum are especially well versed in public administration ))))
Russia doesn't *owe* anything to me - it OWES TO THE RUSSIAN PEOPLE that are killed with impunity over and over again in Donbass.

P.S. Yesterday yet another man has been killed in Donetsk suburbs by the way.
He was just fixing his supper after a day of work, when the shrapnel flew into the window in his apartment.

The Ukronazi can't calm down, they keep on shelling LDNR from the heavy artillery.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:42 PM

P.S. P.S. Here, Turist - specially for you, straight from the DNR.

I hope you won't choke on it; "This is our last battle, we are going back home, we are going to Russia."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_5bpdBHhg8

Old 04-16-2021, 05:09 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times
What a sad group of people in that video. I like the hired spokesladies, but otherwise a group of sad old people yearning for the old times. They probably haven't ever left their oblast. I don't believe Russia wants to go to war to satisfy their desires.

Old 04-16-2021, 05:16 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,296,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Its 11 now. South Korea passed it this year. Australia is catching up (with 120 million fewer people).
The usual meaningless Nominal GDP...

Old 04-16-2021, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
What a sad group of people in that video. I like the hired spokesladies, but otherwise a group of sad old people yearning for the old times. They probably haven't ever left their oblast. I don't believe Russia wants to go to war to satisfy their desires.
They are YOUNG AND OLD DKM, look closer.
It's their town/village.
That's how they want to live, it's their democratic choice, whether you like it or not, the kind of choice that the Nazi in Ukraine are not leaving to them.

What will happen next, ( as far as Russia goes,) remains to be seeing.

Last edited by erasure; 04-16-2021 at 05:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe