Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 06:59 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,483,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Phew, yeah. It's getting unbearable right now. Just like I remember from right after the war. Food is scarce. Employment? Pah, all those sand muftis are stealing that from us.

Protests in Sevilla:
Seriously?! Are you that uninformed? No, I don't think so. I think this is trolling. Everyone, this is not KKK. It is Semana Santa in Spain. Good grief.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:03 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,922,382 times
I think he's joking. lol

Old 10-30-2015, 08:31 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,356,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I think he's joking. lol
No, we really ran out of food and the KKK is patrolling the streets of Spain

Old 10-31-2015, 03:34 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,131,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I think he's joking. lol
At times it's hard to know if someone's joking, the number of people confusing the Nazarenos with the KKK is too high...

Old 10-31-2015, 07:24 AM

212 posts, read 209,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPATHIAN View Post
How about getting a history book or at least Wikipedia article? you would spare me of needing to give you basic history classes.

Before the islamic conquest of Mediterranean Basin in 7th century, Arabian language was spoken ONLY in Arabian Peninsula.
Aramaic language is a language with 3,000 years of written history. It was the lingua franca of Near East, of the Assirian and Babylonian empires in the first millenium BCE, up to the Macedonian conquest. It was spoken on a wide territory because of those empires that used it in the territories conquered by them but the origin and its core use was on the territory of Syria. Syria was the cradle of oldest human civilisations, together with Israel and Southern Turkey and the Aramaic language was spoken on the territory of Syria for millenia, possibly for up to 10 millenia BCE, when Neolithic (agriculture and superior material culture) appearead here for the first time in human history (same happened with the ancestor of Jewish language, the Canaanite language, which likely was spoken since the dawn of Neolithic on the territory of Israel).

Ofcourse there were a number of natives, aka Syrians, that in various degrees adopted the Hellenistic culture, learned Greek language, but most of Syrians remained Aramaic speaking. Religiously, before the Christianisation, a syncretism manifested between the Greek and the Syrian pantheons, as was happening between cohabiting cultures everywhere else in Mediterrana.

Possibly, they were as naive as today Europeans.

Roman Arabia, the Roman Province
If course, the language known now as Arab was only spoken by beduins and tribes in Arabia Felix, a section of Arabia now occupied by Gulf States and that were very rich thanks to myrrh.

Nabatean trade routes, Nabateans were Arabs, all along Pre-islamic Arabia during the 7th Century. Nabateans were from Arabia Petra. Of course, there were hundreds of religions and languages, but the Language of Arabia Felix was imposed. (Arabie Hereuse in the map).

Syrians, from the Roman province of Syria, were also called Graeco-Syrians by Romans, most of them, or at least cultured people, spoke Greek or Koines, and some also Latin. Their culture became Hellenistic, as can be attested by ruins. Of course, as in all the empire there were pockets of people that preserved their language. But Koines was the lingua franca. Koines was some sort of pidgin Greek spoken in all the area. Precisely, they were prized as slaves because they knew three to five language, physics, geometry, etc.

Last edited by pampliment; 10-31-2015 at 07:46 AM..

Old 10-31-2015, 07:51 AM

212 posts, read 209,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
It's not all of Europe, about half the countries are letting everyone in. Eastern Europe is not letting any in. I'll respect each countries' sovereignty to do what they want, but letting everyone in for any reason will ruin any society. There are way more very poor people in the world than rich people, literally billions of people would move to Europe or North America if allowed. It could work out or it could be like the Native Americans helping the first White settlers out with the first Thanksgiving. I'm just amazed that you can't have a discussion about the crisis without being called a racist if you want some restraints or to have your borders respected. It seems like White Guilt is a big problem. (Notice Turks don't have Armenia guilt).

I do feel for the people in places like Syria and Iraq but letting their millions of hurting people into countries with different cultures is not the answer. We could give Turkey more money to shelter the displaced people living in their country. You know how many refugees Saudi Arabia has let in? Zero. And a good percent of the current refugees aren't even from Syria or Iraq but from the Balkans. Hungary was considering a border fence last year before any Syrians started coming.

The people that are a pain in the butt here are Eastern Europeans, they are in every corner begging for money and there are bands of them stealing copper. Bands of pickpockets. Bands of former soldiers ramsacking country houses. Those are the real problem.

Syrians, I haven't seen them and I don't think they are criminals.

Old 10-31-2015, 07:58 AM

14,192 posts, read 22,796,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Europeans are very soft people.
I don't necessarily agree. Many of their governments are certainly soft, especially in northern and western Europe, but more and more people in those countries seem to be protesting against the unfettered migration of Muslims.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:41 AM

45 posts, read 35,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampliment View Post
The people that are a pain in the butt here are Eastern Europeans, they are in every corner begging for money and there are bands of them stealing copper. Bands of pickpockets. Bands of former soldiers ramsacking country houses. Those are the real problem.

Syrians, I haven't seen them and I don't think they are criminals.
I think this is one of the reasons why Central Europe is being so soft on the refugees. The UK has serious problems with Pakistanis because they are lower class, while France has serious problems with Muslims who tend to be lower class. While Muslims in Germany tend to be lower class, they have been less of a problem.

Old 10-31-2015, 11:57 AM

3,573 posts, read 3,812,243 times
all of europe isn't ****ed, but many of the countries in northern and central europe certainly are. there will be civil war in many countries within 20 years.

Old 10-31-2015, 12:00 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,862,361 times
Europe need him to put things in order:

88!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe