Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is your country more racist towards Muslims or Blacks(non muslim)
Muslims 20 76.92%
Blacks 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 05:15 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,956,299 times

Advertisements

Can start of by saying Sweden is slightly more wary of Muslims. We do not hate them but the increasing crime especially in Malmo is causing the locals to be wary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 05:18 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
All Europeans will vote "Muslims"

Old 05-23-2014, 05:36 PM

131 posts, read 168,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
All Europeans will vote "Muslims"
And Americans.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 PM

854 posts, read 1,141,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergodela View Post
And Americans.
Second that.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:39 AM

520 posts, read 1,515,360 times
Hard to tell. Muslims.
However, it's a bit awkward to differentiate between "Blacks" and "Muslims" in my opinion, because the one group is a race and the other one is a religion. For instance, there are Muslim Africans and some white European Muslims from Bosnia or Albania etc. It seems that the vast majority of Blacks in Europe have a Christian background, though. Therefore many perceive "Blacks" as "Christian" or more integrated than the Turkish, Arab or Berber immigrants. Another factor could be the history of the communities. It's obvious that e.g. Blacks from the Antilles or Suriname who are native Dutch speakers, Protestant and also have Dutch surnames are less problematic for integration than Moroccan guest workers who still have religious values and an ultra-conservative ideology like their rural home regions had in the 1960s.

Another factor is the sheer community size. For instance, most Germans would argue that Muslims are "worse" because there are about 4 Mio. people of Middle Eastern descent living here (primarily Turkey, Morocco, Lebanon) and about 0.5-1 Mio. people who would be perceived "Black" in the U.S. (primarily biracial Afro-Germans and West African immigrants). The latter tend to be overwhelmingly Christian and less "present" in street life and the society than e.g. the Turks or Arabs.

Generally you just can't say which group is worse than the other. You always find pricks and scumbags but also decent and courteous persons in any community.
The only exception seems to be the percentage of scumbags in the respective community. That's the reason why Europeans aren't that positive if being confronted with anything "Muslim". If 70%+ of felony crimes in cities like Berlin, Oslo, Copenhagen, Brussels or Amsterdam is committed by Muslim (=Arab, Turkish, Pakistani, Berber) youngsters when those communities make up only 5-20% of the total population....then there must be something wrong with "Muslim" parenting or the integration policies

Old 05-24-2014, 06:57 AM

603 posts, read 1,632,356 times
Muslims obviously.

I can assiocate more with Blacks and other minorities than I can with Muslims.

Muslims are just too annoying, miserable, awkward, untrustworthy and overpowering.

I do not hate them though but do not like only their attitude and just cannot trust them.

Off course not all Muslims are like this.

Only certain Muslims are a bit less annoying, untrustworthy and overpowering.

It is your Brown/Olive skinned types that seem to carry a certain behaviour which I do not like with some it even bordering on racism to others.

They even have certain patterns of behaviours and even in looks.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...e_1770381c.jpg
https://tothewire.files.wordpress.co..._071119_mn.jpg
http://jang.com.pk/jang/jun2013-dail...2013_467_1.gif
http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-conte...ale._thumb.jpg
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...t_2375644b.jpg

Old 05-24-2014, 07:36 AM

251 posts, read 396,561 times
I don't think Eastern Europe have many blacks or muslims, other than Russia. They're probably most racist to gypsies.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:21 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,489,002 times
Muslims, they are not adapted to society and don't usually respect culture. No problems with blacks.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:23 AM

520 posts, read 1,515,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
Hard to tell. Muslims.
However, it's a bit awkward to differentiate between "Blacks" and "Muslims" in my opinion, because the one group is a race and the other one is a religion. For instance, there are Muslim Africans and some white European Muslims from Bosnia or Albania etc. It seems that the vast majority of Blacks in Europe have a Christian background, though. Therefore many perceive "Blacks" as "Christian" or more integrated than the Turkish, Arab or Berber immigrants. Another factor could be the history of the communities. It's obvious that e.g. Blacks from the Antilles or Suriname who are native Dutch speakers, Protestant and also have Dutch surnames are less problematic for integration than Moroccan guest workers who still have religious values and an ultra-conservative ideology like their rural home regions had in the 1960s.

Another factor is the sheer community size. For instance, most Germans would argue that Muslims are "worse" because there are about 4 Mio. people of Middle Eastern descent living here (primarily Turkey, Morocco, Lebanon) and about 0.5-1 Mio. people who would be perceived "Black" in the U.S. (primarily biracial Afro-Germans and West African immigrants). The latter tend to be overwhelmingly Christian and less "present" in street life and the society than e.g. the Turks or Arabs.

Generally you just can't say which group is worse than the other. You always find pricks and scumbags but also decent and courteous persons in any community.
The only exception seems to be the percentage of scumbags in the respective community. That's the reason why Europeans aren't that positive if being confronted with anything "Muslim". If 70%+ of felony crimes in cities like Berlin, Oslo, Copenhagen, Brussels or Amsterdam is committed by Muslim (=Arab, Turkish, Pakistani, Berber) youngsters when those communities make up only 5-20% of the total population....then there must be something wrong with "Muslim" parenting or the integration policies
I just saw the headline which states "Blacks (non-Muslims)", so my first section is needless. Sorry.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:34 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Hard to say.

Albanians, Bosnians, Turks, Kurds, Moroccans and Indian Muslims are very well integrated into the Finnish culture, and hardly experience any racism. Ask a German or Dutch, and they might have another opinion.

Somalians, Congolese, Nigerians, Iraqians, Iranians and Afghans are generally not very well integrated, and may encounter racism, both on the job market and on the street. Some are Muslims, some are non-muslim Blacks.

So I would say "national" racism is far more common instead of classifying just people within a race or religion.
One reason is probably that the Finnish immigration and refugee policy has been very smart on this matter. The immigration groups are many, but small in numbers, so that so called Moroccan, Black African or Turkish suburbs or communities "outside" the majority can't be formed. And there's not a common large group of immigrants that can be used as a scapegoat. I would guess the number of nationalities in Finland is about the same as in Sweden, though we only have 1/4 of the percentage of people with foreign ancestry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe