Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:46 PM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
Unfortunately here you are right... recently, palm oil has been used too much as an additive to various products and not only in dairy products.. "merciless hand of the market," damn it... And it is desirable don't take cheap sausage... there at all the entire Mendeleev's table..
But in general, I think, the quality of local products in Russia is much higher than in the West.

"In the West" - where in the "West"?

P.S. On a bright side - I stopped by the Russian store few weeks ago and everything I bought there was of excellent quality ( all was made in Moscow - they told me they don't order from anywhere else.)
Everything was chomped up by the locals ( Americans that is) and I received few inquiries on "where to get more."

So go figure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 12:21 AM

1,348 posts, read 625,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Zimogooooor))))
What's the rent like in your city/town (and how big is the city/town you live in)?
And while we are at that, where is it located?

Our town by the standards of Russia is small..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biysk
Rent in our town around from 5000rub to 25000rub.
Flat 105 sq.m (3 rooms) - 25000rub per month.
https://www.avito.ru/biysk/kvartiry/...et._1542741232

( Yes, just in case if you wonder - I DO want to know where the keys from your apartment where you keep your money ARE as well ©...)
Quote:
"In the West" - where in the "West"?

I've been to Europe a couple of times as a tourist. Specifically, I did not like bread and milk. Milk is basically all UHT with a shelf life of a month or more, and it is a complete chemistry. Bread, too, some tasteless.

I think we have strayed from the topic

Old 04-11-2019, 12:23 AM

427 posts, read 245,987 times
Quote:
No problem, I did a quick search in one particular district ( I picked it "hypothetically speaking," since it stacks well against VDNKH in terms of distance from the center of the city,) and it's basically not too different from VDNKH in terms of rent pricing.
But I do see that at this location you can find 1-room apartments ( and that's NOT 1 bedroom minding you as in the US, it's just one room ( but that's not the equivalent of the studio either.) So you can find 1-room apartment ( at least in that district) for 30,000 rub a month.

I am sure you can find something like this at VDNKH then too.
I'll be talking to Moscow tomorrow, so if I won't forget, I'll ask them what rents REALLY are and where ( what parts of the city) just to get a better idea.

Then I might give you a better estimate.

But let's ask Zimogor here what the rent runs in his neck of woods ( wherever he is) in comparison to Moscow.
Is 1/3rd of my income still an awful financial decision? In America, that might matter more, but considering the cost of other things in Russia, it might not be as bad as spending a third of my income here on rent because relative to the cost of everything else, my rent is far more expensive than anything else I might have to pay. Is there a decently priced university in Moscow that does language programs (I was told that compared to MGUs 372,000p per year program, Penza State University is 72,000p for the full year.

I've lived in a studio before, so I'm not totally sure what you mean by a 1 room apartment that is not the studio...do you mean like renting one room in someone else's house?

The way you said you'll be talking to Moscow tomorrow makes it sound like you're a spy who will be contacting Lubyanka tomorrow (if it were 30 years ago, that is).

I'll have to go to VDNKh at least once, that's for sure.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
I think we have strayed from the topic
25000p for a 1000 sq ft apartment is so cheap...omg

Old 04-11-2019, 12:30 AM

1,348 posts, read 625,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousAboutRussia View Post
I've lived in a studio before, so I'm not totally sure what you mean by a 1 room apartment that is not the studio...do you mean like renting one room in someone else's house?
No, it's apartment is separate 1 room and kitchen.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
No, it's apartment includes 1 room and kitchen.
Yeah, I've lived in one like that...it sounds like a studio...unless there's something weird going on with the bathroom...

Old 04-11-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
25000p for a 1000 sq ft apartment is so cheap...omg

I've posted it before, and I'll re-post it for you here))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev5NbuO1f7k

Old 04-11-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:

I knew that. It's just shocking that Moscow is so expensive. Yakutsk is too. Apparently, people love their arctic weather. I'm watching it now ;D

Sorry if I seem ignorant here.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:

From what I'm reading in the comments (the guy translated them in the description), Moscow is not for me.

They made it sound like Moscow is very impersonal because of the hustle and bustle, and that the smaller cities (Novosibirsk? Yekaterinburg? Novgorod?) are all way more personal and there are more connections between people...Does that make sense?

Old 04-11-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Is 1/3rd of my income still an awful financial decision? In America, that might matter more, but considering the cost of other things in Russia, it might not be as bad as spending a third of my income here on rent because relative to the cost of everything else, my rent is far more expensive than anything else I might have to pay. Is there a decently priced university in Moscow that does language programs (I was told that compared to MGUs 372,000p per year program, Penza State University is 72,000p for the full year.

The way you said you'll be talking to Moscow tomorrow makes it sound like you're a spy who will be contacting Lubyanka tomorrow (if it were 30 years ago, that is).

I'll have to go to VDNKh at least once, that's for sure.

No exactly, from what I remember about "studios" in US, they use the concept of "open space," where everything ends up in "one room," *kitchen* including.
In Russia, in one-room apartment, everything will be still separated by walls, kitchen including.
This is just an example of small 1-room apartment ( it will be easier for you to envision it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qkyBCcNQBA

( Truth to be told, I see "studios" mentioned on Russian sites now too, so I'll have to check on that one ...)

As for the rest... - can't tell from the get-go.
I am not in your age group, plus my spying abilities are going down the hill)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe