Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2009, 12:00 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times

Advertisements

John Demjanjuk is not an isolated case. German investigators have set their sights on other presumed Nazi war criminals, raising the question of how the law should deal with the aged accessories of the Holocaust.

Germany Has Sights on Several Alleged Nazi War Criminals - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 03:39 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,869,561 times
They are still pursuing Nazi criminals? come on, the whole gambit is becoming ridiculous.
The youngest must be 90 years old!
they'd rather focus on Al Qaida, I think!

Old 04-17-2009, 03:38 PM

179 posts, read 480,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
They are still pursuing Nazi criminals? come on, the whole gambit is becoming ridiculous.
The youngest must be 90 years old!
they'd rather focus on Al Qaida, I think!
You obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. Prosecuting murderers is never ridiculous no matter how old they are. The problem lies more in the choice of who is prosecuted why and when. But even when considering the bad choices taken over decades and allt the guys having gotten away with much worse, I can't see this neccessarily means all other should run free as well.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:49 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Control Freak View Post
You obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about..

Obviously.

I'm willing to bet there are Islamic terrorist cells within Germany that are way more of a threat than 90 year old men. If they're going after these old war criminals, I hope it's a case of them pretty much falling in their laps and they're not putting too much effort/resources into this.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
I'm willing to bet there are Islamic terrorist cells within Germany that are way more of a threat than 90 year old men.
That's probably why more islamic terrorists have been trialed in the last years than 90 yrs olds.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:59 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,258,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Control Freak View Post
That's probably why more islamic terrorists have been trialed in the last years than 90 yrs olds.

Of course. How many more Islamic terrorist types do you think are out there and how many 90 year old Nazi war criminals are out there? My guess is a lot of Islamic terrorist types, very few Nazi war criminals and still way more terrorist types out there no matter what the ratio of terrorists to Nazis are... like that even matters.

Then there's the drug kingpins and the human/sex trafficking that goes through Europe.... So yeah, I hope this one just fell into their laps.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
Of course. How many more Islamic terrorist types do you think are out there and how many 90 year old Nazi war criminals are out there? My guess is a lot of Islamic terrorist types, very few Nazi war criminals
Maybe you misread my post. Germany has trialed several terrorists and zero Nazi war criminals in the past, say, 3 yrs. That's not very surprising and not very interesting.
So what's your point? You're saying only the worst handful of criminals (which of course are always bearded arab teeeeeeeeeeeeeerrorists by default) should be prosecuted but nobody else?

Old 04-19-2009, 04:59 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,869,561 times
So what's your point? You're saying only the worst handful of criminals (which of course are always bearded arab teeeeeeeeeeeeeerrorists by default) should be prosecuted but nobody else?

I don't know if it is his point, but I make it definitely mine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe