Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 05:45 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times

Advertisements

I used to love Eurovison because its languages and difference of songs. Sadly those days are mostly passed but hopely not forever. Europe, hear my voes and please please use all your own languages next time!

Thanks to those very few which are participating not in english. These brave songs are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA3wOKHpzEU&gl=GB
Voltaj - De la capăt / All Over Again - (Romania) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4giAO-2aICo&gl=SE
Knez - Adio (Montenegro) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETI6rc3-XOo&gl=SE
Leonor Andrade - Há Um Mar Que Nos Separa (Portugal) Impression of first rehearsal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG_WJU2s5ho&gl=SE
Lisa Angell - N'oubliez pas (France) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TEpHTVWXnM&gl=GB
Il Volo - Grande Amore (Italy) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-g92hNNbPQ&gl=SE
Edurne - Amanecer (Spain) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEiM6l5meQI&gl=GB
Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Aina mun pitää

Thank you really much , special thanks to these 7 countries and songs of total 40 which use own languages. It is the soul of the Eurovision which comes to my opinion, the beauty, which is an beautiful subject to few songs in english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJrJVsOQwEc&gl=GB
Bojana Stamenov - Beauty Never Lies (Serbia) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest

Also for the hope I lift this song up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_o44RdxYTY&gl=GB
Marta Jandová and Václav Noid Bárta - Hope Never Dies (Czech Republic) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest

All songs are available in eurovision page.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 Second Semi-Final | All participants | Eurovision Song Contest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 07:51 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,488,519 times
It is a shame that too many good songs do not receive points just because they are not in English It is a shame also that votes are more political reasons and friendship than a quality of music

Old 05-14-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
It is a shame that too many good songs do not receive points just because they are not in English It is a shame also that votes are more political reasons and friendship than a quality of music
Do you have any favourites this year?

Old 05-14-2015, 09:15 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,443,600 times
I watch the show every year with my sister (and sometimes even my parents). We usually enjoy it, in particular the countries presentations that often are as interesting as the songs. But I agree with you that the "alliances and strategies" in the voting part are a shame, and in particular it is a shame that San Marino never votes for us! (just joking of course).

Also I would like to hear more songs in languages other than English, and I would also like to have subtitles to understand the song lyrics (even when they are in English I have still some problems with the lyrics, and so at the end the only song I can fully understand is our one).
However, for UK, Ireland and Australia shouldn't be blamed for this because in practice their language is English.
(btw, did someone understood why is Australia participating this year?)

This year I still don't have a favorite song, I just hope that we will manage to do better than last year (just to remember our country presentation of last year, in which our singer prepared an "Italian flag" with basil, mozzarella and tomatoes, my face turns like this )

Old 05-14-2015, 09:23 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,589 times
^^Well, it was Emma, i didn't expect any better from her.

I feel like we have a decent chance to win or the first time since 2011, even though the song isn't in English, i'm not too fond o it but it's a particular mixture of lyric and pop music. The group is also quite well known abroad or so it seems, their debut album actually made the top 10 in Austria, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Mexico, Argentina and the USA.

Anyway the Eurovision is so weird i actually enjoy watching it, it's a mixture of politics and (mostly low level) music although there are a few gems once in a while.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
I watch the show every year with my sister (and sometimes even my parents). We usually enjoy it, in particular the countries presentations that often are as interesting as the songs. But I agree with you that the "alliances and strategies" in the voting part are a shame, and in particular it is a shame that San Marino never votes for us! (just joking of course).

Also I would like to hear more songs in languages other than English, and I would also like to have subtitles to understand the song lyrics (even when they are in English I have still some problems with the lyrics, and so at the end the only song I can fully understand is our one).
However, for UK, Ireland and Australia shouldn't be blamed for this because in practice their language is English.
(btw, did someone understood why is Australia participating this year?)

This year I still don't have a favorite song, I just hope that we will manage to do better than last year (just to remember our country presentation of last year, in which our singer prepared an "Italian flag" with basil, mozzarella and tomatoes, my face turns like this )
What I heard Australia asked to get in during several past years and now they gave in I was thinking to mention english as native language but I clearly meant those whos native language it is not. Maybe I was just lazy to count number of them.

Good luck for you, I wish you get more votes

About australia http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?i..._in_eurovision

Old 05-14-2015, 09:46 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
The road is paved for the Finnish entry, so probably we won't gonna win.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:52 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,443,600 times
thanks soUlwounD, I's interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
^^Well, it was Emma, i didn't expect any better from her.

I feel like we have a decent chance to win or the first time since 2011, even though the song isn't in English, i'm not too fond o it but it's a particular mixture of lyric and pop music. The group is also quite well known abroad or so it seems, their debut album actually made the top 10 in Austria, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Mexico, Argentina and the USA.

Anyway the Eurovision is so weird i actually enjoy watching it, it's a mixture of politics and (mostly low level) music although there are a few gems once in a while.
And then the group that represent us this year is used to sing live, so they have good chances to do a good performance, as they already did in the Sanremo festival with the same song.

I hope that we will get a better results too!

Old 05-14-2015, 10:08 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,815,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urania93 View Post
thanks soUlwounD, I's interesting!

And then the group that represent us this year is used to sing live, so they have good chances to do a good performance, as they already did in the Sanremo festival with the same song.

I hope that we will get a better results too!
This year we have a decent chance, but after watching the Eurofestival for a few years now, the win will be taken either by a cathy dancepop song or by a highly controversial one.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:23 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
Can't wait for Eurovision. Not too fussed about which language songs are sung in so long as there's plenty of weirdness and campness!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe