Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 01:11 PM

39 posts, read 39,936 times

Advertisements

going to Paris, France this Saturday.. have a 3yr and 5yr old..

Catacombs is a must do, bucket list..

However just purchasing admission is a HORROR in itself.. The official page is sending mix signals.. See link below, its straight up says, children 17 and under are free, right?

Tarifs | Catacombes de Paris - Musée Carnavalet - Histoire de la ville de Paris | Paris.fr
(below, english translation
Museum admission | Catacombes de Paris - Musée Carnavalet - Histoire de la ville de Paris | Paris.fr

However when you go to purchase your tickets, on the admissions page, they charge for children, specifically stating children ages 4-17 are 5€

Billetterie en ligne - Paris Musées - Les musées de la Ville de Paris

I don't understand....

Is there someone here that may be of assistance in clearing this up?

Regards,

Sean P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 01:54 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,606,474 times
It is free for children, what costs €5 is the fastrack ticket with the audio guide.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:28 PM

ahhHH so essentially €5 to guarantee the no line/queue wait..

Otherwise its €12 per adult and free for children under 17 but you have to wait in line(possibly) as this must be done via the cashiers box on site..

got it!

ARRIGATO!

oNe

Old 03-21-2016, 03:08 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,606,474 times
Queue for the catacombs can be very long because they only accept a limited number of people inside at the same time.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:16 PM

8,866 posts, read 8,448,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Price View Post
ahhHH so essentially €5 to guarantee the no line/queue wait..
Do it. The queue for the catacombs is one of the worst I've ever had. It closes very early (4 PM or so), if you arrive at 2, you can't get in at all. Though in their defense, it was July.

If you don't want to pay then go very early, like start waiting from 8 AM or something.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:32 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,610 times
I would not take young children to the catacombs. Its a very dark, dank and scary place. I doubt at 3 & 5 they've ever been exposed to real human bones and the thousands of skulls will give them nightmares for years. Plus the signs are in french and rather goulish and the audio tape way over their heads.

Skip it until they're older or find a recomended sitter from your hotel.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:55 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
I would not take young children to the catacombs. Its a very dark, dank and scary place. I doubt at 3 & 5 they've ever been exposed to real human bones and the thousands of skulls will give them nightmares for years. Plus the signs are in french and rather goulish and the audio tape way over their heads.

Skip it until they're older or find a recomended sitter from your hotel.
I was thinking the same.
My wife and I went to Paris years ago it was my first time but she had been there a few times before. I didn't know about the catacombs then but she did. She didn't tell me about because she knew that I would have liked to check it out but she and I quote "NO WAY I would have nightmares"

Perhaps kids that are 3-5 might not realize what they are seeing but I wouldn't subject my little ones to it.

Far too scary.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:22 PM

186 posts, read 157,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Price View Post
going to Paris, France this Saturday.. have a 3yr and 5yr old..

Catacombs is a must do, bucket list..

However just purchasing admission is a HORROR in itself.. The official page is sending mix signals.. See link below, its straight up says, children 17 and under are free, right?

Tarifs | Catacombes de Paris - Musée Carnavalet - Histoire de la ville de Paris | Paris.fr
(below, english translation
Museum admission | Catacombes de Paris - Musée Carnavalet - Histoire de la ville de Paris | Paris.fr

However when you go to purchase your tickets, on the admissions page, they charge for children, specifically stating children ages 4-17 are 5€

Billetterie en ligne - Paris Musées - Les musées de la Ville de Paris

I don't understand....

Is there someone here that may be of assistance in clearing this up?

Regards,

Sean P
Your kids are way too young to go and visit the catacombs!

Old 03-25-2016, 07:30 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,610 times
Have you read this?

Old 03-27-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
Have you read this?
Yes, thank you!

I think yall are correct... Initially we were thinking they were too young to even be scared as in you can't be scared of what you dont know to be scared of..

well we leave in about 5hrs!!

Paris, here we come!

lets do this team!

hoppy easter everbunny!

Sean P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe