Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 09:46 PM

6 posts, read 4,152 times

Advertisements

Which is better for visiting or living in ? Which has better food? friendlier people? better weather? better scenery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 10:54 PM

10,338 posts, read 15,204,042 times
Andalucia for all options.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:56 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,270,182 times
There’s nothing particularly special about Extremadura. Andalusia is rich with culture, great food, lovely architecture, and great weather. Sevilla is one of my favorite cities in the world, and I also really love Granada and Córdoba. The Andalusian people are quite friendly. It’s my favorite part of Spain, actually.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:38 AM

9,448 posts, read 14,400,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Andalucia for all options.
I agree.

However, if a tourist is passionate about Roman history, Merida offers the remains of a Roman capital relatively intact, including bronze inscriptions beside the monumental building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
There’s nothing particularly special about Extremadura.
Quite special, actually, at least in my view, and could be worth a visit just for that reason.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
I agree.

However, if a tourist is passionate about Roman history, Merida offers the remains of a Roman capital relatively intact, including bronze inscriptions beside the monumental building.

Quite special, actually, at least in my view, and could be worth a visit just for that reason.
I lived in Castilla-La Mancha but very close to Extremadura (Toledo). It certainly has some beautiful areas and I did really enjoy Cáceres but overall, it’s a pretty sleepy/quiet area compared to other parts of Spain, including Andalucía. The Roman ruins at Merida are interesting but I thought the Aqueduct at Segovia was more impressive.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:19 PM

Isn't Andalusia very hot in the summer and very touristy? I dislike tourist traps

Old 06-24-2018, 03:00 PM

It does get hot in both Extremadura and Andalusia though cooler by the coast. Sevilla runs a few degrees warmer than Cáceres but they both get into the 30s C in the summer.

Andalusia is touristy but a lot of Spain is touristy. Extremadura would be better if you are looking for a quieter and less touristy place.

I wouldn’t call most of Andalusia a “tourist trap” though, besides somewhere like Málaga which is basically a resort town. Andalusia has so much culture and history.

Last edited by Bluefox; 06-24-2018 at 03:12 PM..

Old 06-26-2018, 01:49 AM

502 posts, read 658,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescaito View Post
Isn't Andalusia very hot in the summer and very touristy? I dislike tourist traps
You are obviously Spanish or know very well Spain (your nickname gives you away). Stop pretending you know nothing just to bash Andalusia.

You know the answers to your questions.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:12 AM

Nope not Spanish, I am American.

Why would I want to bash Andalusia? I have never been there.I would like to visit (and perhaps live there) but I wanted the input of people who are more familiar with both places. I love traditional Spanish towns and mild weather(hate winter) , good food, nice people but I also dislike crowds. Perhaps another part of Spain would be better?

Old 06-26-2018, 01:12 PM

5 posts, read 2,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
There’s nothing particularly special about Extremadura. Andalusia is rich with culture, great food, lovely architecture, and great weather. Sevilla is one of my favorite cities in the world, and I also really love Granada and Córdoba. The Andalusian people are quite friendly. It’s my favorite part of Spain, actually.
If you say that, then you might have never visited Extremadura.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe