Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:24 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,542,458 times

Advertisements

which place of the 3 would be worth more visiting.

I hear all 3 countries have cool landmarks also,

but don't know much about Albania or Romania or Slovenia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 03:33 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Slovenia. Then Romania in 2nd place. It's a tough call, really.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:52 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,608 times
I'm Slovenian but there is no way Slovenia can be as interesting as Romania. Albania is as close to a no-go zone as Europe gets.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:53 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,887,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I'm Slovenian but there is no way Slovenia can be as interesting as Romania. Albania is as close to a no-go zone as Europe gets.
Actually it's a pretty nice country with wonderful landscapes and beaches and it has a low amount of tourists.
Romania is the top though, besides being the larger than the two others combined, it has a lot to offer: cities, landscapes, rivers, lots of history.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:38 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,173,029 times
I havent been to those three...but ROMANIA seems to be the more popular and interesting of the 3....by most consensuses.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Well, yes. I was thinking that, too. Slovenia has more dramatic scenery, but Romania isn't lacking for scenery, either. And it has a fascinating history, lots of castles, wonderful folk music and traditions, beautiful national parks for hiking, and much more.

It all depends on what the traveler's interests are.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:16 PM

2,869 posts, read 5,134,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
which place of the 3 would be worth more visiting.

I hear all 3 countries have cool landmarks also,

but don't know much about Albania or Romania or Slovenia
Not sure what your standards for "worth visiting" are. Romania is about 10 times as large as the other two and has a very varied landscape, if you have 2 weeks for visiting and strangely wanted to limit yourself to one of those 3 countries then Romania for sure. However Slovenia is surrounded by other interesting places, in my mind it would be more likely to be included in a two-week trip (along with Venice and/or Croatia and/or Vienna/Budapest/Prague) than Romania.

I had an amazing time in Slovenia. People are laidback, Ljubljana (and Bled and Maribor and Piran) is pretty, standards of living are high, Alps and coast look great..

Albania has a few interesting features but I think most people would go there in addition to Croatia/Montenegro and/or Greece, not instead of those places. Lake Ohrid is on my bucket list though.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 4 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,913,974 times
Slovenia, Romania, and Albania are quite an arbitrary collection of countries to talk about together in a topic.They all represent vastly different cultures and ethnic groups of people in a nationalistic mindset of existence.

I traveled in Romania this past summer in Middle of July to Early August for 15 days and definitely an incredible experience to my life. My journey in Romania is not like an average tourist because my parents are from Romania, me and my sibling technically have Romanian ethnic heritage, and I have tons of family members living in Romania around Bucharest, Constanta, Eforie Sud, Tuzla. I stayed in a family member’s villa house in a traditional Romanian village and no hotels. This was my 3rd time visiting Romania. I respect, and enjoy my time in Romania, a multidimensional country filled in depth of experience and main events.

People often mistake Slovenia to Slovakia just because they have similar country names, and same geographic sized countries in close proximity to Austria. They are not the same at all, and have an abundance of differences to separate their country identity. I think there is more of a tourism appeal in Slovenia compared to Albania and a really stunning exact geographic location influencing culture, and lifestyle there. Albania doesn’t strike me as a place with much tourist infrastructure for foreign tourism yet compared to a majority of other European countries. However, Albania is not entirely deficient or devoid of pleasant scenery. My overall personal preference out of these countries are Romania 1st, Slovenia 2nd, and Albania in 3rd place of ranks.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Slovenia, Romania, and Albania are quite an arbitrary collection of countries to talk about together in a topic.They all represent vastly different cultures and ethnic groups of people in a nationalistic mindset of existence.

I traveled in Romania this past summer in Middle of July to Early August for 15 days and definitely an incredible experience to my life. My journey in Romania is not like an average tourist because my parents are from Romania, me and my sibling technically have Romanian ethnic heritage, and I have tons of family members living in Romania around Bucharest, Constanta, Eforie Sud, Tuzla. I stayed in a family member’s villa house in a traditional Romanian village and no hotels. This was my 3rd time visiting Romania. I respect, and enjoy my time in Romania, a multidimensional country filled in depth of experience and main events.
Romania is fabulous! Congrats on a great visit! Have you been to Sinaia, or anywhere in Transylvania, yet?

Old 08-26-2014, 02:07 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 4 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,913,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Romania is fabulous! Congrats on a great visit! Have you been to Sinaia, or anywhere in Transylvania, yet?
Yeah, I agree with you about Romania. I love traveling, and I just went on a 1 month adventure all over European continent in 5 countries of Europe including Romania, France, Czech Republic, Austria, and Slovakia.

I went to Transylvania region of Romania in Carpathian mountains right around Sinaia to Brasov another time around 7 years ago in my 2nd time visiting Romania when I was 16 years old. I didn’t go there this time around because my main theme was visiting Bucharest, and Romanian coastline cities, towns, and villages in Constanta county Southeastern Romania, not enough time to visit other regions of Romania when traveling to other countries in Europe.

I feel Transylvania Carpathian mountains area of Romania is very different from Southeastern coastal Romania almost like different countries in the same country because of scenery, ethnic demographics, historical background, and architecture. There is unique charm in each region, although I prefer beach towns of Romania for now compared to mountains.

However, there is a relative abundance of castles, and Gypsy houses in Transylvania not found in Southeastern Romania: 1. http://www.romanianmonasteries.org/i...le-Sinaia4.jpg 2. http://wallpapersus.com/wallpapers/2...a-800x1280.jpg 3. http://worldalldetails.com/article_i...nia_615089.jpg 4. http://xaxor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/013.jpg

Have you visited Romania? Is your ethnic heritage Romanian or Russian, or something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe