Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 08:09 AM

6 posts, read 4,756 times

Advertisements

I am liberal and I think immigration is important to help keep the economy going.

But I think the unvetted immigration being carried out by Europe and Canada are causing too much harm.

Muslims have a stereotype of being lower class and being criminals, their children often falling far behind Indians/East-Asians at assimilation/integration and being a model minority. They end up in ghettos similar to the Pakistani/Bangladeshi ghettos found in America.

I think the world needs to be more restrictive with immigration requirements. They could easily copy the USA, who forcibly restricted/reported many Pakistanis in the late-2000s, and thereby saved themselves the troubles that have rocked Europe.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:57 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Many European countries have much stricter immigration laws than the US.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:07 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,771 times
The USA doesn't really have too strict of rules. If we elect either two of the Republican candidates for president, then this will probably be the case. Immigration policies don't need to be harder or stricter - just smarter.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:31 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Strict? Hahahah.. Obama lets anyone and everyone in . Ever since he took office , I see Muslims everywhere . I just went back to my hometown in Chicago and was appalled at how many I seen . Obama is far from strict

Old 03-29-2016, 10:18 AM

54 posts, read 55,827 times
Actually Islam is the fastest growing religion in the US, Indians and Chinese are the fastest growing nationalities.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:48 AM

30,383 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Muslims in the USA have so far been pretty crime free and middle class to date but I worry they may one day take to heart the hate language advocated by their prophet had and kill the infidels here. I prefer they stay in the Middle East unless they change their religion to a religion that doesn't advocate killing Americans or at least become atheists or agnostics.

As far as Europe goes, I'm not optimistic that they can amalgamate the Muslims that are bent to radicalize they have allowed in so they essentially have a large number of people in their midst that have the desire to kill them. It also makes it easier for them to access the USA through Europe.

Conclusion is that Islam is the one 'religion' that can never exist peacefully in the West.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:02 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,454,397 times
To the OP.

Canada sent it's own Immigration officers, and RCMP officers to Lebanon, and Turkey, to the refugee camps, to SELECT the families that we wanted to bring to Canada. WE did NOT select any single males, ONLY husbands and wives and their minor children. We brought 26,000 people to Canada, in a matter of three months, BUT the selection process was in place for about a year.

Perhaps, I as a Canadian who lives in Canada, might just know more about this subject than YOU do.

Fifty percent of that 26,000 group were sponsored by individual Canadian citizens, or groups of Canadians. The other fifty percent were sponsored by the Government of Canada. Those private sponsors are responsible for the settlement, housing, and ongoing help to their refugees. The kids are in school, their Parents are being given job testing, and learning about their new home....Canada.

Canada as a country has a long and proud history of being willing to help those who need it. In 1956, we took in 55,000 people from Hungary, who were fleeing a Communist dictatorship. In the middle 1970's we took in 100,000 Vietnamese "boat people " who are now some of our most successful citizens. In the 1990's we took in thousands from Somalia, and Sudan. Now we are helping the refugees from Syria.

Canada sees this as the "right thing to do ". That is why we do it.

Before you make rash statements, get the FACTS right OK ?

Jim B.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:09 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Many European countries have much stricter immigration laws than the US.
Which ones?

Europe is probably the most immigrant-friendly place on earth. I mean, in most of Europe, anyone can move to your country, for any reason, provided they're part of Schengen (which is to say most of Europe). That's alone like 30 countries.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:43 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,821,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Which ones?

Europe is probably the most immigrant-friendly place on earth. I mean, in most of Europe, anyone can move to your country, for any reason, provided they're part of Schengen (which is to say most of Europe). That's alone like 30 countries.
Yes, but they aren't considered immigrants, but fellow Europeans.

I obviously thought that an 'immigrant' is some evil Musulmani jihadist-raper-drug dealer-the devil himself kindf of immigrant.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:49 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times
Copy the US immigration system, the dysfunctional system that failed to be revamped for decades due to political BS, the system which allows millions of illegals to stay for years and obtain residency, while keeping qualified Phds and Master's wait 10 years for a greencard?

That's the last system you want to copy.

Last edited by botticelli; 03-29-2016 at 12:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe