Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 03:36 PM

564 posts, read 746,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
They are quite hairy. Look at the arms!
Need to see a picture. Even if true if they're pretty I don't care, not a fan of the shaven look anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 03:51 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
I can "talk turkey" when I need to!

Old 09-08-2014, 04:23 PM

605 posts, read 669,143 times
So far I know it is one of the more moderate Muslim countries where you are free to see women in bikinis/miniskirts, drink a beer, etc. I also know that they are a NATO member and that there is a huge economic boom taking place there even rivaling China in some aspects.

I might actually be going to Istanbul in December though so hopefully I will get to experience it for myself.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:25 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,258,967 times
I've been in Antalya years ago. It was in december and the temperatures were still around 20C, loved that! The food was good and the people were nice.
We only had 5 days but if i'd go there again i would go more into the country though.

I know it's a big, diverse country. Heard it has hundreds of km of underground rivers, and an underground city. Would love to see that some time.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:30 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zntTURKEY View Post
As you understand from my name ''zntTurkey'' I'm Turkish. And I wanna know that what do you know about my country Turkey.About our culture, our cities, our food etc.

Have you ever gone or heard about the most beautiful cities of Turkey such as BURSA,İSTANBUL, MARDİN, ANTALYA, İZMİR, KONYA, TRABZON, ERZURUM, AMASYA, EDİRNE, ADIYAMAN? etc.

Have you ever tasted or heard about the BAKLAVA of Gaziantep, İCE CREAM of Kahraman Maraş, KEBAB of Adana, PITE of Konya, KÃœNEFE of Hatay etc.

Have you ever seen or heard about the naturel beauties of Turkey like CAPPADOCIA (Nevşehir), PAMUKKALE (Denizli) , BALIKLIGÖL (Şanlı Urfa), IHLARA VALLEY (Aksaray), DÃœDEN WATERFALLS (Antalya)? etc.

I have been to turkey twice and visited the highlighted places, like most Aussies who have been to turkey I have also been to the Gallipoli Peninsular (Not on Anzac Day Though), I have seen much of the West and South Coast and have been East as far as Mt Nemrut. I did not go up to the the Black Sea Coastal areas however.

Quite simply I loved the country, that's why I went back for a second look.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 09-08-2014 at 11:45 PM..

Old 09-08-2014, 11:55 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Tekirdağ is a pilgrimage place for my people, so I have been there, aside from Istanbul as well.

Quite a difference between Turkey and all other countries I have been to, and I've been to nearly 20 so far.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:58 AM

14 posts, read 22,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
I have been to

Antalya- coast line was amazing, I loved it a lot, and golfing whoa.....
Ankara- I enjoyed almost everything there
Neveshir- Balloon tour was my favorite

Food- Mezes, I think it comes as first dish in most restaurants,.Manti, Borek that I ordered for my daughter but I like it too, adana kebab , sac kavurma, those I have tasted while we were visiting Turkey. I have tasted the ice cream but that was not my best interest, baklava I find way too sweet.

Have you ever eaten the Turkish ice cream in MADO sweetshop range ? Or in Kahraman Maraş the city that is famous for it's ice cream maden by goat milk?

Old 09-09-2014, 01:10 AM

14 posts, read 22,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
People:
Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, Hakan Sukur, Rustu Recber, Emre Belozoglu, Mesut Ozil, Arda Turan, Hamit Altintop, Halil Altintop, Nuri Sahin, Volkan Demirel, Mevlut Erdinc, Burak Yilmaz, Umut Bulut, Ilkay Gundogan, Selcuk Inan, Fatih Tekke, Tuncay Sanli, Omer Toprak, Mehmet Ekici, Fatih Terim, Hidayet Turkoglu, Mehmet Okur, Ersan Ilyasova, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter, Recep Tayyip Erdogan

Cities/Towns/Villages:
Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Adana, Bursa, Antalya, Alanya, Trabzon, Konya, Kayseri, Kusadasi, Marmaris, Bodrum, Side, Manavgat, Colakli, Konakli, Avsallar, Troy, Isparta
You know lots about my country Turkey. And you know about some people that I don't know such as Ömer Toprak, Fatih Tekke, Tuncay Şanlı.How can you know as much as this about Turkey? Have you ever lived in there? Or how many times you came to Turkey? I wish in the future everybody will know about Turkey as much as you

Old 09-09-2014, 01:58 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zntTURKEY View Post
You know lots about my country Turkey. And you know about some people that I don't know such as Ömer Toprak, Fatih Tekke, Tuncay Şanlı.How can you know as much as this about Turkey? Have you ever lived in there? Or how many times you came to Turkey? I wish in the future everybody will know about Turkey as much as you

I know many countries pretty well have visited Turkey twice, both times in the Antalya province.
I just watch a lot of football (soccer) plus NBA and the boyfriend of my niece is from Turkey (Isparta).

Old 09-09-2014, 01:59 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Oh another thing about Turkey.
Has been wanting to join the EU since like last century but hasn't succeeded yet :P.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe