Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 02:19 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
The same way we deal with the death of women at the hands of their white partners, do you know how many women have died since the new year started?
Do you think we suffer violence only by the hand of other ethnicities? But I don't see a single post raising alarm over anything but rape by arabic looking men.
I don't think the OP is suggesting that German men don't do their share of raping and assaulting. The point being that no one wants more of this thing to go on than already is and that it reflects a cultural mindset that is antithetical to Germans. In Germany (and most western nations), such actions are socially unacceptable for men to do and are vehemently enforced. In most North African & Arabic/Persian nations, men may get a slap in the hand, but women will be punished for being raped. At best, their cry for justice is just ignored. These young men very well could get away with what they did if they were in Damascus or Islamabad, but they won't in Europe.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-06-2016 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 01-05-2016, 02:23 PM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,446 times
Quote:
Is it normal that you only care about violence perpetrated against women when they're white and their agressors are not?
Please, find me 1000 "white" (who mentioned race?) aggressors who purposefully reunite in one place and then unleash a series of sexual assaults and robberies.
Secondly, German criminals are one thing and as Germans unfortunately they are a burden that Germans have to endure, these people have nothing to do in Europe and are a burden that Europeans should not tolerate.
Unless you believe that that horde was simply thanking Germany for being hosted at the expense of German taxpayers.
Thirdly, that I "only care about violence on white women by non-white aggressors" is just a fantasy of your mind, keep what I care or not out of the thread and discuss the topic.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:26 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
If it's a cultural mindset antithetical to Germans (btw, I've been harassed and groped by German men. My impression was it's part of the mind-set of a significant percentage of men there), why didn't the police do more about it?

From one of the articles on the incident:

Police handling of the incident has come under scrutiny. According to reports, the police response was grossly inadequate. Only 10 officers were dispatched to the station following complaints of sexual assaults. Police were also criticized for making only five arrests despite security cameras at the scene of the crimes.

While some have raised questions about claims that the men were migrants, some media reports said that police found the arrested men carrying official immigration papers

It doesn't sound like police were too concerned about their female fellow-citizens, nor about bringing justice to bear.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:31 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
I don't defend the perpetrators but let's stay to the facts: the Cologne police is investigating one case of rape.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:31 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Please, find me 1000 "white" (who mentioned race?) aggressors who purposefully reunite in one place and then unleash a series of sexual assaults and robberies.
Secondly, German criminals are one thing and as Germans unfortunately they are a burden that Germans have to endure, these people have nothing to do in Europe and are a burden that Europeans should not tolerate.
Unless you believe that that horde was simply thanking Germany for being hosted at the expense of German taxpayers.
Thirdly, that I "only care about violence on white women by non-white aggressors" is just a fantasy of your mind, keep what I care or not out of the thread and discuss the topic.
You must not have read the articles carefully. They weren't part of a "horde" that was being hosted at the expense of taxpayers. They were legal immigrants, which means it's likely they had jobs.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:35 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
The fact that police handling is under scrutiny is far more than a citizen would get in the Middle East. But, if there is video of the assaults, then hopefully there will be further arrests. From what I read, the police were under represented and other people simply didn't see it or weren't around. Certainly, more could have been done though and it doesn't help fight the anti-immigrant sentiment that has been growing.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You must not have read the articles carefully. They weren't part of a "horde" that was being hosted at the expense of taxpayers. They were legal immigrants, which means it's likely they had jobs.
As far as I read, several people who were stopped were identified by their refugee documents.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:50 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I don't think the OP is suggesting that German men don't do their share of raping and assaulting. The point being that no one wants more of this thing to go on than already is and that it reflects a cultural mindset that is antithetical to Germans. In Germany (and most western nations), such actions are socially unacceptable for men to do and are vehemently enforced. In most North African & Arabic/Persian nations, men may get a slap in the hand, but women will be punished for being raped. At best, their cry for justice is just ignored. These young men very well could get away with what they did if they were in Damascus or Islamabad, but they won't in Europe.
The OP is suggesting we do something about it as if Germany didn't have laws in place. The OP isn't opening threads about women from Arabia Saudi being condemned for enduring rape because he doesn't give a **** about what happens to women unless he can push his racism.
What the OP probably knows is that this sort of news ends up with pacific muslims dealing with violence. And he's spreading them.

Quote:
Deny the purpose of this thread all you want, even OP said "I'm not racist but..." just to go on about Arabs in one of his posts, if you care to check his profile.

One unapologetic murderer confessing that he doesn't care going to jail because at least he won't have to put up with his wife anymore seems to me as sickening as a 1000 men getting together to abuse women. Maybe it's because I'm much more likely to find 1000 cases of the former, than a single one of the later.

Quote:
German criminals are a necessary evil for some reason so they can be excused. Got it.

Quote:
Oh no, I think they were being provoked by the women's attire, they should've been more appropiately dressed. Isn't that the excuse you guys use when white men rape? Funny how suddently women should be free to wear what they want depending on who's complaining, eh?

Quote:
Not a fantasy. You (As in, second person plural, whether you feel included in the group is up to you) only open threads about it when it is convenient. But be free to quote a single instance where you (Second person singular) have been talking about violence against all women, commited by all sorts of men. I'll be happy to read it.
P.S.: I will discuss what I want to, it's within the topic.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-06-2016 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: Language

Old 01-05-2016, 03:08 PM

24 posts, read 16,091 times
but it's common sense that 1000 white/european men wouldn't gather to create this mess. EVERYONE knows this. as have been said, there a many white nut-cases, but they operate alone. the problem here is that you can't call a spade a spade.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Deny the purpose of this thread all you want, even OP said "I'm not racist but..." just to go on about Arabs in one of his posts, if you care to check his profile.
I don't give a damn even if the OP's nickname is IloveHitler666KillJews, I commented the fact that happened in Cologne 5 days ago, not what the OP wrote.
I didn't even quote him.
Quote:
One unapologetic murderer confessing that he doesn't care going to jail because at least he won't have to put up with his wife anymore seems to me as sickening as a 1000 men getting together to abuse women. Maybe it's because I'm much more likely to find 1000 cases of the former, than a single one of the later.
Sure, it's so wonderful to have the entire city centre held hostage of one thousands drunkards who molest and rob people.
You can twist as much as you want, the point remains that 1,000 men reunited and unleash a series of crimes and that's episode you rarely (or even never) see normally.

Quote:
German criminals are a necessary evil for some reason so they can be excused. Got it.
No, but they are a necessary evil because they are criminals (unless you know a society where crime doesn't exist, please point it out) and because they are Germans and as native of that country.
Or do you advocate mass executions?
A fan of Hitler?

Quote:
Oh no, I think they were being provoked by the women's attire, they should've been more appropiately dressed. Isn't that the excuse you guys use when white men rape? Funny how suddently women should be free to wear what they want depending on who's complaining, eh?
Can you quote me where exactly I was justifying any rape?
Can you produce the evidence that I'm a rape apologist or you are deliberately insulting another user with lies and misinformation?
Or, before you claim the preposterous "you=2nd person plural", can you explain why you associated me with rape apologists?

Quote:
Not a fantasy. You (As in, second person plural, whether you feel included in the group is up to you) only open threads about it when it is convenient. But be free to quote a single instance where you (Second person singular) have been talking about violence against all women, commited by all sorts of men. I'll be happy to read it.
P.S.: I will discuss what I want to, it's within the topic.
Sure.
You quote me (you know, first singular pronoun), then why did you feel the need to mention or associate rape apologists with me by mentioning them in a reply to me?
Attacks ad hominem too much?

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-06-2016 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Orphaned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe