Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 12:08 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,360,805 times

Advertisements

OP has never visited France but is intending to move there? Plans to visit sometime in the next few months? Huh?

Most countries in the EU are under lockdowns to one extent or another, including France. Covid vaccines are not available for most people in most EU countries. I probably won't be able to get a jab until mid or late summer if lucky, and I am age 66. Few EU countries are above 15 percent of the population vaccinated, and no signs of a sudden increase in supply. Most Hotels are closed to tourists. Restaurants are open to take out food only, and you can't eat on the street or in public, the food is supposed to be taken home. I have not been more than 50 km / 30 miles from my apartment in the past 6 months.

2021 is not a good time to visit anyplace in Europe as a tourist.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:18 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,566,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I'm not saying that is always the case, but we need to realize what tends to be generally true. Also, I am not familiar with OP's posting history. I don't usually frequent those forums.

But even then it's hard to know everything people pretend to be online. Maybe the person is just having a rough spell. I mean, we are in the middle of a pandemic, so who knows?
I think you're trying to excuse your own behaviour, but are just making matters more confusing.
You were quick to label me, and seem slow to accept that the opposite can also apply. Best to give it rest.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:31 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,566,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
OP has never visited France but is intending to move there? Plans to visit sometime in the next few months? Huh?

Most countries in the EU are under lockdowns to one extent or another, including France. Covid vaccines are not available for most people in most EU countries. I probably won't be able to get a jab until mid or late summer if lucky, and I am age 66. Few EU countries are above 15 percent of the population vaccinated, and no signs of a sudden increase in supply. Most Hotels are closed to tourists. Restaurants are open to take out food only, and you can't eat on the street or in public, the food is supposed to be taken home. I have not been more than 50 km / 30 miles from my apartment in the past 6 months.

2021 is not a good time to visit anyplace in Europe as a tourist.
JHU has an international vaccine tracker. Scroll down for the intl numbers.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/vaccines/us-states

Place the cursor on the circle to get the specific number.
All the larger EU countries are well below 10%.
The OP doesn't hold masks and vaccs in particularly high regard.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:06 PM

27,552 posts, read 28,636,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
I think you're trying to excuse your own behaviour, but are just making matters more confusing.
You were quick to label me, and seem slow to accept that the opposite can also apply. Best to give it rest.
I guess there was a little misunderstanding because I was talking about the OP.

Over the course of this thread, he made many anti-American statements that go way beyond the original post. He could have come clean about his true intentions, but of course people rarely do that. So, you have to go with the information that is before you and read between the lines.

Not that I have too much of a problem with it, especially since he is honest about looking to leave this country. But I do have a problem with people who bash a country and yet continue to stay in it when they are free to leave. It's a good thing that if you hate the country you currently live in, then there are technically 194 other countries to consider choosing from.

Plus, France is a good choice for a country to live in too. So, I approve. I do know a family who moved to the Paris area from Northern Virginia. But they came back after a number of years. I guess it was too much of a social adjustment for them. Couldn’t really fit in. There are a lot of issues when you move from one country to another. A lot of culture shock even if it's a western country.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 04-05-2021 at 02:16 PM..

Old 04-05-2021, 01:58 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,160,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
We’ve lived our whole lives with pride, raised three well adjusted children and in our mid 40’s have been together for over 32 years. Nothing we value is shared amongst those in this country anymore, and the only thing of embarrassment are posts from folks like yourself.

Simply put, Americans can be generalized to a degree, and you’ve shown (perfectly) why that is. Thanks for uour input.
When are you leaving? Are you still here? I feel so sorry for the French. I love France and the French people. I love Annecy (another Venice of the North city) and I love the Breton coast.

You don't care about us and we shall be better for your leaving. And to you I say Adieu, not au revoir!

Old 04-05-2021, 02:27 PM

27,552 posts, read 28,636,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
exploringappalachia.com
Am I supposed to be turned off by this web site?

LOL. Who knows?

Old 04-05-2021, 02:33 PM

61,653 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Alright, this thread is officially done.
With 146 posts, OP got enough info.
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.