Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which indigenous European ethnic group is the closest genetically to Sub-Saharan Africans?
Albanians 1 3.03%
Greeks 5 15.15%
Italians 2 6.06%
Russians 4 12.12%
Portuguese 12 36.36%
Spaniards 2 6.06%
French 0 0%
Sicilians 7 21.21%
Macedonians 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 11:19 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,462,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
You are correct put you're going too far back in human history. Do you really think someone from China or Greenland should claim that they are African just like a Black American would?
No, I don't think that. What I'm taking exception to is the near constant talk about who's genetically closest to whom but when it comes to Africans, the tone changes to how distant they are as if they are another species and it seems some may believe they are if I dare be presumptuous.

The other point I'm making is that, if we're in agreement which we seem to be, it would mean that after North Africans and Middle-Easterners, Europeans would be the next closest despite outward appearance which again is unreliable in deciding genetic closeness as is judging by admixture which seems to be everyone's favorite around here. Now watch the strident and very long responses that will be triggered by what I just said.

Last edited by Gentoo; 10-11-2014 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 07:56 PM

8,634 posts, read 13,040,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I was trying to be sarcastic lol
Plus, I don't see the point, are you trying to underline the fact that having African admixture (whatever this term means) is negative?
I mean, considering what people "with African admixture" accomplished I don't see how.
No, that's what you were thinking.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:09 AM

76 posts, read 97,952 times
The only one is an American that had a genetic throwback to his Black ancestors, but he was born among sympathizers of the Aryan Nation...

Old 10-12-2014, 08:43 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,004,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeonardoLicaprio View Post
Americans, Aussies ,etc always talking about physical appearance, races and whatnot Europe. Such an obsession..annoying.
They probably go around and point at some mixed race person and think, hmmm I wonder what haplogroups are in this person? Maybe 175920ab, or maybe 9874232z!

Old 10-12-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Americans, Aussies ,etc always talking about physical appearance, races and whatnot Europe. Such an obsession..annoying.
lol. Who do you think the Americans and Australians learned it from? I think that answer is pretty obvious.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
We are in 2014, and most of the culture and ethnicity in those two countries was imported from UK puritans and Irish catholics. However you dont see Brits asking those questions over and over, its the aussies or americans who keep asking the same, who is whiter, who is blonders, who is more or less related to asia, africa, are italian arab? etc...
It's sort of like a person who comes to a town and contaminates and pollutes the water and then wonders why the people living in that town are suffering the long term effects of that person's actions. Sounds a little familiar doesn't it?

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 10-12-2014 at 12:33 PM..

Old 10-12-2014, 12:59 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,413,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
Genetics is VERY COMPLEX, IT IS ONE OF THE MOST DIFFICULT SCIENCES TO LEARN, far more than chemistry, physics, and such....

It is IMPOSSIBLE to know which European nation is closer to Sub-saharian Africans because we would have to look at thousands of years of history, cultural interactions, individual people's stories and so on....

I often find funny how a lot of these 20 year olds who participate in forums that talk about races, do not really understand the concept of what race is, and then consider themselves experts on the field of genetics because they go to a stupid forum!!!!

The concept of race is socially constructed.

I can bear with people saying white people, Black people I can bear that.

But calling a group of people "Caucasoid, Mongoloid" or such is stupid.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:05 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,462,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post

Exactly!

Old 10-12-2014, 02:14 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,896,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post

I'd love it would stop there, nope!
They do even analyse every single gene you have, so that you aren't "Black" but "21,5% Caucasoid,12,5 % Ashkenazi, 27,8 % Armenoid etc".

Old 10-12-2014, 11:42 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,004,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I'd love it would stop there, nope!
They do even analyse every single gene you have, so that you aren't "Black" but "21,5% Caucasoid,12,5 % Ashkenazi, 27,8 % Armenoid etc".
There is also no such thing as white or black, really. Those are colonial inventions. Before colonialism, the peoples of Europe only knew themselves as British, French, Spanish, etc. None of this white people this, Mediterranean people that bull****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe