Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:07 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,356,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCostello View Post
what if you say you had no tax returns, no property leases, no utility bills, no contracts of employment and no bank statements? What do they check then?
Just registered at Oxford's registration page. They just asked, whether you currently live in the UK and you have to enter an address. So, I guess you are good to go when you have some relatives in the UK that can forward everything they send to you.
And they ask whether you are a dual citizen or not. But... I guess you don't necessarily have to tell them that you are American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 04:20 AM

1,395 posts, read 2,529,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCostello View Post
what if you say you had no tax returns, no property leases, no utility bills, no contracts of employment and no bank statements? What do they check then?
Dole rolls?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:19 AM

287 posts, read 518,319 times
Very interesting! So Oxford wants to know if we have dual citizenship... I wonder for what purpose? To raise a red flag for them perhaps? Sounds a bit discriminatory.

In my case my kids' schooling (and transcripts) is all in the US so it would be difficult to prove EU residency.

Also, if we don't qualify for home tuition rates, I gather we'd have to pay the full international rate. That sounds harsh!

I appreciate all the answers so far. I am intrigued!

Old 08-18-2014, 07:00 AM

24,741 posts, read 11,066,957 times
Why do you not contact admissions to clarify your question?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:52 AM

287 posts, read 518,319 times
@threestep…just got my answer…

"Thank you for your enquiry.

Citizenship itself does not determine your status for fees purposes. The issue is decided according to the facts of each case, looking at the student’s nationality or immigration status and where the student has been 'ordinarily resident' for the three-year period to 31 August prior to commencing a course at a British University. 'Ordinary residence' means 'residing in a country for a 'settled purpose'. In most cases, the main purpose of this residence must not have been education. The regulations the University uses to decide your status for fees purposes are the same as those used by all English universities. Further information on these regulations is available at Fee classification - University of Oxford.
Independent information on fee classification can be obtained from the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA), an organisation that provides advice on fee and visa issues to international students, UKCISA - Home.

If you would like to pursue further the matter of your status for fees purposes, please email fees.clerk@admin.ox.ac.uk with any relevant evidence you are able to provide, and we will be pleased to advise you further on the matter. Unfortunately if you have not yet made an application we are unable to provide advice on what your fee status is likely to be.

Please note that the application process is the same for all candidates, regardless of where they are from. Please see ox.ac.uk/apply."

Thanks all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe