Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 07:19 AM

7,342 posts, read 4,131,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnorak100 View Post
@Seija
There's all sorts of rules in different building which make It difficult to bring dates or friends to stay for a few days.
There is a huge difference between a friend staying over for one night and having an illegal roommate.

There is also a huge difference between a friend over and hosting a party.

Frankly, any building in any country would not be happy with loud parties or turning an apartment into a hotel or rooming house.

BTW, no one easily becomes a dual citizenship. If your family left Europe before 1967, it's difficult. Not impossible, but difficult.

Old 05-04-2021, 07:34 AM

12 posts, read 11,682 times
@Yorktowngal
I don't plan on hosting parties, but sometimes if I bring a female friend to stay over for a few days and the more conservative folks don't want guests. It deepens on the buildings. Other buildings don't care. I've stayed in college towns and they have lax rules.

A friend of mine became a dual citizen after only-two months. It's definitely possible. I still have Europen family. I'm talking about Continental Europe. Maybe, in the UK the laws are different. More so since I heard that with Brexit might make things tougher. But I don't know since.I don't follow UK politics closely.

Old 05-04-2021, 08:23 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
What? You are not suggesting Helsinki? I am surprised. The Finnish sense of personal space alone would mean he would be distanced from families and couples, all right, because he'd be distanced from EVERYone.
Plus, I believe that everyone can benefit from a good linguistic challenge. So, Finland it is, for the OP!

Old 05-04-2021, 09:46 AM

7,342 posts, read 4,131,451 times
Quote:
@Yorktowngal
I don't plan on hosting parties, but sometimes if I bring a female friend to stay over for a few days and the more conservative folks don't want guests. It deepens on the buildings. Other buildings don't care. I've stayed in college towns and they have lax rules.

A friend of mine became a dual citizen after only-two months. It's definitely possible. I still have Europen family. I'm talking about Continental Europe. Maybe, in the UK the laws are different. More so since I heard that with Brexit might make things tougher. But I don't know since.I don't follow UK politics closely.
I know for Italy, the waiting list for an appointment with the local Italy embassy is about two years. The documents have to be translated with an apostille. If there is one mistake, it takes another two years for the second appointment.

[Mod cut: sensitive info]

Last edited by elnina; 05-05-2021 at 05:45 AM..

Old 05-04-2021, 12:47 PM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
Why don't you just go somewhere for a 6 month stint & see if you like it, you seem to have nothing to tie you to one place. I would also suggest more research into dual nationality. It may not be as simple as you seem to think. Unless of course, there is more to the storey. ( like you may already have some form of European citizenship)

Old 05-04-2021, 01:08 PM

61,712 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
@Seija
I see. What I'm getting at is that in some places in there can be couples or even older couples with no children. And if you want to bring guests to your building like a date , they'll make your live difficult. They have this mindset of, "We don't want that in our building.' There's all sorts of rules in different building which make It difficult to bring dates or friends to stay for a few days.
Generally, they might not like to see different women staying at your place every few days. The same GF overnight from time to time might be ok. But there could be other issues.
Often tenants pay for services like water use, garbage depending on occupancy. If you bring someone too often, and they stay with you for days or weeks there might be a problem.

Old 05-04-2021, 02:37 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,092 times
Quote:
@Seija
I see. What I'm getting at is that in some places in there can be couples or even older couples with no children. And if you want to bring guests to your building like a date , they'll make your live difficult. They have this mindset of, "We don't want that in our building.' There's all sorts of rules in different building which make It difficult to bring dates or friends to stay for a few days.

Oh. I have never run into that. What horribly nosy people. I don't know what to tell you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe