Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2017, 03:47 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
China is not Russia’s friend. They may find some common ground, but there is still a high level of mistrust between the two nations.
BS. They're cooperating more and more in all spheres. You need to catch up.

Quote:
Why would China favour Russia over the US when the latter is its largest trading partner? Even the Silk Road you mentioned excludes Russia.
Where in the hell do you live? Your average American can hardly afford to buy all those goods imported from China and it's getting worse all the time. When it comes to buying power America is not what it was and not near what it could be. The vast majority of Americans struggle to put food on the table and pay the goddamn rent. Millennials here in my area will never see the American dream unless they leave. When I was young if a woman became pregnant it was a joyful thing. Not now so much. I can be a terrifying experience, not one to celebrate. People can't afford children or families,

China would favor Russia over the US because the US is rapidly heading towards an oligarchy where there are a small percentage of the very rich and and a large percentage of poor struggling serfs. That's not a good place for a market with the greater mass out in the world is rising. It's a short road to irrelevance, America can't compete anymore. The talent we import isn't a good thing. It's whistling in the dark. The truth is the lousy education system in this cannot produce the people needed. My society is rotting from within. The US could fall off the face of the world and China might blink but little else.

Russia is convenient for China too. All those resources just sitting there waiting. Russia needs to work with China, China needs Russia. Russian fleets are not cruising armed and dangerous off Chinas coasts and interfering. All of Asia will benefit from the new Silk Road. It's going to change the world as we know it and as I said the US may well be irrelevant unless they try to destroy it which they may just be desperate and stupid enough to try.

https://www.loganspace.com/russia/ch...sia-and-india/

Do some research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 05:00 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I'm sure they discussed Syria.
Probably. Saudi has no desire to let Iran control Syria, so they are probably working that out. A lot of competing interests in Syria: each 5 neighboring countries, plus you have 3 Syrian factions, 2 terrorist groups, Russia, Saudi, Iran and the US with their own interests. 14 parties, more or less overlapping? What a mess...I wish them luck.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:11 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The vast majority of Americans struggle to put food on the table and pay the goddamn rent. Millennials here in my area will never see the American dream unless they leave. When I was young if a woman became pregnant it was a joyful thing. Not now so much. I can be a terrifying experience, not one to celebrate. People can't afford children or families,
And you're telling other people they look silly?

Here are some facts: 11,000 American babies are born every day. The average family income in the United States is nearly $60,000 a year. Not to get racial here but for white families its nearly $80k. It is not hard at all to find a Russian lady willing to consider living here but I bet you'd never find an American woman willing to live in Russia.

Sorry if your life isn't turning out the way you want, perhaps there is an apartment in Pskov waiting for you.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:59 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
BS. They're cooperating more and more in all spheres. You need to catch up.

Where in the hell do you live? Your average American can hardly afford to buy all those goods imported from China and it's getting worse all the time. When it comes to buying power America is not what it was and not near what it could be. The vast majority of Americans struggle to put food on the table and pay the goddamn rent. Millennials here in my area will never see the American dream unless they leave. When I was young if a woman became pregnant it was a joyful thing. Not now so much. I can be a terrifying experience, not one to celebrate. People can't afford children or families,

China would favor Russia over the US because the US is rapidly heading towards an oligarchy where there are a small percentage of the very rich and and a large percentage of poor struggling serfs. That's not a good place for a market with the greater mass out in the world is rising. It's a short road to irrelevance, America can't compete anymore. The talent we import isn't a good thing. It's whistling in the dark. The truth is the lousy education system in this cannot produce the people needed. My society is rotting from within. The US could fall off the face of the world and China might blink but little else.

Russia is convenient for China too. All those resources just sitting there waiting. Russia needs to work with China, China needs Russia. Russian fleets are not cruising armed and dangerous off Chinas coasts and interfering. All of Asia will benefit from the new Silk Road. It's going to change the world as we know it and as I said the US may well be irrelevant unless they try to destroy it which they may just be desperate and stupid enough to try.

https://www.loganspace.com/russia/ch...sia-and-india/

Do some research.
This comment puzzles me.

I happen to live in the real world, here on EARTH

The only part that I agree with, is that there are a number of problems facing the US that need to be addressed. Education is obviously an important point and you won’t find me arguing there. But here’s the thing, if you believe that the US is in a terrible state, then I fail to see how either Russia, China or India are doing better. They all suffer from income inequality in a way that far exceeds the US, so that would hardly work out in their favour.

The South China Sea doesn’t belong to China. Every country has a right to those waters. Who is provoking who? China tried to claim a bunch of islands from Japan in recent years.

China is also India’s largest trading partner, but the two nations are not exactly on good terms politically as India has accused China of making incursions into its territory.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:15 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,495,021 times
Quote:
OK. Everyone has the right to his point of view.

btw, erasure and Scrat are old wise people. I recommend sometimes listening to them.
Seriously. Throwing around a bunch of conspiracy theories without using solid reasoning can hardly be considered wise.
Just recently, erasure posted a comment about everything falling under biblical prophecy. As an educated person, do you really believe that karma and religion belong in this conversation? We are discussing politics here and she just throws a bunch of random nonsense to try and justify her point.

I tried listening to her and scratt, sadly there is little in the way of intelligent discourse to be had with either of them. If you want to have an intelligent conversation with someone who doesn’t throw around hocus pocus, then go to grega94. That poster is the least bias out of all of them on this board as they are able to engage in constructive criticism in such a way that showcases the limitations of both the Western side and Russia.

DKM and myself are also willing to engage in civil discourse that addresses the points of contention.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:23 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I was talking about the RFE in the 90's.

So did I. When you read about Yukos and Khodorkovsky as a good example, they both hale straight from the nineties.

And Putin (and/or whomever he works through: Rosneft, or whatever entity) has continued to contract with US and Canadian oil companies. No one needed to break up Russia in order to get oil concessions.

Breaking Russia up and weakening her was the first initial step, the next step was shifting Russia's natural resources in the hands of the few, loyal to money and American interests. ( That was the whole idea behind the "economic reforms of the nineties.") Then these "chosen few," the oligarchs, were willingly transferring/sharing the control over Russia' resources to foreign owners.
That's why I brought Yukos as an example;

Yukos had five Americans on its board, and Khodorkovsky's charity "Open Russia" listed Henry Kissinger and Lord (Jacob) Rothschild as chairmen. In 2001 the company donated $1 million to the Library of Congress Open World Program, to aid the development of Russian leadership and rule of law, in part by funding Russian judges to visit and observe United States courts.[31]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukos

And that's what has been touted as "international cooperation."

Putin has put a stop to it - to this transfer/sharing of ownership, and booted specifically the oligarchs that were conductive of such ideas. Those who followed his lead he kept.
And of course he didn't stop dealing with western oil companies. He continued doing it, just on different terms. ( That's why I've said that he "spoiled all the fun.")))

Old 10-06-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Are you referring to gog and magog of the end times?
Yes.

Quote:
It is true that many American evangelicals believe Russia and China to be gog and Magog, though sometimes they think it’s Iran rather than China.
I don't think it's "Russia and China"; everything I know about Russia makes me think that it's the ultimate country of duality, that's why it's identified as "Gog and Ma-gog." So the warning to "Gog" living in Ma-gog land only makes sense.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
China is not Russia’s friend. They may find some common ground, but there is still a high level of mistrust between the two nations.
Why would China favour Russia over the US when the latter is its largest trading partner? Even the Silk Road you mentioned excludes Russia.

China has its own ambitions, so it's not about "friendship." It's about partnering with someone, who is useful to fulfill your ambitions.

Quote:
Biblical sense? Is this the religion forum? Russia can only rally Iran out of that list, and trust me on this most Iranians would choose the US over it, if the sanctions get removed.
Why should I trust you? It's absolutely not the case, because Iran has got its Islamic revolution at the first place, because of American manipulations with previous Iranian government)))

Quote:
China is too big to fall under Russia’s sphere of influence and India is another growing power far too big for Russia to control. Then there’s the fact that both China and India mistrust each other.
It's not about "control," it's about "teaming up" and skillful manipulation of politics/economy.

Quote:
Why would this so called god (which god are you talking about?) care about who runs the world?
I really hope this was meant as a joke, because if not, you just lost all credibility. This place is for serious discussions not some karma, pseudoscience bs.

Well what can I say - I live in awfully non serious country, that writes "in god we trust" on its money and recite the pledge of allegiance as in "one nation under God."
So why should I argue)))

Last edited by erasure; 10-06-2017 at 07:46 PM..

Old 10-06-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Just wow.
What a complete turnaround comparably to the previous visit of prince Bandar before the Olympic games in Sochi, when he was trying to blackmail Putin by Chechnia.
Just WOW.
Of course Prince Bandar was well-connected in Washington, and as the word has it, he was a mastermind behind unseating Assad.
How the times changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0_-zQpmDik

Old 10-06-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I'm sure they discussed Syria.
...and most likely oil.
Somehow I always had a premonition that the low oil prices will not stay around forever, that at certain point in time they will start skyrocketing uncontrollably.
Don't know why, I just think so.
But may be that's the first sign of it - the history in the making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe