Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 07:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,716 times

Advertisements

I am trying to plan a girls trip to Rome. I am looking for some cool things to do that would be good for 6 girls in their twenties other than just seeing the sights. I was thinking spa trips, night clubs... Anyone else have other ideas or spacific places/activities for us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 10:02 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,392,525 times
Go to Siena, rent 3 scooters, and take a ride through Tuscany (Castellina, Radda, Greve). Stop and have lunch in one of the towns, and pick up some local wine while you're there. I brought back a bottle of cabernet from a restaurant in Castellina, it was located on the square. Scooters cost about 45/scooter for 24 hr rental. You can make the trip on one tank of petrol easy. The traffic is not bad once you get outside of Siena. I recommend you take some motorcycle courses first before you go.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:14 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Siena, as much as I love it, is some distance from Rome. I'm not sure I'd recommend riding around on scooters in Italy, it looks cool when Audrey Hepburn does it in the movies, but I think it might perhaps be an unnecessary risk.
Evenings in Italy are all about the passeggiata, the evening stroll where everyone hangs out on the piazza. (Actually, I remember the Siena passeggiata being a really good one, but I had a great time in Rome as a twenty-something, too.)
As I recall, the main areas of Rome tend to be Via Veneto, the piazza near the Pantheon (The Pantheon is a very special place) or the Trastevere.
If you plant yourself in one of those spots, the nightlife will find you.
Just be a bit careful on the #64 bus.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:35 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,060,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingnurse View Post
I am trying to plan a girls trip to Rome. I am looking for some cool things to do that would be good for 6 girls in their twenties other than just seeing the sights. I was thinking spa trips, night clubs... Anyone else have other ideas or spacific places/activities for us?
just be aware where you go in Rome. It's not Switzerland...
with opening of the eastern block, there are a lot of things happening in Rome. A mass exodus from Romania, Albania, and other less fortunate countries has brought a certain atmosphere...

Old 07-14-2009, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 4,158 times
Ciao, i am Italian so i hope i can help...
I went to Rome at least 5 times and i love it, i can never get tired of such a beautiful city!
Last time i was in Rome, I took a trip to Naples, Capri and Pompei. It was $150 that included bus, guide, tour of Pompei and lunch, and also water taxi ticket to, and from Capri. We left from the hotel at 6am and got back at 10.30. You can find these kind of one day trips at the hotel lobby.
Also, the best clubs in town are in Campo dei Fiori. Usually they are open till 4am or 5am. It's a lot of fun.
Let me know if you need more info and have fun on your trip... wish i could go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe