Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 11:03 AM

483 posts, read 409,850 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am planning on going to Portugal in late May 2018. I want to go to both Lisbon and Porto my question is, how much time seems adequate to visit both without having to rush? I really just want to explore each like a local and find hidden gems. I don't have a must see checklist, I like to go with the flow. I do plan on doing the day trip to Cascais/Sintra and the Muscatel wine region from Lisbon both that will be it. In Porto, I want to visit the wine region and Guimaraes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 02:22 PM

12 posts, read 13,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyNatural View Post
Hi,

I am planning on going to Portugal in late May 2018. I want to go to both Lisbon and Porto my question is, how much time seems adequate to visit both without having to rush? I really just want to explore each like a local and find hidden gems. I don't have a must see checklist, I like to go with the flow. I do plan on doing the day trip to Cascais/Sintra and the Muscatel wine region from Lisbon both that will be it. In Porto, I want to visit the wine region and Guimaraes.
Hi Newly, I´m Portuguese from Porto and in my opinion you will need at least 3 days to each city and surroundings.
I wish you a warm welcome in Portugal and enjoy our weather, food, people, win, beaches, landscapes, history and our hospitality.
Take care

Old 05-10-2017, 02:31 PM
F18

542 posts, read 529,859 times
I agree with the opinion above and I would do at least three days in each city so that you can discover the cities themselves and their surroundings. May is a very nice time to go weather-wise.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F18 View Post
I agree with the opinion above and I would do at least three days in each city so that you can discover the cities themselves and their surroundings. May is a very nice time to go weather-wise.
Thank you!

Old 05-17-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admp View Post
Hi Newly, I´m Portuguese from Porto and in my opinion you will need at least 3 days to each city and surroundings.
I wish you a warm welcome in Portugal and enjoy our weather, food, people, win, beaches, landscapes, history and our hospitality.
Take care
Thank you!!

Old 05-18-2017, 04:47 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,964,186 times
Quote:
Hi,

Hi
I would allot a minimum of 4 days in each. Longer if you want to explore the cities and do day trips.
I think you are right on target for wanting to see the sights you mention. You might include with your trip to Sintra, the beautiful town of Obidos also.
And I fell in love with Guimaraes, but it is small and easy to explore. Probably nice to spend a night in the atmospheric old town.
Coimbra also is an easy car or train ride from Porto.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Hi
I would allot a minimum of 4 days in each. Longer if you want to explore the cities and do day trips.
I think you are right on target for wanting to see the sights you mention. You might include with your trip to Sintra, the beautiful town of Obidos also.
And I fell in love with Guimaraes, but it is small and easy to explore. Probably nice to spend a night in the atmospheric old town.
Coimbra also is an easy car or train ride from Porto.
Thank you! 4 days sounds better than 3. I am even now considering 5 in the Lisbon area and 3-4 in the Porto area.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:23 PM

Have a great trip!

Old 05-21-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Have a great trip!
Thank you!! Even though its so far away, I'll be sure to post a trip report upon returning!!

Old 05-21-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Thank you!! Even though its so far away, I'll be sure to post a trip report upon returning!!
Please do report. Where you are going are my favorites and you have picked about the best time of year when it shouldn't be too hot or have much in rain. (maybe a bit in Porto).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe