Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 02:15 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times

Advertisements

Swiss school allows Muslim boys to skip shaking female teachers' hands

Switzerland treats people by castes and people have unequal and special rights basic on their caste.

"A decision by a Swiss high school to allow two Muslim boys to skip handshakes with their female teachers over religious concerns has triggered a debate in a country where handshake greetings have long been a gender-neutral tradition."

Swiss school allows Muslim boys to skip shaking female teachers' hands, stirs debate | Fox News

Question is, if native kid does not want to handshake a teacher for one reason or the other, native has no right to say no. But then these syrian folks with their special rights are getting special rights and walk over natives.

How this is possible?

I actually never touched a person if I did not want to, it should be equal individual right to all without taking it as a personal offence but this type of religious caste separation is mistreating native kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 02:44 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,345,766 times
I don't really get your post. Obviously it's aimed against Muslims after reading some biased news from abroad.

Anyway, both local students and foreigners get **** for mistreating women in Switzerland. In the case of the Syrian boys, the naturalisation process of the whole family got stalled and they receive threats from all over the country.

So, in my eyes their actions did trigger a deserved reaction from both the administration and the public. I realise that you are probably in favour of capital punishment in such cases, but since people are generally more reasonable we will have to go with that for now.

Einbürgerung der Handschlag-Verweigerer auf Eis gelegt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe