Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 10:28 AM

820 posts, read 954,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Two of the main candidates in terms of the French Elections are Sarkozy and Le Pen.

Sarkozy is now stating that he wants a new Europe which takes control of it's borders and that Britain should be offered a new treaty.

I'll offer Britain a new EU treaty and a chance to say no to Brexit, Sarkozy promises - Telegraph

Nicolas Sarkozy would give Britain 'chance to reverse Brexit vote' if elected French president - ITV News

The other major French candidate in next years election when the deeply unpopular Hollande will no doubt be replaced is Marine Le Pen.

Le Pen has stated she will hold a similar vote to the UK and take France out of the EU.

Marine Le Pen on Brexit, Frexit and the future of Europe - BBC News

Marine Le Pen, National Front riding anti-establishment wave ahead of France elections - Washington Times

How Marine Le Pen Has Upended French Politics - New Republic

Why the most important person in British politics is Marine Le Pen

It's also not good news for Merkel, who also faces an election in 2017

Merkel’s conservatives sink to all-time low in poll – POLITICO

Angela Merkel's CDU suffers Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania poll blow - BBC News

Frankly, if you take your information from British media, you can t be right.
Sarkozy is already losing against Juppé in the right wing battle. He won t be candidate...
As for Le Pen, 70% of French people Said on a poll They will never vote for Le Pen.

France ´s next President will be François Hollande or Alain Juppé.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 10:29 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
^ Yeah exactly, that was my point...as the prices are often driven by fear and not real "value" any announcement like that will have effects. In contrast Boris Johnson or someone else saying that everything is fantastic may have the opposite effect.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:39 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,446,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
So Scotland announced independence referendum, not? I don't get how is that a smart decision, apart from being yet another funny news coming from that part of Europe. I mean with the pound already dropping shaply, surely news like that won't make it better? She should've waited for slightly better moment otherwise it sounds like "f**ck you England" from her side.
45% of the voters voted to leave two years ago, now that England voted to leave the EU, that number would probably be higher by now.

Besides, it seems like younger generations would prefer independence, so independence supporters probably actually have reasons to be optimistic.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
45% of the voters voted to leave two years ago, now that England voted to leave the EU, that number would probably be higher by now.

Besides, it seems like younger generations would prefer independence, so independence supporters probably actually have reasons to be optimistic.
According to research by Edinburgh University, young voters were actually more likely than other groups to vote against independence. As for the SNP they have no mandate to call a second referendum, the majority of Scottish people polled don't want a second referendum and the SNP are a minority Government with the other political parties all supporting the union, so therefore a bill on a second referendum would not even make it through the Scottish Parliament.

Old 10-13-2016, 02:54 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,732,125 times
Quote:
I think we all need to calm down, or this important thread will be locked.
Indeed it will.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:30 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,681 times
I asked if British membership in the EU could be compared to a bad marriage. This was confirmed by Brits posting to this forum.

So Brexit could be compared to a divorce? Is that why people are acting the way they are?

Old 10-13-2016, 09:26 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
Frankly, if you take your information from British media, you can t be right.
Sarkozy is already losing against Juppé in the right wing battle. He won t be candidate...
As for Le Pen, 70% of French people Said on a poll They will never vote for Le Pen.

France ´s next President will be François Hollande or Alain Juppé.
I most certainly will not take my information from someone as biased as you.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:35 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
UK Balance of Trade with EU Countries
You need to restate that, you are willing buyers. No one forces you to buy for instance german products. It is simply superior quality that sells itself.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:44 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
No mention of Marmite here? I am disappointed. Brexit is all about the Marmite now!

Old 10-14-2016, 12:17 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
No mention of Marmite here? I am disappointed. Brexit is all about the Marmite now!
Marmite is safe, and back in Tesco shops! It was a close thing though.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe