Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:20 AM

85 posts, read 214,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailarina View Post
Argentineans normally are fully integrated here, as chileans, uruguayans etc there is no problem with the most l. americans, especially if they are youngs, of course there are exceptions. Sometimes the tv presents cases of racism or bad behavior of immigrants, but isn´t the normal thing betwen latinamerican community, there are others a lot more problematics immigrants.
So what are the least integrated nationalities of latin americans there? what are the most numerious? colombians? ecuadorias? peruvians? bolivians? are they more hard to integrate because of their more native american/amerindian culture?

What about gangs in spain? are they central american/from caribean south america (colombia, ecuador,venezuela)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 11:32 AM

190 posts, read 706,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestMind View Post
So what are the least integrated nationalities of latin americans there? what are the most numerious? colombians? ecuadorias? peruvians? bolivians? are they more hard to integrate because of their more native american/amerindian culture?

What about gangs in spain? are they central american/from caribean south america (colombia, ecuador,venezuela)?
The least integrated maybe are bolivians, ecuadorians etc. but not in a criminal sense, i mean are more closed communities maybe because their culture is more different and meet each other more, the largest group are the Colombians, among this group existe a high crime rate, but not between normal people (i mean, i have many colombian friends, university mates etc, and they don´t have nothing to do with bands) the violence in this group is usually not at street level, except for some latin bands, but they are a minority

Old 09-28-2011, 09:10 PM

492 posts, read 1,149,726 times
Quote:
The least integrated maybe are bolivians, ecuadorians etc. but not in a criminal sense, i mean are more closed communities maybe because their culture is more different and meet each other more, the largest group are the Colombians, among this group existe a high crime rate, but not between normal people (i mean, i have many colombian friends, university mates etc, and they don´t have nothing to do with bands) the violence in this group is usually not at street level, except for some latin bands, but they are a minority
Bailarina, I guess what the OP wants to know is, if millions of people Spain listen to hate radio such as the rush linbaugh (Spanish version) that continually refers to Hispanic immigrants as invaders, savages, villains, criminals, sub humans who are destroying the white nation. Is the Spanish government planning to deploy the military around the areas where the illegals are coming in??

Last edited by cjester; 09-28-2011 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: spell

Old 09-29-2011, 05:57 PM

190 posts, read 706,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
Bailarina, I guess what the OP wants to know is, if millions of people Spain listen to hate radio such as the rush linbaugh (Spanish version) that continually refers to Hispanic immigrants as invaders, savages, villains, criminals, sub humans who are destroying the white nation. Is the Spanish government planning to deploy the military around the areas where the illegals are coming in??
No i don´t think so

Old 09-30-2011, 05:22 AM

2,226 posts, read 5,107,982 times
Quote:
Hi princess, you are right in the "direct way" or "rudeness" sometimes, paradoxically is something that bother to many of my compatriots too, i don´t think this is a virtue either, good manners are very important to make feel good people. Well, the point is that someone of out can confuse this way of speak with rejection, when is the normal treat to us and there is no bad intention but cultural tactless.

----

If people from Madrid call Catalans "Polacos de mierda" and Basques are called "Terrorists", what can you expect from them?

Many Spanish people always show more education among foreigners than among their Spanish neighbours.

People here are pis.sed with Islamic intolerance, with Gypsies and with many Eastern European criminals. They are pi.s.ed mostly by our hippy "we all love each other" laws.

Latins share the same culture, the same language, the same religion.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:24 AM

35 posts, read 153,778 times
Europe is not the US, the world is not the US

the US is absolutely obsessed with labeling people by races, while in europe it's more about culture

white americans, black americans, hispanic americans they're all just americans / yanks / U.S. people..... not one really classify them by race.

I also lived in south america and the latin/hispanic label doesnt exist there.... people like in europe just go by culture.... so if you're a mexican visiting colombia, then you're a foreigner from a different culture / country... just like a china man would be!!!

America has created racial labels that they use to the max inside America, and many americans "assume" it must be like that elsewhere, not realizing outside the US, race Us style matters very little and society classifies itself differently.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:53 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xutka View Post
Europe is not the US, the world is not the US

the US is absolutely obsessed with labeling people by races, while in europe it's more about culture

white americans, black americans, hispanic americans they're all just americans / yanks / U.S. people..... not one really classify them by race.

I also lived in south america and the latin/hispanic label doesnt exist there.... people like in europe just go by culture.... so if you're a mexican visiting colombia, then you're a foreigner from a different culture / country... just like a china man would be!!!

America has created racial labels that they use to the max inside America, and many americans "assume" it must be like that elsewhere, not realizing outside the US, race Us style matters very little and society classifies itself differently.
The USA is just more honest about it believe me Europeans are just as obsessed with race. After all where do you think Americans got their "obsession" from.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:24 AM

Edward

You are right, the Americans love to say they are one third Polish, one fifth Comanche, 1/3 Bavarians, Russian and who knows what else....

In Europe, somebody that lives 60 miles away and belongs to a different (white) ethnicity from the same country is "a frigging foreigner".

Old 11-07-2011, 06:30 AM

Xutka

Yes, people here are labelled by race.
65 years ago, 15 million Europeans were labelled, fumigated and exterminated.
Hadn't been for the Americans, "they" would have labelled, fumigated and exterminated all Europe and Spain, Italy and France would now be a place packed with corny Bavarian cottages and busty frauleins carrying large jars of beer during Oktoberfest.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:11 AM

255 posts, read 565,477 times
A lot of nations liberated Europe Manolon - not yours mind but if it wasn't for the combined will and bravery of the Allies - all of Europe would have been under the jackboot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe