Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 05:00 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times

Advertisements

It seems to be a general theme, that most people assume that 50 million non-Euopeans moving to Europe is expected, and anything less, and Europeans are racist, intolerant, scum of the planet types of people. Isn't it hypocritical that it isn't reciprocal?

Does it seem like the 'diversity' and 'open' is always a one-way street? Only Europe should be, but you'd never expect it of anyone else?

Wouldn't it be better if all of Asia threw open their doors, and said 'come on in!' But, almost every Asian country has an extremely rigid rigid rigid "no way in hell" policy.

Want to move 50 million Americans or 50 million Europeans to the Philippines? To South Korea? To Iran? To Afghanistan? To China? To Indonesia? To Turkey? To Saudi Arabia? To Kenya? It's not going to happen. We could make the same arguments, but it'll be great for their economies! And that would probably be true, but it will never happen. It's so incredibly unlikely to happen, that no one even makes a remote remark that is simply even possibly could.

If one were to move 50-100 million Europeans to Asia Country X, wouldn't it have an amazing impact on their overall quality of life, if that's what they are seeking? Wouldn't there be an upheaval in their economic power on a global scale, if that is what they were seeking?

I realize this will NEVER happen, but just what if one Asian country out there, just said, "Come on in, here's your Dual Passport, start a new life here." Not just UAE allowing people to work there, but an immigrant country that really says, 'you are now one of us, just like if we'd moved to Canada or Australia', and here you go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 05:24 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
So, your point seems to be that Asians/Africans/Middle Easterners only move to Europe in order to spoil the party for us? And Europeans should do the same to them, but aren't allowed to?

Anyway, threads like this start to get boring.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 AM

24,514 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Tell me what should draw me to Iran, Afghanistan, Kenya, ...

Old 09-16-2014, 06:02 AM

692 posts, read 957,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It seems to be a general theme, that most people assume that 50 million non-Euopeans moving to Europe is expected, and anything less, and Europeans are racist, intolerant, scum of the planet types of people. Isn't it hypocritical that it isn't reciprocal?

Does it seem like the 'diversity' and 'open' is always a one-way street? Only Europe should be, but you'd never expect it of anyone else?

Wouldn't it be better if all of Asia threw open their doors, and said 'come on in!' But, almost every Asian country has an extremely rigid rigid rigid "no way in hell" policy.

Want to move 50 million Americans or 50 million Europeans to the Philippines? To South Korea? To Iran? To Afghanistan? To China? To Indonesia? To Turkey? To Saudi Arabia? To Kenya? It's not going to happen. We could make the same arguments, but it'll be great for their economies! And that would probably be true, but it will never happen. It's so incredibly unlikely to happen, that no one even makes a remote remark that is simply even possibly could.

If one were to move 50-100 million Europeans to Asia Country X, wouldn't it have an amazing impact on their overall quality of life, if that's what they are seeking? Wouldn't there be an upheaval in their economic power on a global scale, if that is what they were seeking?

I realize this will NEVER happen, but just what if one Asian country out there, just said, "Come on in, here's your Dual Passport, start a new life here." Not just UAE allowing people to work there, but an immigrant country that really says, 'you are now one of us, just like if we'd moved to Canada or Australia', and here you go.
Considering that Europeans did that to not one, not two but THREE continents (North America, South America and Australia) to the point that they completely displaced the indigenous population there, I'm wondering what the fxck you have to complain about? Did Europe not colonise the ENTIRE globe? The only reason Africans, Asians and Middle Easterners are moving to Europe is because Europe pillaged their wealth and made them impoverished in the first place.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:13 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
First off, to explain myself as the OP.

I'm very pro-immigration for the Americas and Australia. As those are IMMIGRANT NATIONS. I think they 100% should be filled with immigrants. I love the diversity and mix in those nations.

However, what I don't get is that the entire world expects Europe to be exactly the same, but there is zero expectations for other countries outside of the 'Western World' to ever open up their doors to immigrants.

I've been living in Asia for 15 years, and no one here will ever even remotely dream of allowing a ton of American or European immigrants coming in at the levels that they do in Europe. Yet, all over the Europe forums, people are calling Europeans racists and intolerant because they are allowing in those kinds of numbers, and apparently people think they aren't doing enough in that regard.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,212,438 times
I agree with Tiger Beer. It's ridiculous to criticize European nations for not allowing more immigrants while other nations would never allow it. Why don't people criticize East Asian nations for not allowing immigrants?

Old 09-16-2014, 08:40 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,343,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Lakes View Post
I agree with Tiger Beer. It's ridiculous to criticize European nations for not allowing more immigrants while other nations would never allow it. Why don't people criticize East Asian nations for not allowing immigrants?
Because they allow immigration.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:41 AM

692 posts, read 957,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
First off, to explain myself as the OP.

I'm very pro-immigration for the Americas and Australia. As those are IMMIGRANT NATIONS. I think they 100% should be filled with immigrants. I love the diversity and mix in those nations.

However, what I don't get is that the entire world expects Europe to be exactly the same, but there is zero expectations for other countries outside of the 'Western World' to ever open up their doors to immigrants.

I've been living in Asia for 15 years, and no one here will ever even remotely dream of allowing a ton of American or European immigrants coming in at the levels that they do in Europe. Yet, all over the Europe forums, people are calling Europeans racists and intolerant because they are allowing in those kinds of numbers, and apparently people think they aren't doing enough in that regard.
So you're an immigrant already and you're complaining about immigrants in Europe. Priceless

Old 09-16-2014, 09:03 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Visa's suck! I'd say open up ALL borders for people without any criminal record coming from non-Islamic countries with a GDP (PPP) per capita above $25.000.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:39 AM

314 posts, read 547,079 times
What country would Europeans want to move to? Possibly a wealthy country like Japan, but even then I'm skeptical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe